Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK, Lost to be on sky S3 and S4

just heard on the radio SKY have signed the show for two years

channel 4 have said that they couldn't compete with sky given the way the ratings fell in S2

i have sky but this will suck for a lot of people

The good thing is, instead of having to wait until like July 07 for new eps on 4 we only have to wait till next month!

Comment

yes its okay for people who get sky but the people that don't we have to wait till it comes to dvd as they r not showing it on terrestrial tv
      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa... are you serious? New eps next month? Anyone got a link?

ETA: nevermind, found one. That's kind of good news, kind of bad news IMO.
        Last edited by Anubis69; 19 October 2006, 02:55 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

This is better for me, I generally watch Sky One more than Channel Four, even though C4 put it in a time I would watch, I just didn't seem to watch it, always waited for the DVDs, but with it being on Sky One, I think I will watch it, unless it conflicts with Torchwood, then i'll watch one of the numerous repeats on either Sky One or Sky Two.

Comment

I new this this mrning but the forum was being fixed so I couldnt post this thread
            here is a link just to prove this is all true

I cant wait. S3 in November Sky One is now my fave channel. Along with showing SG-1 Season 10 and SGA season 3 boy this winter is definatly gonna be fun
            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Wow, so they are scheduling it so that they will air episodes just a few days after they air on ABC in the US? Fair enough. Though it sounds risky, if theres any delays Sky One will have to mess up their schedules. Shame for anyone without Sky, maybe they will air it on Sky Three, which you can get on Freeview.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I take it their idea is that with the short time from the US briadcast to here, folk won't download the episodes and they'll watch them "live" instead? Perhaps that's where they think the 2m viewers went from channel 4 went rather than so many people getting bored of few answers and neverending questions. (That happened to nearly all of my friends who watched S1. Fortunately not me, i didn't miss that season finale. FOOLS!)

Comment

Last season i was one of the few who didjnt download which was annoying becuase Channel 4 was so far behind it was rediculous. However since Sky has the rights to air lost now i think its safe to say that there wont be such a big episode difference they had last season. And the break is ideal for sky since when they have the break after episode 6 over here it will be time anyway for all the christmas stuff.
                  Well doen Sky
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I've just read in the ever dependable What's On TV that Lost won't be starting on Sky 1 until early 2007

Comment

Originally posted by SGC General Griff View Post
                      I've just read in the ever dependable What's On TV that Lost won't be starting on Sky 1 until early 2007
                      Don't the adverts on Sky One say it starts next month?

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                        Yeah, apparantly it's also starting on the 19th, which is a Sunday! No more Lost Tuesdays!

Comment

It's great for those who have Sky One, but not so great for those without it, and even better for the even luckier to have a HD set-top box, too, they'll get the full Lost experience come November.

Still, with the rate the third season has been going, I'm not too sure if Sky will get a successful viewer base, either. As for airing on Sky Three on Freeview, if they do actually do that, it won't be for a year or two anyway.
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                            I was being sarcastic as that magazine is always making mistakes

Comment

Oh well, Channel 4 has just 'Lost' another viewer who hasn't got Sky and was relying on Channel 4 to air new episodes. They're basically shooting themselves in the foot. Those viewers C4 did have for Lost, will now either download episodes or switch over to Sky One on Sundays, losing more viewers in the process. Nevermind. I have other means of watching new episodes.
                              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Working...
                              X