Christie's Star Trek Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christie's Star Trek Auction

Christie's Official Star Trek Auction has begun and will be going into its final day today. The auction, which puts 1,000s of Star Trek props, costumes and pieces of furniture from Paramount, under the hammer, has already sky-rocketed above its sale estimate. From MSN:

A massive sale of Star Trek memorabilia has already made more than double what experts had hoped for - just half way through the three-day extravaganza.

The auction of more than 1,000 original items, including costumes, props and furniture, had raised 2.3 million dollars (£1.2 million) by lunchtime on its second day.

The top bid so far was for the main miniature Starship Voyager used in filming, which went for 132,000 dollars - more than 13 times its low estimate.

Up to 400 eager bidders, some sporting Vulcan ears, packed the salesroom at Christie's in New York at peak times.

Hundreds of bids - many more than usual - had also been made via the internet.

The vacuum-formed plastic and cast resin Starship Voyager model, which measures 61in by 24in, had only been expected to go for between 10,000 and 15,000 dollars.

The original estimate for the whole sale was just a million dollars.

It will end at around 8pm on Saturday in New York - the early hours of Sunday morning in the UK.

The lots come from the archive of CBS Paramount Television and are being sold in celebration of the cult show's 40th anniversary.
    //

O'Neill: Phasers?
    Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Sigh...I would have loved to get that Voyager model......

Comment

You'd probably need to take out a second mortgage HirogenGater.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
        You'd probably need to take out a second mortgage HirogenGater.
        Yeah really. I even if I had a really high paying job I would still have to convince the wife to let me get that

Comment

I would have too. I looked through some of the items on auction and the only ones I could even think of possibly affording wouldn't really worth the money in my eyes. Oh to be rich and a Star Trek fan - the perfect combination!
          //

O'Neill: Phasers?
          Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

They auctioned off the Voyager shooting model?

IDIOTS!!!!

I had sincerely hoped that the Voyager shooting model would be preserved much like the original Enterprise shooting model. I wonder how long before it winds up almost destroyed like the Enterprise-D six-foot shooting model did.

Comment

I wonder how much Picard's flute from "The Inner Light" went for.....that would be my dream piece of Trek.

Comment

I read about this earlier. You'll never believe this; the hammer went down at $40000! The starting bid was $13000. The original estimate for Picard's flute was only $800 - $1200. It wasn't just the flute that more than doubled in price, every item sold far exceeded its estimated value.

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                  I read about this earlier. You'll never believe this; the hammer went down at $40000! The starting bid was $13000. The original estimate for Picard's flute was only $800 - $1200. It wasn't just the flute that more than doubled in price, every item sold far exceeded its estimated value.
                  OMG..... $40 000 Is this AMERICAN $$$? Cause if it is....wow, that's a fortune, even in CDN it would be, but, wow.....I guess asking for it for christmas was out of the question after all.....

Comment

Yep it must be US Dollars. I was totally amazed at the prices of some of the items, the Enterprise D model used for effects shots sold for $576,000 (after fees). The final tally was over $7,100,000! That should help pay Shatner's catering bill for the new movie.

Comment

Working...
                    X