Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Who will leave atlantis.... Possible major spoilers

Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Caldwell at the helm, but doesn't necessarily need to be him. The biggest mistake in Season 1 TPTB did was kill off Robert Patrick (Colonel Sumner). Hell, I would have liked to see Colonel Everett take over!

Spoiler:
    Well, I'd hate to see the Daedalus get blown up with Caldwell in First Strike. But we know one of the ships is going bye-bye with Earth's track record of only allowing one ship per show and TPTB having fetish of watching our ships explode.

Quote Originally Posted by ColCaldwell View Post
    Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Caldwell at the helm, but doesn't necessarily need to be him. The biggest mistake in Season 1 TPTB did was kill off Robert Patrick (Colonel Sumner). Hell, I would have liked to see Colonel Everett take over!
    me too

I'm 99 percent sure that in the dumbest decision ever made, it'll be Carson and Elizabeth who go. If they do, it's like a sign that tptb are setting this show up for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa View Post
    I'm 99 percent sure that in the dumbest decision ever made, it'll be Carson and Elizabeth who go. If they do, it's like a sign that tptb are setting this show up for failure.

I don't believe either of them will go, and I know for a fact Teyla isn't going, as I read in Cult TV or TV Zone
    Spoiler:
    that TPTB have a mini series arc planned for her in season 4.
    I stick with my original assertion. IF anyone is to be killed off, and we don't know anyone will be, that it will be either Caldwell or Lorne. Neither of which I'd personally cry too much over losing, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ColCaldwell View Post
    I disagree. Sumner was a little two dimensional for me, as was Everett. He was also a by the book man, as again was Everett, neither of which make for good qualities for an exciting leading man, in my opinion. Neither were charismatic characters, and I think the audience may have soon bored with either of them in the lead role.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssa View Post
    You've already heard this from me and multiple other people on LiveJournal I'm sure, but if they drop Elizabeth then I'll stop watching the show altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
    I don't believe either of them will go, and I know for a fact Teyla isn't going, as I read in Cult TV or TV Zone
    Spoiler:
    that TPTB have a mini series arc planned for her in season 4.
    I stick with my original assertion. IF anyone is to be killed off, and we don't know anyone will be, that it will be either Caldwell or Lorne. Neither of which I'd personally cry too much over losing, to be honest.
    Losing Beckett and Weir would be catastrophic - two very well liked characters. I love Carson and since I'm already a bit "iffy" on this show, losing these two would push me over the edge. If anyone had to go, I'd rather see Teyla as I don't see how losing her would even cause a ripple. she sorta stands around doing nothing most of the time as it is. Just my take on the situation.

Since SG1 now has the okay for two movies, are TPTB still talking about moving some of the SG1 characters to SGA? That talk seems to have died out recently.

Has anyone heard anything more on the Jewel Staite rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by GateLadyM View Post
    Yes, but I promised not to talk about it on GW (though nobody said anything about LJ). Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by GateLadyM
    Unfortunately yes, that rumor is gaining strenght, I think it would be really dumb to get rid of one of our characters to bring in left overs from failed t.v shows. I don't care about this supposed cult for Firefly, I hated that t.v show, and I hope this JS rumor is nothing but a practical joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Luz View Post
    Unfortunately yes, that rumor is gaining strenght, I think it would be really dumb to get rid of one of our characters to bring in left overs from failed t.v shows. I don't care about this supposed cult for Firefly, I hated that t.v show, and I hope this JS rumor is nothing but a practical joke.
    But, surely, even if her role is certain, how do we know it's a regular role, and not just a small recurring part or a guest spot? After all, there's room for more than one doctor on Atlantis, even if it is a medical doctor. I just don't understand where people are getting the idea that Carson is leaving from. And as for Elizabeth. Why on Earth would anyone get the idea she's going? There is absolutely no evidence for any of this speculation. I really think this is all like Chinese whispers!

Quote Originally Posted by GateLadyM View Post
    Losing Beckett and Weir would be catastrophic - two very well liked characters. I love Carson and since I'm already a bit "iffy" on this show, losing these two would push me over the edge. If anyone had to go, I'd rather see Teyla as I don't see how losing her would even cause a ripple. she sorta stands around doing nothing most of the time as it is. Just my take on the situation.
    Well, though Teyla isn't my favourite character, I'd hardly say she stands around doing nothing most of the time. She's part of SGA's prime team, and though she's not had loads of important stuff to do so far in season 3, perhaps, we have only seen the first half of the season!
    I think she's important to the team dynamic, and I wouldn't like to see any members of that team of four going, as it would change the whole dynamic of the show.
    I don't see Beckett and Weir as being as important as the team is to the show over all, but I wouldn't want to see either of them go either. I really like the show as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Linzi
    But, surely, even if her role is certain, how do we know it's a regular role, and not just a small recurring part or a guest spot? After all, there's room for more than one doctor on Atlantis, even if it is a medical doctor. I just don't understand where people are getting the idea that Carson is leaving from. And as for Elizabeth. Why on Earth would anyone get the idea she's going? There is absolutely no evidence for any of this speculation. I really think this is all like Chinese whispers!
    I think it all started with an interview with Torri where she said that something would happen that would cause an uproar, and then PM said at a con that some people's contracts were up in the air, and then someone's boyfriend second cousin once removed (okay, okay, I think it was someone's boyfriend) said boyfriend worked as an extra on some episode of SGA and they'd had to stand in at a funeral, and the flag over the casket looked like that of Carson (blue with the cross thingy). And then the rumors about JS began, and those refuse to go away, so, it's like one thing over the other.
    I'm still waiting because before the season started there were a number of ridiculous rumors that were sunk one by one, so I'm hoping this is the case too.
    Last edited by Luz; October 17th, 2006 at 09:59 AM.

I'm with you on this, Linzi. The who's leaving rumor mill seems to be getting out of control. I can understand the concern about Carson's status because of the JS speculation and the fact that he wasn't in all the Season 3 episodes, but what's the basis for this Elizabeth rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Linzi View Post
    As far as Carson's leaving is concerned, I don't think you've been paying attention. I'm going to go out on a limb here and hope my friend will forgive me, but y'all are getting on my nerves.

Sure, it was an extra who started the rumour, but Jewel herself has said that she will be replacing Paul as a regular - she said she called him when she was hired to glee about working with him again and he was like, "well... actually..."

So. As far as the rumour about Torri/Elizabeth is concerned... I hope it isn't true, but there is a very sick feeling hitting me that it may well be, for several reasons.

Don't know as I'm shrill and ill-informed

Quote Originally Posted by maxbo View Post
    . . .what's the basis for this Elizabeth rumor?
    I've heard on the grapevine that there is something on a MySpace page but I can't direct you there because, well, haven't seen it myself.

Time will tell.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/joesmom1/Kitty.bmp

When all else fails, change channels.

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    I've heard on the grapevine that there is something on a MySpace page but I can't direct you there because, well, haven't seen it myself.

Time will tell.
    Mmm. Something her brother said on her MySpace, IIRC. But MySpace crashes my PC, so I'm not going over there.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Luz View Post
    I think it all started with an interview with Torri where she said that something would happen that would cause an uproar, and then PM said at a con that some people's contracts were up in the air, and then someone's boyfriend second cousin once removed (okay, okay, I think it was someone's boyfriend) said boyfriend worked as an extra on some episode of SGA and they'd had to stand in at a funeral, and the flag over the casket looked like that of Carson (blue with the cross thingy). And then the rumors about JS began, and those refuse to go away, so, it's like one thing over the other.
    I'm still waiting because before the season started there were a number of ridiculous rumors that were sunk one by one, so I'm hoping this is the case too.
    I hope that happens too! The funeral thing has pretty much been discounted though, hasn't it? As we know Carson appears in later episodes than the one where the supposed coffin with a blue cross on it appears. It's all really confusing. But I'll believe Carson is going when I actually see it, Lol. Not that I want to see it, I don't!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxbo
    I'm with you on this, Linzi. The who's leaving rumor mill seems to be getting out of control. I can understand the concern about Carson's status because of the JS speculation and the fact that he wasn't in all the Season 3 episodes, but what's the basis for this Elizabeth rumor?
    I think the Weir rumors started with this interview with Torri

Spoiler:
    Torri: I am so tempted to tell you things that I shouldn’t. I’m a tell all or tell nothing girl. Something crazy happens second half of season three, that it will blow people’s minds. It is so crazy and so unexpected, and there will be uproar and the internet will be on fire. Weir goes on a date this season! My dog is in this season again, and it makes me very happy. I’m working on having her as a regular.

And then the reports of what Paul said at a con and what JS said at a con about being offered a role as a doctor (and people were supposedly excited *gag*), what worries me is that I've read this account on LJs and at GW, and it keeps coming back, and then stories on magazines (thank god the one about Ba'al was debunked).

Quote Originally Posted by Trialia View Post
    As far as Carson's leaving is concerned, I don't think you've been paying attention. I'm going to go out on a limb here and hope my friend will forgive me, but y'all are getting on my nerves.

Sure, it was an extra who started the rumour, but Jewel herself has said that she will be replacing Paul as a regular - she said she called him when she was hired to glee about working with him again and he was like, "well... actually..."

So. As far as the rumour about Torri/Elizabeth is concerned... I hope it isn't true, but there is a very sick feeling hitting me that it may well be, for several reasons.
    Well, forgive me for getting on your nerves
    Seriously though, how exactly do we know Jewel said this? What concrete proof is there? How do we know she phoned Paul and he said he's leaving? Forgive me for being sceptical, but there are so many rumours abounding, I just don't believe anything at the moment. Not until it's written by an actor or TPTB in black and white, or I see it on the show.
    I personally would hate to see Carson leave, and I really do hope this is all gossip or misinformation.