This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a show

I just recently recalled a fantasy show that ran in the 90s on basic broadcast as a miniseries I think. I don't remember the name or who was in it. What I do remember is a big guy in a robe with a fish head and a blood red ocean that sings or cries. Does anyone else remember this?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Sounds like a bad dream to me.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
      Sounds like a bad dream to me.
      I'll admit it was extremely strange but I don't think even I could have made this one up... Justin Timberlake doing the chicken dance yes, singing oceans and fat fish headed people...not so much.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
        I just recently recalled a fantasy show that ran in the 90s on basic broadcast as a miniseries I think. I don't remember the name or who was in it. What I do remember is a big guy in a robe with a fish head and a blood red ocean that sings or cries. Does anyone else remember this?
        I don't ever remember a show like that on TV. Can you remember what year it was on? Or any actor in the show?

Comment

I've had another spark of memory and solved the problem. I remembered an actor, CCH Pounder. The movie is White Dwarf. I can finally put to rest what's been bugging me for the past three days.

In a distant future New York medical student Driscoll Rampart accomplishes his internship at Rusta, a rural planet that doesn't revolve around its axis and therefore is divided into contrasting halves of eternal day vs. eternal night. One is a Victorian-styled colony, the other a medieval kingdom. Both leave Rampart in a state of constant wonder, as he finds his way among humans and aliens, strange dreams and even stranger reality, a dark keep and a red sea, and more universal matters of war and peace, good and bad, love and hate and sickness and health.
          Aol has a small pic: http://movies.aol.com/movie/white-dw...10835/synopsis

Comment

Working...
          X