No announcement yet.

Rogues (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing he means about the amount of conspiracy that was in X-Files. That was a large part of the show - from what I remember at least.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah, there's definitely no plans to make that a huge part of the show. It's just something that's going on back on Earth, which in a way is just a continuation from what's already started on SG-1; i.e. the Trust.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Rubit View Post
        Yeah, there's definitely no plans to make that a huge part of the show. It's just something that's going on back on Earth, which in a way is just a continuation from what's already started on SG-1; i.e. the Trust.
        Thats nice, I did like the episodes related to the Trust. I was just scared about it being taken to far.

Its a good setup for the season returning to the Circle of the ancients thing.
        [An alarm is sounding. Harriman checks his watch as he and Siler stand, facing Ba'al's hologram.]
        HARRIMAN
        I'm sure he'll be here any second now.
        [Ba'al is obviously impatient.]
        HARRIMAN
        So, um…

Take our ships, take our toys, take our awesome alien tech... I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take Stargate from me!

Special Thanks to Elles sence this is a ripof of her great sig.

Comment

A fairly (surprisingly) quiet episode to kick of season three, particularly after the big build up to the war.

The episode did however reestablish the main dramatic points, in some ways it felt like a refresher to get everything level and establish the foundations upon which the rest of the season will be built. It's certainly an interesting direction to take.

Fantastic to see the Circle back in play, it always kind of concerned me that it had jsut vanished after being built up to be of great importance in the pilot.

It was nice to see the subtle changes that have occured since the S2 finale. The new president for example. It feels like at any moment the Vorians could decide to through the Earth team off Horizon, or that the ISGC could abandon the Horizon Project too. The covert group too, Saunders is interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing him in action and finding out what exactly he did to get himself thrown out, and what exactly this group are up to.

The place where the Circle is being kept however confused me a little. Is it under Kih-Andari or Vorian control. I did read it very late at night so it's possible I missed the detailed explaination.

Overal a good start to the season
          I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
            The place where the Circle is being kept however confused me a little. Is it under Kih-Andari or Vorian control. I did read it very late at night so it's possible I missed the detailed explaination.
            IIRC, it was supposed to be left vague. I had no idea what was going on until later eps.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
            Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

They were Vorians who were sympathyzing with the rogue Kih'Andari, so bacially they're Kih'Andari, even though no one outside really knows -- except for Saunders' people who had found out about this.

We had always planned to bring back the Circle of the Ancients. Originally it was supposed to be featured at the beginning of Season Two, but that idea didn't end up working out.

And yeah, this is a surprisingly quiet start to the season. Quiet in a good way, as I like to believe. Basically it all start building up slowly towards what's coming up later on.

And I quite like how the episodes lets us re-introduce the characters, seeing what they've been up to during the last two months, very much like the Season Two opener did.

Comment

Jelgate’s Two Cents
                This was a slow episode compared to Revolution. My biggest compliant is not knowing what happened when Kir’Adhrai invaded?* the station.?* The little reference made by Callen is not good enough for me. I also thought that the plot story started out kind of slow.?* Now that my rant of anger is over, lets get to the positive aspect of the episode. I absolutely loved?* the part about showing David’s family life on Earth. Its no wonder that?* he chose to leave Horizon in the first?* place. When I saw the family being captured, my first thought was the Phoenix Coalition, obviously I was wrong. This nameless group reminds of the Trust. They act like vigilantes?* to protect Earth, just like The Trust. I wonder if there is a connection.?* We are spending a lot of resources trying to find this ancient book and with no success I might add. I am curious if this is going to be a theme for the whole season or just the first few episodes. Conelly being president, no good can come from that. Its no secret that he doesn’t approve the Stargate program and will do whatever to get rid of it . I just feel that he has a hidden agenda.?* But I am getting off topic. I am curious what this group is going to do with Grant know that the ISGC shuttle has been spotted. And finally we know see the return of the Circle of the Ancients. I am so curious on its influence. I love seeing the civil war in full swing in season three. I think it deserves to be in the background. The focus of this show is the Horizon space station not the Vorian people. 4/5
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I do quite enjoy this episode. One thing that is fantastic about the virtual series format is you can take your time and do things at the correct pace. Knowing how much you love arcs, this is beautifully paced to keep things moving. I also really enjoyed the focus on David's character, it was nice to see him in that family situation for the first time.

One thing that could do with changing, and is something Josh always said, is trimming down the scene action and not over-explaining it. You do have a tendancy to over-explain what the character maybe feeling when you could let his dialogue or the descriptions of his mannerisms/face tell us.

Other than, love it. I remember being really pleased at the return of the simple title page. I hated that Season 2 one.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    One thing that could do with changing, and is something Josh always said, is trimming down the scene action and not over-explaining it. You do have a tendancy to over-explain what the character maybe feeling when you could let his dialogue or the descriptions of his mannerisms/face tell us.
                    Yeah, that's actually something I've changed a lot, and I think you might notice that in the new episodes that will be coming out. Basically, since I've started also writing scripts that I'm intending to sell (which is really what had been keeping me busy all this time), I've sort of gotten used to cutting down on descriptions quite a lot, and what I've realized is, even for a virtual series, you don't really need to add that much more description than you would on any other script.

I've actually noticed the sometimes extensive use of description in previous episodes when re-reading them recently to refresh my memory and make sure we don't contradict anything we've established. So I completely agree with you there.

And glad you liked the episode, by the way.
                    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 11 April 2010, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X