This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus Ship Class Weaponry

Does anyone think that we should put Goa'uld Laser technology on the ships we build instead of/or even with teh rail guns and missles they currently use? Because it seems that whenever the Daedalus and Odessey go into battle with another ship(s) it seems that they do not really do anything against the others shields. What do you guys think?

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

the gould Dont have laser weapans .........

Comment

I believe he is refering to Goa'uld Plasma Weapons....it will happen eventually...

Comment

or a larger version of that finger laser that osiris used
        would make an excelent point defence or if suped up enough a capital ship weapon

Comment

salvage a goald cannon of an alkesh and you could take out any fighters easily
          ]

Comment

Thanks Milleniumlance, I was referring to the Plasma Weapons, just couldn't think of the correct title at the time.

I was also thinking about salvaging them from some Al'Kesh, may even some Ha'Taks. For some reason, it seems Ha'Taks are always being destroyed as of recently. So I am sure, they could find some.

Comment

we can take out the fighters easily with railguns but the thing is than we run out of ammo

if we could get like weapons from ships like gliders and alkesh like whatever happened to the ships and death gliders in lost city part 2 there must of been loads of plasma weapons but anyway if we just strap few 2gether we could have a larger blast like get 5 blasters 2gether and mount on the front of out ship and then than would give us a advantage.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree that some energy weapons would deffinitely work in making the earth ships more effective in battles. Heck the Odyssey would do better against the Leucian alliance (forgive the spelling.) Although you have to admit seeing
                Spoiler:
                The Deddy open up on the hive ships dart bay in no mans land
                was pretty sweet.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116
                  Does anyone think that we should put Goa'uld Laser technology on the ships we build instead of/or even with teh rail guns and missles they currently use?
                  Does anyone think TPTB will actually let this happen?

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                    we can take out the fighters easily with railguns but the thing is than we run out of ammo
                    Have they ever run out of ammo for rail guns on the Earth ships? I don't think ammo is a limiting factor in rail guns, they should have plenty of space to store lots of ammo. The main problem with rail guns are their limited range (not as far as how far the pellet will go, but the accuracy and lag you target things farther away).

That's why we have missles that track. I think tracking missles are better than plasma weapons in many instances (esp. long range combat), but plasma weapons are probably better against shields since plasma has more of a disruptive electromagnetic effect than a missile.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                      Does anyone think TPTB will actually let this happen?
                      I don't think the TPTB will actually let this happen, I think the furtherest they were will to go was the alloys used in construction, the shields, and hyperspeed capability.

Comment

Well the only reasons why we have not seen railguns do more damage to capital ships is that we are always getting double teamed or more. This causes our shields to go down 2 or more times faster and we split our railguns between the ships so the attacking ships get less damage. Even if we got a hat'ak capital ship weapon on an 304 in those situations we may not see much damage to enemy we were attacking in those situations. I imagine the power requirements of hat'ak capital ship weapon is significantly more that 6 main railguns a 304 has. Since we know the point defence railguns have a speed of mach 5 at 250 miles and the main rail guns would be a large ammo and or faster which should have an effect on shields.
                        http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

Originally posted by jburrows View Post
                          Well the only reasons why we have not seen railguns do more damage to capital ships is that we are always getting double teamed or more. This causes our shields to go down 2 or more times faster and we split our railguns between the ships so the attacking ships get less damage. Even if we got a hat'ak capital ship weapon on an 304 in those situations we may not see much damage to enemy we were attacking in those situations. I imagine the power requirements of hat'ak capital ship weapon is significantly more that 6 main railguns a 304 has. Since we know the point defence railguns have a speed of mach 5 at 250 miles and the main rail guns would be a large ammo and or faster which should have an effect on shields.
                          But then again if we could just tie in a ZPM into Daedalus/Apollo's power systems,. then im sure that could power a wepon of that magnatude.
                          This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                          Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                          we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Well after the little upgrades we get in unending, gould weapons are our shall we say it bit outdated,

Spoiler:
                            Asguard given us all their energy weapons now might as well out fit the fleet with best we have currently got and not the outdated crap the gould call weapons, asguard weapons are just so much more advance.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Well after the little upgrades we get in unending, gould weapons are our shall we say it bit outdated,

Spoiler:
                              Asguard given us all their energy weapons now might as well out fit the fleet with best we have currently got and not the outdated crap the gould call weapons, asguard weapons are just so much more advance.

Spoiler:
                              And the Asgard have given us there power core to run these energy wepons
                              This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                              Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                              we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X