This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aquaman pilot

I downloaded the unaired Aquaman pilot {Snipped by Moderator} It looks set in the Smallville universe and has the same young and good looking kind of cast.

Worth a look.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 July 2018, 06:49 AM.

Meh, I found it cheesy. Although if the CW (or another network) picks it up, I imagine it will do well in the 12 - 17 crowd. I wasn't hugely impressed with the title character though.
    sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

From what I heard the show has already been cancelled and will not be picked up by any network.
      http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

I hadn't heard that it was cancelled, just that the CW had dropped it, and no one has of yet picked it up. That was a couple months ago though, so maybe its out of limbo and into the vault of "cancelled before they aired" shows.
        sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

I talked to this dealer at a 'horror' con where he was selling the pilot (40 min) version of Aquaman. From his backstory the pilot didn't chart well with focus group. They felt it was too much like Smallville and that confused them, since CK would not be there week-to-week.

So into the value you go.
          The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim View Post
            I talked to this dealer at a 'horror' con where he was selling the pilot (40 min) version of Aquaman. From his backstory the pilot didn't chart well with focus group. They felt it was too much like Smallville and that confused them, since CK would not be there week-to-week.

So into the value you go.
            aquaman is the wrong dc dude to make a smallville like series bout. try batman or spiderman (yeah i know he's marvel but damn spidey owns!!!!!) or dammit someone else. imo marvel has more and better superheroes than dc.
            Don't xSEED the need!

Comment

Originally posted by xSEED View Post
              aquaman is the wrong dc dude to make a smallville like series bout. try batman or spiderman (yeah i know he's marvel but damn spidey owns!!!!!) or dammit someone else. imo marvel has more and better superheroes than dc.
              DC's heros tend to be more black and white, good and evil, very easily defined, (unless you read the infinite crisis, then it just gets confusing.) While Marvel heros tend to have deeper personal live and some times do thing that can be classed as a grey.

I mean compare Spider-Man to Superman. Both popular, but both very different lives. Spider-man stories are as much about Peter Parker as they are Spider-man. Giving him a connection to the reader, normal life, normal problems.
              While Clark Kent, is nothing more than a origin story for Superman in most comics. A reader's connection to Superman, was Superman is an icon of good. It wasn't until Smallville they really explored Clark Kent's past, instead of Superman's.
              http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

Yeah, I don't think Aquaman would have done well regardless. The character hasn't really been popular for a couple of decades or so and the whole 'saving the earth's oceans' isn't as vital a message as it used to be.

Granted it probably would have scored highly in the teenage girl demograph.

Comment

Originally posted by Neorapsta View Post
                  Granted it probably would have scored highly in the teenage girl demograph.
                  Things that suck always do.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Well since the Aquaman actor, Justin Hartley, now has a recurring role on Smallville as a different actor, it's gonna put a dampner on any series plans for a while and it means that Aquaman couldn't be set in the Smallville universe (it already has an Aquaman character, doesn't it?).

Comment

Well just because the same guy has a different role in the show doesn't mean there can't be any aquaman. Just look at Stargate SG-1 with Doctor Wier, played by two different actresses.

I think they should probably go for the more mature beardy Aquaman if they ever revisit the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Neorapsta View Post
                        Well just because the same guy has a different role in the show doesn't mean there can't be any aquaman. Just look at Stargate SG-1 with Doctor Wier, played by two different actresses.

I think they should probably go for the more mature beardy Aquaman if they ever revisit the idea.
                        Definitely, the one with the hook hand thing is just so much cooler.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                          Things that suck always do.
                          not always
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
                            not always
                            I'm sorry you are correct. Things that suck do not always score highly among teenage girls. However things that score highly among teenage girls usually suck, at least from the non-teenage male perspective.

Comment

Yeh I downloaded the pilot as well ages ago like 3-4 months ago, it was OK, but I can understand them not picking it up, it wasn't great!!
                              I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Working...
                              X