Second Lieutenant

Default Heliopolis = Nox Architecture?

Does anyone else think that the buildings of Heliopolis resembled the Nox flying city? It's obvious the building is not Asgard or Ancient architecture and those domes that sort of look like squished versions of the famous domes in Moscow were on both buildings. Anyone have screen shots of both buildings to compare?

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

Default Re: Heliopolis = Nox Architecture?

the only thing in that whole semtence i understood was nox

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin's_Legacy View Post
    Does anyone else think that the buildings of Heliopolis resembled the Nox flying city? It's obvious the building is not Asgard or Ancient architecture and those domes that sort of look like squished versions of the famous domes in Moscow were on both buildings. Anyone have screen shots of both buildings to compare?
    Forgive my ignorance, but whachou talkin bout Willis? What is Heliopolis?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Second Lieutenant

Heliopolis is the world from the episode "Torment of Tantalus" where the we first found out about the ancient alliance.

Chief Master Sergeant SerpentGuard's Avatar

The interior is sort of a cross between Ancient and asgard, the gate room looks ancient (similar resemblance to atlantis, and that place where the 1st repository of knowledge was), the other rooms look asgard.

The exterior is probably a mix of Furling and Nox Architecture.

u can look up the images of this episode at this url:
    http://www.stargatecaps.com

This is one of the best SG1 episodes in my opinion.

Arrow Re: Heliopolis = Nox Architecture?

Heliopolis citadel
    http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s1/110/1x11%5F196.jpg

Nox City
    http://freeweb.dnet.it/stargate/nox-city.jpg
    *mod note: this last image had a "don't hotlink" note instead of the image - don't hotlink without permission from the host, otherwise you can end up with some seriously gross images in place of the one you think which is NO fun at ALL to have to come in and remove ......*
    Last edited by kiwigater; October 14th, 2006 at 02:18 AM. Reason: image too large, also hotlinking image

Boldly Going Where No One Has Gone Before

i guess it does have certain similarities, and i guess it was the meeting place so it could be there own design, but who knows, ask the writers

TO THE WRITERMOBILE
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Lieutenant Colonel Mister Oragahn's Avatar

If it was true, which it can, it would not matter much. There are similarities, but how this could be surprising?
    Nox were part of the Alliance.

It could be that since it was the meeting place of the Four Races, that they each contributed to the architecture to make the place "comfort" when they had their meetings. Something along the lines of that. That maybe why bits and pieces of Ancient, Nox, and Furling architecture can be seen.

: Green is Good.
    I NEED MORE POWER!!!

I've always thought that they built that building in a really stupid place. I know that it was built thousands of years ago and that it probably was a good ways away from the cliff when it was built, but these four advanced races should have forseen the fact that it was eventually going to erode away. Seems like the middle of a plains area would have been a better place for it.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Arrow Re: Heliopolis = Nox Architecture?

Maybe they wanted to go to the beach right after a UN-style convention?

Quote Originally Posted by Peoples_General View Post
    Maybe they wanted to go to the beach right after a UN-style convention?
    Hey you guys wanna go to the beach?
    Sure!
    OK it's right through that door.
    Cool let's goaaagggghhhh (as they fall 100 feet straight down.)

Thumbs up Re: Heliopolis = Nox Architecture?

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982 View Post
    Hey you guys wanna go to the beach?
    Sure!
    OK it's right through that door.
    Cool let's goaaagggghhhh (as they fall 100 feet straight down.)
    I doubt that cliff was there thousands of years ago when the 4 Great Races built it.

Hmm... Ayiana or Chaya/Athar in a beach outfit..... Here is Thor's reaction when seeing Ancient babes...

Quote Originally Posted by Peoples_General View Post
    I doubt that cliff was there thousands of years ago when the 4 Great Races built it.

Hmm... Ayiana or Chaya/Athar in a beach outfit..... Here is Thor's reaction when seeing Ancient babes...
    Oh it was there, just not that close, but still the four great races weren't aware of erosion?

I posted pictures on the episode thread : http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...87#post5902887
    because it seems the Nox image is blocked on the post above...

If the Nox built it, they didn't see any problem with the cliff, because they can make cities FLY !!!

Smile Re: Heliopolis = Nox Architecture?

Quote Originally Posted by jds1982 View Post
    Oh it was there, just not that close, but still the four great races weren't aware of erosion?
    I'm quite sure they were aware of it, but at the time, they probably thought that they'd still be hanging around for many more thousands of years than they did. A consistent habitation of the place would've allowed for continuous maintenance, upgrades, and alterations to the place as needs arose. Since it was abandoned, it was doomed to crumble eventually no matter where or how it was built. That is just a fact of life. Dead things decay. Including buildings no longer inhabited. It would be like if all the blood cells and such left your body. It would no longer get repaired and maintained, no matter where it is.

Continents move, ground levels shift, rivers alter their course, seashores change shape, sea levels rise and fall... no building without constant maintenance will survive that given enough time.
    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Boldly Going Where No One Has Gone Before

Quote Originally Posted by Seastallion View Post
    I'm quite sure they were aware of it, but at the time, they probably thought that they'd still be hanging around for many more thousands of years than they did. A consistent habitation of the place would've allowed for continuous maintenance, upgrades, and alterations to the place as needs arose. Since it was abandoned, it was doomed to crumble eventually no matter where or how it was built. That is just a fact of life. Dead things decay. Including buildings no longer inhabited. It would be like if all the blood cells and such left your body. It would no longer get repaired and maintained, no matter where it is.

Continents move, ground levels shift, rivers alter their course, seashores change shape, sea levels rise and fall... no building without constant maintenance will survive that given enough time.
    Couldnt of put it better myself (well i could but...yeah lol), yeah basically thats the answer
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Quote Originally Posted by Seastallion View Post

Oh, I know all that, I was just joking. Hell there are people in California who build their houses on cliffs, even though they know it's eroding away.