This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened to the Goa'uld voices?

in e6 (beachhead) nerus said that they can speak with their own voices (i hope you know what i mean). they use it to show that they are gods. so why tok'ra speak with the goa'uld depth of voice? might be error of creators?
    What about Teal'c? Come on, is this the face of a crazy man?... Bad example. [O'Neill]

The Tok'ra probably talk in the deep voices to define which counterpart is talking, the host or the symbiote.

Comment

I've always thought it takes a fairly conscious effort on the part of the symbiote to control the flange if it was speaking. So why bother if you're not trying to hide the fact that you're a Goa'uld (ie a Tok'ra)?

Comment

Originally posted by lord_Jakub[SG-1]
        in e6 (beachhead) nerus said that they can speak with their own voices (i hope you know what i mean). they use it to show that they are gods. so why tok'ra speak with the goa'uld depth of voice? might be error of creators?
        The tone of voice of a Tok'ra to that of a goa'uld is the same because their physiology is that of a goa'uld symbiote and they are, for want of a better term, using the host body as an instrument to communicate through.

The differnce between the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra is that the Tok'ra are two entities which share the one body. The difference in voice is to show which conciousness is the primary one at that time. But tokra and host have equal use of the body, so at anytime the host can pipe up and use the body and vice versa.

The Goa'uld who prance around as gods, do so because they are trying to show their supieriority over their host race, So maybe they are trying to scare the ones that they are trying to rule over.

Maybe if the voice didnt change, it was because the symbiote was controlling the host but without actually taking over dominance of the body completely. Just a thought.

But then again the Tok'ra want to blend in with the goa'uld, so why would they hide their dominance of the body.

Oi! now I'm all confused. I'm going to go with depends on the circumstance and the host/ symbiote
        Last edited by Gate Gal 1984; 01 November 2005, 04:20 AM.

Comment

In seasons 9 and 10, the Goa'uld use only their hosts voice. Can anyone make any sense of this?

Comment

Originally posted by nothing croovus
            In seasons 9 and 10, the Goa'uld use only their hosts voice. Can anyone make any sense of this?
            They only really used that funny voice this to help them pretend to be gods and now that no one belives it anyway there is no point baal still did when his jaffa were around

Comment

It's explained in season nine when one of them explains to the General that they only use the voice for show.

Comment

Regardless the reason do you think perhaps the sound effects guys, wanted the easy way out?

Comment

Maybe it's another budget cut. Hahaa!
                  Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                  O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Simple, no one buys it anymore. And it makes the female Goa'ulds sound like men in drag, despite their all-female hotness.

like... Athena, Hathor, and Osiris
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Then how do you explain it when the Tok'Ra talk like that?

Comment

In the case of the Tok'ra, the symbiote decided to stick to its basso voice so that others would be able to distinguish whether its host or the symbiote itself was speaking at the time. Pretty much also for the benefit of the viewers, since we're supposed to assume that the Tok'ra symbiotes would never control a host against his/her will.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares
                          In the case of the Tok'ra, the symbiote decided to stick to its basso voice so that others would be able to distinguish whether its host or the symbiote itself was speaking at the time. Pretty much also for the benefit of the viewers, since we're supposed to assume that the Tok'ra symbiotes would never control a host against his/her will.
                          That makes alot of sense but did we actually see a Tok'ra is seasons 9 or 10?
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Besides the alternate Martouf? Nope, they're a pretty endangered species by this point in time.

Comment

There are multiple examples of Goa'uld using the host voices in the early series, usually when they are hiding in a host.
                              As for the Tok'ra, Jolinar used Carters voice when the symbitote was in control.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                              Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Working...
                              X