X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Promote Our Stargate Celebrities

Hello everyone:

With the permission of David, from Gateworld, I've created this thread for the fans to help promote the Stargate and Atlantis Actors in other projects, or just to let the Producers know that you would like to see more of your favorite character.

So, this thread is for people spearheading letter writing campagnes to the powers that be. This is not a campagne of the week thread, since even letter writing campagnes can be abused. However, with the power of the fans on Gateworld, we can make some pretty amazing things happen. And if current campagnes want to update everyone on their progress, I'm sure that would be welcome on this thread as well.

The "Promote Our Stargate Celebrities" thread is to provide a rallying point for fans to send letters of support to outside organizations such as production companies and convention organizers to promote our favorite actors. Gatecon in the UK has just announced Colin Cunningham as a guest. Anyone wanting to go to that convention can ask fellow Gateworld members to write to the convention organizers to promote their favorite actors. For example: maybe I'm not attending the Gatecon convention, but I'm going to Dragon Con in Atlanta. I write a letter for you because you would love to see Claudia Black at Gatecon. I tell Gatecon in my letter that I would love Claudia to attend. Then you write a letter to Dragon Con in Atlanta for the celebrity I want to see. So, Gateworld members are helping each other achieve what they want, the actors are getting more work and everyone wins. The same concept can be provided for movies or T.V shows we'd like to see our actors on.

Thanks everybody.
    Last edited by Arctic Goddess; 07 March 2007, 08:55 AM. Reason: Clarifying the purpose of the thread.
    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Hi:

Here is the first attempt to promote one of our Stargate actors so that he receives more screen time on any incarnations of Stargate.

So, if anyone wants to see more of Ba'al, Cliff Simon said he wants to appear as a regular in Atlantis or in another Stargate spin-off in the future, Anyone who would like to support that can write to the studio or send an e-mail to:

Mr. Brad Wright, Executive Producer
    Mr. Robert Cooper, Executive Producer
    STARGATE SG:1
    c/o THE BRIDGE STUDIOS
    2400 BOUNDARY ROAD
    BURNABY, BC
    V5M 3Z3

[email protected]

The e-mail is generic so you'll need to ask to have the e-mail forwarded for Brad Wright or Robert Cooper.

Comment

I definitely think MGM should keep in contract anyone willing to stick around after SG-1 & with the main cast repeatedly saying there is a high chance for SG-1 TV movies this is a good thing

Comment

Putting Cliff Simon on Atlantis would mean axing a regular Atlantis cast member, so I don't see many going for that.

Put it this way, if they didn't make him a regular on all the seasons that he appeared on SG-1, then there is no chance they'll do it in Atlantis. If they were going to do it, then it'd be with one of the SG-1 team members.

I like Atlantis the way it is, SG-1 had a long road, if TPTB felt that it still had something left with the whole Stargate Command thing then put them in that, but leave Atlantis alone. Moving characters over from 1 show, means someone on the other has gotta make way. Which most likely would be my favourite character knowing my luck.

That I will not promote or encourage at all, sorry!

Comment

Well I think a Spin-pff based on Ba'al would be a very good Idea andd would force the PTB away from the formula of SG-1 and SGA so I'd like to see that.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Goddess
            Hi:

Here is the first attempt to promote one of our Stargate actors so that he receives more screen time on any incarnations of Stargate.

So, if anyone wants to see more of Ba'al, Cliff Simon said he wants to appear as a regular in Atlantis or in another Stargate spin-off in the future, Anyone who would like to support that can write to the studio or send an e-mail to:

Mr. Brad Wright, Executive Producer
            Mr. Robert Cooper, Executive Producer
            STARGATE SG:1
            c/o THE BRIDGE STUDIOS
            2400 BOUNDARY ROAD
            BURNABY, BC
            V5M 3Z3

[email protected]

The e-mail is generic so you'll need to ask to have the e-mail forwarded for Brad Wright or Robert Cooper.
            Want to hear something that really surprised me? When I was in Burnaby, on "my" shoot last week, while on location in Central park, they had a small tent for the cast, and director's chairs, with everyone's name on them. I was floored when I saw my name on one, and the Stargate insignia on the reverse. Later in the day, while taking a few pics, Cliff Simon came over to me, and said "great, you have YOUR own chair, I've been a regular guest on this show for years and I never yet had a chair with my name on it". I looked and sure enough, his chair said "Guest". I think Cliff would be great in any role, but instead of Atlantis, I'd love to see him in a spin off. And this time, they better get him his own personalized chair!
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
              Want to hear something that really surprised me? When I was in Burnaby, on "my" shoot last week, while on location in Central park, they had a small tent for the cast, and director's chairs, with everyone's name on them. I was floored when I saw my name on one, and the Stargate insignia on the reverse. Later in the day, while taking a few pics, Cliff Simon came over to me, and said "great, you have YOUR own chair, I've been a regular guest on this show for years and I never yet had a chair with my name on it". I looked and sure enough, his chair said "Guest". I think Cliff would be great in any role, but instead of Atlantis, I'd love to see him in a spin off. And this time, they better get him his own personalized chair!

That is so cool, Lida. I wish I was you at that moment. To have Cliff come and chat with you. Isn't he a nice man?

Yes, I'd love for him to have his own series with Stargate. So, please Write.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                Central Park eh? Tent eh?

Tell me, did you happen to see some guy biking near the set with a blue bicycle helmet?

Cuz that was me.

Comment

what about if u say "COME OR YOU'LL FEEL THE WRATH OF KHAAAAAAN"
                  I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                    Putting Cliff Simon on Atlantis would mean axing a regular Atlantis cast member, so I don't see many going for that.

Put it this way, if they didn't make him a regular on all the seasons that he appeared on SG-1, then there is no chance they'll do it in Atlantis. If they were going to do it, then it'd be with one of the SG-1 team members.

I like Atlantis the way it is, SG-1 had a long road, if TPTB felt that it still had something left with the whole Stargate Command thing then put them in that, but leave Atlantis alone. Moving characters over from 1 show, means someone on the other has gotta make way. Which most likely would be my favourite character knowing my luck.

Sorry, I can't support this either, for all the reasons Wraith_Hunter already gave.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

im neutral in that dispute with wraith hunter and falcon horus because both sides have a valid argument and point
                      I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

And another reason i wouldn't like to have cliff simon there is that we allready know him so well as Ba'al... and it would just be strange to see him as a none goa'uld... the story behind him would need like 5 episodes for me to see him as someone else and i dont want to sacrifice that just for him to go there... he's done a very good jobat SG-1 but just can't be going to atlantis... not even as a vilian since SGA just brougt in a new bread as our enemies... and to suddenly have goa'uld there aswell would just not be realistic for Shepard & co. to beat...
                        jennie: what have you gotten your self involved in here Meredith?
                        : Meredith?
                        It's a long story...
                        Jeanie: It's his name.
                        Your Name is Meredith Mckay?
                        It's Meredith Rodney Mckay yes, but I prefure to go by Rodney... Look could we just stick to the point here... look out the window... must more interesting then my name...
                        Your name is Meredith...?!?!?!

Hah Mckays Life is ruined

Comment

Agreed. Ba'al has no place on Atlantis. He just wouldn't fit in, and Cliff is far too identifiable as Ba'al to be another character. They have plenty of regulars on SGA already, and really don't need SG1 characters being brought over, in my opinion.
                          sigpic

Comment

MGM should make more stargate spin-offs and for the love of god save SG1

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

People, I did also mention a spin-off series. There were TWO choices. You all read the entire post, didn't you?

Comment

Working...
                              X