X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor's Hammer Music

Dear one's,

I have watched Thor's Hammer, from Season One of SG1.
    And I heared very nice music while I was watching it, does anyone know where I can find that song?
    Thor's Hammer song only(when the main women is leading to Thor's Cave) not Stargate Theme... please help.
    That song also playes on Thor's Chariot. (when the main women comes behind the bushes it playes that song at the start of the Episode)
    I hope that im clear enough

Thanks

The only music from that episode that is commercially released is on the below CD.

The Best of Stargate SG-1 Season 1
    06 Suite from "Thor's Hammer"

I have this CD, it is fantastic.

Comment

What most people miss is that that very same song was also heard in "Pretense" (for reasons unknown).

Comment

I think it was also used in the beginning of Scorched Earth - or at least a variation of it.

Comment

i have a aqustion is there any way to get the music for the system lords downloaded or otherwise
          sigpic

Comment

If I recall correctly, the music is available to purchase from Itunes. This just doesn't include the SG1 soundtrack, but also Atlantis.

This is the only legal way to get the song you want other than walking into a store and trying to buy the CD.

sigpic

Comment

Wait, there's an SG-1 soundtrack, but only available through iTunes?!

(and an SGA soundtrack as well?! Or do you just mean the OST for "Rising"?)

Comment

Originally posted by dde View Post
                Dear one's,

I have watched Thor's Hammer, from Season One of SG1.
                And I heared very nice music while I was watching it, does anyone know where I can find that song?
                Thor's Hammer song only(when the main women is leading to Thor's Cave) not Stargate Theme... please help.
                That song also playes on Thor's Chariot. (when the main women comes behind the bushes it playes that song at the start of the Episode)
                I hope that im clear enough

Thanks
                Its awesome music. I use to listen to it for days. lol. The Nox music on the disk is awesome too.
                Christopher H.
                Stargate Atlantis Fan
                WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

Originally posted by buzlighty1 View Post
                  Its awesome music. I use to listen to it for days. lol. The Nox music on the disk is awesome too.
                  What disc? What CDs? AFAIK, there's no SG-1 soundtrack, at all.

But apparentely you can get one from iTunes.

Comment

I've received my CD's of Stargate SG-1 soundtrack.

example on amazon

This one is only featuring the pilot, Children of the Gods.

This one comprises themes from episodes of the 1st season.

I wish they would release soundtracks for the other seasons as well, because there have been some very nice tunes, like the theme that comes on the Fifth Race, and soft piano tune when Daniel ascends.
                    Let's do a petition!

Comment

Well if they are willing to re-release the movie OST with 8 extra minutes of audio, then they must be open to the idea of other Stargate music. Atlantis getting just the Rising OST just doesn't do the music of the series justice, and SG1's music and changed so much over these past 10 years that getting a new soundtrack just wouldn't be enough unless it was multiple discs or a collection.

sigpic

Comment

W00t! I had no idea any SG-1 OSTS existed!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          W00t! I had no idea any SG-1 OSTS existed!
                          me neither until i discovered them on amazon while searching for DVD's & Books and the soundtrack for the original movie.

By hearing again the Children of the Gods music, I realized that more excerpts were taken from the Movie. It's not only the SG1 opening title theme that was influenced, but other dramatical moments in the episode.

To whom could we send a petition to ask for the release of the soundtrack of the other remaining seasons??

Comment

Almost no TV shows get their original score released. Most TV show soundtracks merely list the licensed songs (like if a "Madonna" song was used in X show, it'll appear on the soundtrack).

In fact, I don't know of any TV shows with official releases of entire seasons of music. Only a few have released CDs with limited coverage, like single episodes or the pilots (like SG-1 and SGA).

However, Invader Zim's composer released a full soundtrack with almost everything the show had used and Christophe Beck's scores for Buffy the Vampire Slayer have leaked out somehow (either leaked or through some weird original soundtracks that are really hard to find).

Comment

It's true that's rare to find a CD with the original music from a series.

After investigating quickly on Amazon, (search the term "soundtrack tv" ) i only had 3 pages of results... when you know there are hundreds of series out there.. (unless Amazon doesn't sell them).

I don't know if this link will work since it's the result of my query:
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg_...ck%20tv&page=1

PS: i don't work for Amazon

Comment

Working...
                              X