This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis co-ordinates out of thin air?

i thought id watch atlantis series 1 ep 1 "rising" again because i really like the part where atlantis rises out of the water,so i loaded it up and started watching,now im guessing little time passed between,the lost city and rising part 1 because the air force/ioc had erected a seemingly huge dome like structure around the entrance to the ancient outpost in anarctica,
    when it gets to the part where daniel gets to the part where he explains about atlantis not havng a 7 chevron interplanetary gate address but infact having an 8 chevron intergalactic address, does he just pluck the address out of thin air or assming its the address for proclarush teonas does he just pluck the 7th destination chevron out of thin air?

Originally posted by stevieg View Post
    i thought id watch atlantis series 1 ep 1 "rising" again because i really like the part where atlantis rises out of the water,so i loaded it up and started watching,now im guessing little time passed between,the lost city and rising part 1 because the air force/ioc had erected a seemingly huge dome like structure around the entrance to the ancient outpost in anarctica,
    when it gets to the part where daniel gets to the part where he explains about atlantis not havng a 7 chevron interplanetary gate address but infact having an 8 chevron intergalactic address, does he just pluck the address out of thin air or assming its the address for proclarush teonas does he just pluck the 7th destination chevron out of thin air?
    There was a large research group working out of the facility at that time. It seems safe to assume that he got the address from some sort of Ancient database that was in the outpost.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg View Post

Jack gave him the coordinates after he was downloaded with the ancient knowledge a second time, and he sat in the chair in the ancient outpost. When he released the drones on Anubis's fleet. I don't remeber the episode, but that was supposed to have been when Mitchell's plane went down and he was injured.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Time did indeed pass between "Lost City" and "Rising". In fact, "Rising" also takes place after "New Order" (SG-1 8x01-02). In "New Order", Dr. Weir is still in charge of the SG-1 up until the very end where she relinquishes command to Brigadier General O'Neill.

Comment

A little over three months pass between "Lost City" and "Rising." We can assume that Daniel found the Atlantis Stargate adress somewhere in the Earth outpost.

Comment

O'neil couldnt have given Daniel the Atlantis address because O'Neil was in stasis until Thor beamed him up to get the info regarding the replicator gun. After that, the knowledge in his head was gone.

I think its safe to say that Daniel got the address from a database somewhere in the outpost. After-all, they did have a ZPM powering it, so any computer systems would be running.

Comment

Didn't Jack upload info to the SGC computer a second time when he had the head-sucky thing download?
              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
                Didn't Jack upload info to the SGC computer a second time when he had the head-sucky thing download?
                Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  A little over three months pass between "Lost City" and "Rising." We can assume that Daniel found the Atlantis Stargate adress somewhere in the Earth outpost.
                  I thought it was three months between 'Lost City' and 'New Order'. The length of time between 'New Order' and 'Rising' was never clearly stated, as far as I could figure out.

a time to mourn

Comment

That's why I said, "A little over three months..."

Comment

I'm gonna go rewatch those episodes. I can't get a Stargate fix on TV until wednsday, so i'll have to use DVD's to tide me over. I just miss the monday and friday marathons. Four or five episode runs are a good thing. Tastes great and is less filling.
                      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

My assumption was that from Cimeria when Sarah/Osiris was having him translate the tablet, and he could not decifer the bottom line, it was the ancient alphabet for the gate glyph names, once Oneil identified them, it presented the information that was needed.

Comment

Working...
                        X