This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power source in "point of view" (302)

okay, so in ep 302 they went to another universe and helped them gate to the asgard homeworld to call for help. now what happened to this power source that they were able to get working again? why can't they power it up again? maybe they left it on the alternate universe, but maybe they can just make another one?
    i mean who wouldnt want a homemade disposable zpm?
    Ford: You know we still haven't named the planet yet
    Sheppard: I'm sure the ancients have a name for it
    Ford: How about atlantica? Something like that
    Sheppard: I thought we agreed you were not going to name anything anymore

left in the AU is my guess. I also think that it wasn't a zpm, it was just a jerry rigged Nq-reactor.

Comment

Well, it's no good for putting out more than a short burst of energy. While it might be useful for dialing atlantis, we don't know if it puts out that much energy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
        left in the AU is my guess. I also think that it wasn't a zpm, it was just a jerry rigged Nq-reactor.
        That sounds right. The 2 Carters jerry rigged the generator O'neill created in "The Fifth Race," from the energy crystal in Teal'c's staff weapon and I believe it was totally spent when he used it in the AU because it used a different power source. Whatever the reason, it was left behind.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
          That sounds right. The 2 Carters jerry rigged the generator O'neill created in "The Fifth Race," from the energy crystal in Teal'c's staff weapon and I believe it was totally spent when he used it in the AU because it used a different power source. Whatever the reason, it was left behind.
          maybe they could make another one, and i know its not a zpm, but i just thought it sounded funny to call it a jury rigged homemade zpm.

Comment

Originally posted by kodamawu
            maybe they could make another one, and i know its not a zpm, but i just thought it sounded funny to call it a jury rigged homemade zpm.
            It doesn't use Zero Point energy. We would have known if it did. It probably just is able to extract energy from liquid naquada in a short burst.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
              It doesn't use Zero Point energy. We would have known if it did. It probably just is able to extract energy from liquid naquada in a short burst.
              er i dont recall them ever saying "zero point energy" but w/e, i know what you mean, and i know that it's not the same thing, i just thought it was a nice name for it. and it probably does just extract energy from liquid naquada in a short burst or so, but it still doesn't rule out the possibility of gating to pegasus.
              i wonder if atlantis has the SGC's idcs

Comment

a ZPM is a 'Zero Point Module' It utilizes zero point energy of a self contained subspace thingy.

the thing Jack built was a Super-Naquada-Reactor of some kind. It sucked all of the energy out of the itty bitty staff weapon power source in one jolt.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  a ZPM is a 'Zero Point Module' It utilizes zero point energy of a self contained subspace thingy.

the thing Jack built was a Super-Naquada-Reactor of some kind. It sucked all of the energy out of the itty bitty staff weapon power source in one jolt.
                  no if i recall its called a "zero point module" but they never mention "zero point energy" mckay said it generates its power from "vaccuum energy derived from a self-contained region of subspace time" i'm just being nitpicky.
                  in any event, i KNOW that o'neil's little doohicky isn't the same as a zpm, i just thought it would be clever to call it a jury rigged homemade zpm.
                  and yea it gets its power from naquada and the little energy thing that powers the staff weapon, but it should still work if they can replenish its power source again... and if it can get them to the asgard galaxy, whose to say it cant get them to pegasus.
                  i wish some1 would draw out a map of all the galaxies in our local area...

Comment

what do you think Zero point energy is? It's vacuum energy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      what do you think Zero point energy is? It's vacuum energy.
                      *shrug* the zero point part could be for some other reason, not that the specifics really matter... and we're getting a little off topic...

Comment

Just face it, Mio is correct. The ZPM is based on ZPE, which is a powersource connected to another dimension to draw insane amounts of power. IE. a ZPM the size of a coffee cup could boil all the oceans on Earth.

Comment

Earlier Quote:
                          i wish some1 would draw out a map of all the galaxies in our local area...

My Reply:
                          You might find what you are looking for on one of the Hubble sights.
                          Last edited by Ancient 1; 26 August 2004, 01:54 PM. Reason: experiment with quote

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                            Just face it, Mio is correct. The ZPM is based on ZPE, which is a powersource connected to another dimension to draw insane amounts of power. IE. a ZPM the size of a coffee cup could boil all the oceans on Earth.
                            Hehe, I remember reading that from a website and being a little scared for a moment.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                              Hehe, I remember reading that from a website and being a little scared for a moment.
                              well thankfully we dont have to worry about our oceans boiling over because of a zpm, because zpms are just a piece of science fiction, unless of course that's what the government wants us to believe ^_-

Comment

Working...
                              X