Arrested Development Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrested Development Discussion/Appreciation

"Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together"

Who else love Arrested Development?!

Here's my story: PG15 had grew attached to the new show he had found on the Fox Network, which aired 4 new episodes every week. However, it seems that The Power that Be decided to cancel this gloriously-narrated show, and stop it from airing it ever again on television.

(1 year later) PG15 had remembered the show as being very funny, and decided to buy the entire series on DVD at his local BestBuy. For the next 4 days, he proceeded to watch the first two seasons back to back, which resulted in the bleeding of the eye and spliting of his sides.

(ok, obvious the last parts ain't true).

So yeah, isn't Arrested Development awesome?

I love this show! Especialy Tobias (he's just so weird Loved him with the Blue Man Group!). And Jobe (sp?). And Maybe. Heck, the entire cast rocked some socks, including the narrator!
    What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
    I made a big decision a little while ago.
    I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
    That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
    Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
    Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
    Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
    Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
    And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Oh yes, as they say on IMDB, Howard's voice just "worked".

And I love Gob and his "Final Countdown" performances (I actualy got hooked on that song thanks to the show), not to mention his Segway.

Comment

Oh, I like this show! I origionally started watching because Liza Minnelli was going to be on it, but I loved (!) it. She was Lucille Austero. So is it finished for good now? I think it's so awesome.

I loved how the Bluth family lawyer was played by Henry Winkler, then they had to get rid of him and towards the end it was played by Scott Biao. (HW was The Fonze and SB was Chachi on Happy Days (The show that made Ron Howard (the creator) famous))
        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

I love Arrested Development, I watch the episode that air on G4, I also own Season 3 (the Commentary for "MR F" was freaking awesome).

I heard that Tobias might appear on Scrubs this season.

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
          I loved how the Bluth family lawyer was played by Henry Winkler, then they had to get rid of him and towards the end it was played by Scott Biao. (HW was The Fonze and SB was Chachi on Happy Days (The show that made Ron Howard (the creator) famous))
          Scott Biao's characters name was Bob Loblaw, which is the greatest name in TV history.
          sigpic

Comment

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. So have a Ford.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
              Scott Biao's characters name was Bob Loblaw, which is the greatest name in TV history.
              Yeah, that's right. I agree. Totally the best name ever!
              sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
              "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well, I just finished watching the whole series, and...

I WANT MORE!!!!

Damn you Fox!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                  I heard that Tobias might appear on Scrubs this season.
                  I heard that too! I don't remember where though.
                  What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
                  I made a big decision a little while ago.
                  I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
                  That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
                  Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
                  Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
                  Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
                  Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
                  And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Well it was Fox. What can you do? I mean the cancelled Firefly after 14 episodes and they didn't even screen all of them.
                    sigpic

Comment

OMG there is a thread of AD here? how cool is that?!

So I just stumbled over taht series (my freidn said: watch it! and so I did :*bg* Ok also because Leonro Varela was in two episodes. Does anybody knwo why they gave her role to anoterh actress then?) and it's so cool, I will buy the DVDs (I am so happy I can get them here).

and Fox is the MASTER of chancelling good shows
                      Last edited by Orovingwen; 06 November 2006, 03:14 PM.
                      Don't Voyagernize Atlantis!
                      Which actors do you wanne see? Gatedoku Kavan Smith Secondary Atlantis Ladies Torri Connor Trineer Claudia Black McShep
                      If You Wanne Live, Don't Go To Atlantis, People Die There Like Flies!
                      "There are rules. Don't talk with your mouth full. Don't open an airlock when someone's inside. Don't lie about your genetic status." - Jack in Statistical Probabilities

Comment

OK, so is anyone watching season 4? I've watched it all and am a couple episodes into watching it again. The first time we watched it in order and now we're picking and choosing episodes to try to figure out the mystery. Here's my theory about what happened at Cinco: (and, seriously, don't look if you haven't watched yet or maybe even if you have, because if I'm right it's a really big spoiler):
                        Spoiler:
                        I think after talking with George Sr., Michael went off to meet Lucille 2 at the top of the stair car. She slapped him (giving him the cut on his cheek) and he left. As he was leaving, Sally came up the stairs to assist L2 with the campaign waving (L2 said she had some waving to do from up there for her campaign). Sally either on purpose or accidentally caused L2 to lose her balance and fall down the stairs. Michael helped Sally with hiding the body on the boat that Marky Bark and Tobias later blew up in the harbor (which inadvertently disposed of the body). Sally ran off (we can see a blond person run off behind George Sr. when he's wearing the red wig and looking at himself in the mirror and it can't be Lindsey because she's over leading the wall rally at the moment). Michael got blood on his blue shirt from carrying the body and went to the banana stand and switched shirts. Michael then went back to the house and was telling GOB he felt guilty about what he'd done that night and GOB forced a forget-me-now on him so Michael forgot the whole thing.

I'm not sure what Sally having alopecia has to do with it, though, except for that puts another wig in play. Also, it's possible L2 isn't actually dead and that was just a juice stain on the stairs.

There! I have to watch the whole thing again to make sure, but I think everything fits. I also think there will be a movie or another season centering around this mystery.
                        Last edited by Callista; 31 May 2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

SO apparently I guess people weren't watching Season 4 in 2013 at the time of the last post in this thread. I also assume others are not interested in the fact Season 5 went up on Netflix Tuesday. Well note to self: Arrested Development is not very popular in these forums.

Comment

Working...
                          X