Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, I mean between Corin Nemec and everyone else involved in the show.

I've only seen till the end of season six....I know Jonas pops up again somewhere but I don't know in what respect and don't WANT to know till the season 7 DVD set comes out in October.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I see! I'm sure you'll have a seperate opinion like everyon else does as it is interesting to see how the situation is dealt with.
      __

__

Comment

in an interview at the time in english mag SFX mr shanks made it very apparent that he was all but musculed out by RDA due to jelously over his popularity

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
          So...what about Corin Nemec? Must've kinda sucked for the guy to get hired on as a starring character only to leave at the end of the season.

Was there some bad blood there or what?
          I thought the actor only signed on for a season? Don't they usually do that when they bring in a new character, then have them sign a longer contract when they sign on for a 2nd season?

Comment

Originally posted by timeslip
            in an interview at the time in english mag SFX mr shanks made it very apparent that he was all but musculed out by RDA due to jelously over his popularity
            Are you sure? That version of Why He Left is one I've never heard before from any official source or interview, only from the odd nutty conspiracy theorist. MS and RDA have nothing but the highest praise for each other - and that seems genuine, to me.

Given the furore that was raised by some fans when MS said in an interview done during early s6 how great AT and CJ were - 'Why has he left out RDA? It's a dig at RDA! How dare he!' I'm pretty sure that if MS had accused RDA of pushing him out there would have been a noise so big it would have carried on reverberating for, like, *ever*

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
              I thought the actor [Corin Nemec] only signed on for a season? Don't they usually do that when they bring in a new character, then have them sign a longer contract when they sign on for a 2nd season?
              You're right I think; they had thought that s6 would be the last, so I expect he'd have only had a one-year contract. Although I seem to remember that MGM extended his contract anyway and found another project for him. If I'm wrong someone will soon be along to tell me so
              Last edited by Madeleine; 04 September 2004, 08:33 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                You're right I think; they had thought that s6 would be the last, so I expect he'd have only had a one-year contract. Although I seem to remember that MGM extended his contract anyway and found another project for him. If I'm wrong someone will soon be along to tell me so

I believe that he had a extended contact with MGM but he ended it with Stargate. But then, returned back to the show for another, seventh season.
                __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                  I believe that he had a extended contact with MGM but he ended it with Stargate. But then, returned back to the show for another, seventh season.
                  True, but only for 3 episodes. An chance he'll be back for Season 8?

Comment

Originally posted by VBach37
                    Why did Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) Leave SG1 during season 6, only for it to be decided early on in the season that he would return for season 7?
                    Because he got a big head, thought he was better than everyone else so went to have a glorious film career. He got a quick wake-up call when he ended up making a movie in South Africa with the guy who played Jonny Rico in Star Ship Troopers. He came back to Stargate pretty quick after that.

That and he was pretty young when the show started, so it's only reasonable that he might want to do other things for a while or to avoid getting burnt out.

BYE
                    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Can we remember the forum rule about treating show folk and other posters with respect?

In the end, only MS and Brad and Michael know the 'real' reason why he left....ooh, and the fly that was on the wall during the meeting.

And since none of them are talking......all anyone can do is speculate and guess.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        Can we remember the forum rule about treating show folk and other posters with respect?
                        Daniel is my fav character. I think Shanks is a terrific actor. <mod snip>

BYE
                        Last edited by David; 19 September 2004, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I think, IMO, MS left because the threads that gave him something to do had all run their course. His wife was dead and the child gone with Oma Desala, and he was getting bored with the role.
                          Mind you, when you count up how many appearences and Thor voice-overs he did, he wasn't really away that much.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                            Mind you, when you count up how many appearences and Thor voice-overs he did, he wasn't really away that much.
                            Yeah. 3 parts as DJ and 3 VOs as Thor. So Shanks, the actor, was in Season 6 quite a bit.

BYE

Comment

Working...
                            X