Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With regards to my fic, it's going to Jackfic first and then anywhere that'll take it.
    Honk if you love cheese

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
      If you are an author what fic are you proudest of? And why?
      I'll go with MC's comment to start with. I am very proud of Afterwards. It was my first fic. An Abyss follow-up that tried to address some of Jack's issues with himself and with Sam after the horrors in Ba'al's cell. It's not my best by any stretch and sometimes I cringe when I read it, but I will leave it up on my site despite that feeling.

Go Towards the Light was the longest thing I have ever conceived and completed. It needs work and I tweak it periodically but I think it's a solid novel length story. I had great fun including characters like Jonas and Kinsey and I was a bit disappointed that the series chose to drop one character and go a slightly different direction with the other. Consequently GTL is an AU. Either way I am proud of the story and what I learned while writing it has proven invaluable as I continue to pursue publication in this or other genres.

My stories can be found here http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar1970

Good question Sparki and HONK!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LeeLee
        I'm most proud of my first fic, a novella focusing on Jack. I desperately wanted to see some character development of Jack after so little in S4-7 that I took matters into my own hands.

It's called "I Am a Rock, I Am an Island"
        Sounds like something I would really enjoy. I've booked marked the address, thanks for shariing!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
          If you are an author what fic are you proudest of? And why?
          Hmm. Well, there's probably several different answers, depending on what I judge by. Pardon the links, but here goes.

Narrative structure

Definitely the Aesirhaettir. A series of five fics which were written all in a oner. This was my first purpose-built series and probably still the one I like the best.

Character

My favourite (canon) character work is probably another series; First Life. My epic exploration of Teal'c's past, which is pretty solid considering I mainly wrote it because I was angry at the character - if you understand what I mean by that - over the Shan'auc incident. I mean, I get he and Drey'auc were separated, but he wasn't going to let that stop him smacking Fro'tac. Unadressed hypocracy just grates I guess.

I suppose I really liked writing this one because Teal'c's early life gave me an opportunity to write lots of lovely tragedy and pain.

Overall

And finally, I think my all-time proudest achievement in fanfic is probably Happy Birthday. Okay, so Teal'c is the only major character who doesn't spend at least half the story in a coma, and it isn't as big a story as some, but something about it still makes me proud.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

...The majority of my fics are S&J ship fics so...

I guess the one I'm most proud of is 'Infatuation'. I'll admit I hated writing every minute of it after the first couple of chapters. It went in a direction I didn't want it to go in and I didn't want to write about. So I suppose I'm proud of it because I managed to complete it. I put my friends at college through hell (most of them watch SG-1) by sitting there muttering and cursing myself for even thinking such a thing. Maybe I'm over-sensitive. But it was worth it in the end. I hope.

Otherwise, I'm most proud of a one-shot called 'Ai Dake, Kimi Dake' (only love, only you). I think I hit a note there that I dont usually, and instead of going for all out ship, I think it kept to the canon semi-well.

Having said that, people might think that neither of those are any good.
            Last edited by Angel_Leviathan; 03 May 2004, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Not sure if "proud" is the right word, but my faves of the fics I've written are Storytime and Love's Philosophy. They both have special meaning for me, and I wrote them because they were fics I wanted to READ. I do read them, too, whenever I need a pick-me-up.

I'm also quite pleased with The Chase, as I was trying out a different form of writing than I usually do, and I feel as though it didn't suck too badly, LOL!

Comment

Actually, the story I'm most proud of is a Trek piece I wrote years ago back in the eighties. It was a short behind the scenes piece that revolved around Scotty ...and Uhura. One of the best pieces I had written. This was before the movies and I was tickled to see a hint of it pop up in one of the films.
                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                which the intellect scorns."
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

The story I'm most proud of, Stargate related, would be my 'Expectations'. It was my second attempt at a Stargate fanfic, and I quite like it. Another I like would be by 'Missed Opportunities' as it was just a piece of fun with Jack and Daniel.

Stargate-Universe.co.uk

Comment

Well, I just found this website the day before yesterday, and I just really started watching Stargate SG-1 as of the middle of April (yes, I do mean just under a month ago.)

My roommate and I bought all six seasons on DVD during the last part of April, and managed to borrow all of Season 7 from a friend during the first week of May, so we have seen the whole show, but we did it in under a month. *whew*

Needless to say, I haven't had much time to be writing Stargate fics, but I have started one that I think is going pretty well.

The fic I'm proudest of, however, is set in the world of Masters of the Universe. (Yes, I do mean He-Man). It's the third book of a trilogy, and it's called Elemental Needs. I take my (I mean other people's) characters through hell and back. I haven't posted it anywhere yet, because I'm only about halfway through posting the second book in the trilogy, so the only one who's read it at this point is my faithful beta reader (aka, my roommate) who sits beside me and prods me to write more.

Right now she keeps asking me to write more Daniel, so I think I'd better run away and do that.
                    Fred is a blind stoat.

There is no future in the past, so forget this tomorrow.

One-third of the Triumverate of Evil.
                    One-half of Obvious Kidnapers, Ink
                    Founding member of the 60-inch Club
                    Founding Member of the CHICKS OF FANFIC.

Comment

Working...
                    X