This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
    could we just improve the rail gun system, like make it have a faster propulsion system (sp?)
    what propulsion system?
    a rail gun uses 2 rail with the bullet in the middle
    when you put highvoltage on the rail the current that then flow true the rail into the bullet and then in the other rail propels the bullet
    the only way to make it more powerfull is to increase the lenght and/or increase the voltage

and for larger shell's your better of with coil guns any way

Comment

yes but it does give you a greater unstanding of the universe and also give those that accended far longer to go over idears since they dont age anymore

And even if it doesnt give you any extra understanding

the ancients are still millions of years old so all their tech should be out of our reach unless we find something that says

this is how it works how its build etc ie [the database] that wont have merlins device in

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post
        yes but it does give you a greater unstanding of the universe and also give those that accended far longer to go over idears since they dont age anymore

And even if it doesnt give you any extra understanding

the ancients are still millions of years old so all their tech should be out of our reach unless we find something that says

this is how it works how its build etc ie [the database] that wont have merlins device in
        I agree. However we do have the database on Atlantis as well as an Asgard database that is designed specifically to say "This is how it works heres how you build it etc".
        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Whats wrong with the rail guns? Everyone has this idea that they do the damage of like a high powered machine gun. They fire bullets at such a fast speed that without explosives in the bullet; with the kinetic energy of its speed alone would severely damage any Naval warship form our time! And you have to consider that they can do that much damage using the tech we actually have now that means no trinium, or naquada power. So... imagine shooting out a couple thousand rounds of explosive with the power of very powerful artillery shells. They just look weak cause we are firing them at very large spaceships, and the visual effects guys do a good job with scaling.

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
            I don't really think we should put Goa'uld weapons on any of our DSC 304's. I think that we should take the whole Ha'taks from the Goa'uld. (if they are any system lords left that is)
            Our fleet only has 3 ships. 1 or 2 Ha'taks will look cool in our fleet. i know, i know, no beaming tech or intergalatic hyperdrives but if you ask me a ships a ships. Just use them as scout ships just case.
            If not Ha'taks, Al'kesh. Cloak, bombs, hyperdrive.
            Baal was able to integrate beaming into his Hat'aks, so if erth was able to comindeer some Goa'uld vessels of their own and integrate the tech they have on all of their other ships. The upgrades would prove most valuable in earths favor.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              No, no, excuse me, but if it were a reverse-engineered copy of Arthur's Mantle, Sam wouldn't have had such a problem with Cam destroying it in LITS, would she? In TRNT she used that universes version of Arthur's Mantle, so no reverse engineering there. As for what she was working on in the beginning of the episode, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure it was still Arthur's Mantle.
              In "Unending"
              Spoiler:
              she was making a new "Merlin's Phase Device" and she succeeded, but she couldn't actually take the ship out of phase before the Ori beam destroy the ship. There was like a very small fraction of a second before the beam destroyed the ship so they couldn't take it out of phase in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                I agree. However we do have the database on Atlantis as well as an Asgard database that is designed specifically to say "This is how it works heres how you build it etc".

yep and I did actually add we have a database

but merlins device shouldnt be in their since it was created after he accended and then deaccended with all the knowledge/abilities he gained

Comment

IMO, I don't think it is in the Ancient database, but Carter has had Arthur's Mantle long enough to figure out how it works. But with Ancient tech there is a difference between knowing how it works and actually building one. And as smart as Carter is, Merlin's device was made with knowledge he got when he was ascended which I believe is just a little bit more than she can understand.

: Green is Good.
                  sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                    In "Unending"
                    Spoiler:
                    she was making a new "Merlin's Phase Device" and she succeeded, but she couldn't actually take the ship out of phase before the Ori beam destroy the ship. There was like a very small fraction of a second before the beam destroyed the ship so they couldn't take it out of phase in time.
                    I'm not really sure if your post was supporting mine or was a rebuttal to it.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      I'm not really sure if your post was supporting mine or was a rebuttal to it.
                      It sounds like they are agreeing with you, but jsut saying that Carter did build one, just didn't have enough time to enable it.

: Green is Good.
                      sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                        It sounds like they are agreeing with you, but jsut saying that Carter did build one, just didn't have enough time to enable it.
                        Indeed. She built a Merlin's Device (she used the Asgard knowledge to be able to build one, in "Line in the Sand" they only had the one device, so she couldn't destroy it. This proves the Asgard knowledge could build a new one, or a bunch of them which could come in handy) but she couldn't take the ship out of phase before the Ori beam killed them. Remember the device has the bright white flash then goes out of phase? Well that takes a certain amount of time and they couldn't do it. Just watch "Unending" again and pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                          Indeed. She built a Merlin's Device (she used the Asgard knowledge to be able to build one, in "Line in the Sand" they only had the one device, so she couldn't destroy it. This proves the Asgard knowledge could build a new one, or a bunch of them which could come in handy) but she couldn't take the ship out of phase before the Ori beam killed them. Remember the device has the bright white flash then goes out of phase? Well that takes a certain amount of time and they couldn't do it. Just watch "Unending" again and pay attention.

Wiat wait wait. How did Sam use Asgard knowledge to build a phase shift device in "Line in the Sand" when they didn't receive the database until "Unending"? I haven't seen Line in the Sand in a while but I think I remember them simply using Merlins original device.
                          www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                            Wiat wait wait. How did Sam use Asgard knowledge to build a phase shift device in "Line in the Sand" when they didn't receive the database until "Unending"? I haven't seen Line in the Sand in a while but I think I remember them simply using Merlins original device.
                            What monkey man was talking about is that sam built the the TDF in Unending. I do not recall Sam making or saying its being built or is going to build Merlin's device, but she only said if they phase out that they wont have enough time to fully phase out before the beam hit them.

Comment

Working...
                            X