This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients vs Time Lords

Who would win in a fight. We have seen their tech, and we know some about both. Lets get it on.
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
    The Alliance is born!!!!

ascended ancients or regular ancients, Mw ancients or PG galaxy ancients?, pre or post plague ancients?, pre or post ori/alteran split?

We have alot of options in regard to whom the ancinets are and what period of thier histroy any battle would take place in ( LOL, the time lord could battle them in any point )
    i would say the time lord, i dont really watch Dr. who but the ancinets are pretty dumb when it comes to fighting, while being uber impressive obviously.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      ascended ancients or regular ancients, Mw ancients or PG galaxy ancients?, pre or post plague ancients?, pre or post ori/alteran split?

We have alot of options in regard to whom the ancinets are and what period of thier histroy any battle would take place in ( LOL, the time lord could battle them in any point )
      i would say the time lord, i dont really watch Dr. who but the ancinets are pretty dumb when it comes to fighting, while being uber impressive obviously.
      I'd go so far as to say that Time Lord could easily defeat the Ori, back before all that was left was The Doctor, and possibly a few others he can't sense. We can see this because the Tardis was going to defeat the Reapers in "Father's Day" by appearing, before that got messed up. Since the Reapers are trans-dimensional beings that destroy entire areas in which the timeline has been compromised, and it appears Time Lord can beat them from the Doctor's actions, and him saying that, "When my kind was still around we would deal with this sort of problem," an ascended being shouldn't be much of a challenge.
      The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Definitely the time lord. The Doctor could probably take down their whole civilization with his sonic screwdriver. But why is thread in science and tech?
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Because it was originally tech vs tech, but then they brought up acended ancients and the Ori.

I think that the reason that they are so advanced is because they were among the first civilizations to developed after the galaxies formed. Who knows, they could very well be the Furlings, conisdering they were peace loving and would likely form alliances with the Lantians, Asgard, and the Nox, even though they are "monkeys" compared to them.
          The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deadman
            I'd go so far as to say that Time Lord could easily defeat the Ori, back before all that was left was The Doctor, and possibly a few others he can't sense. We can see this because the Tardis was going to defeat the Reapers in "Father's Day" by appearing, before that got messed up. Since the Reapers are trans-dimensional beings that destroy entire areas in which the timeline has been compromised, and it appears Time Lord can beat them from the Doctor's actions, and him saying that, "When my kind was still around we would deal with this sort of problem," an ascended being shouldn't be much of a challenge.
            Yeah but the Ori arent creatures created by the universe to combat damages in the time line as the Reapers were. Not saying the Doctor couldnt combat the Ori but the example is not entirely accurate as they have completely different purposes and reasons to exist.

To take both races characteristics together I would say they would simply leave each other alone and wouldnt do anything to one another. The Time Lords themselves arent really a good bunch of people with only a few of their kind being an exception which includes the Doctor. Plus they also follow their own rules which means no messing with the timeline on a galactic scale. There were exceptions of course like when they sent the Doctor back into the past to prevent the birth of the Daleks which did not succeed and only delayed them with possibly starting the war with the Daleks in the first place.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Perhaps the Ancients tried to emulate them, look at their civilization. They kick the SGA team out of Atlantis after saving them, and they have rules against interupting in the development of other societies.
              The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Perhaps the Ancients tried to emulate them, look at their civilization. They kick the SGA team out of Atlantis after saving them, and they have rules against interupting in the development of other societies.
                What? - U saying the Ancients kick out the SGA team from Atlantis?

Why? - Whats happened? - What caused it?

Are the Ancients coming back to reclaim the city or something????

TELL ME MORE! => This sounds potentially exciting!

-T

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
                  What? - U saying the Ancients kick out the SGA team from Atlantis?

Why? - Whats happened? - What caused it?

Are the Ancients coming back to reclaim the city or something????

TELL ME MORE! => This sounds potentially exciting!

-T
                  you haven't seen the return part 1 have you
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Spoiler:
                    You should have put that in spoilers as others may have not have seen it yet. The show has started up in the UK yet so you may have just spoilt things for people who read this thread.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Time Lords in their prime would definitely waste the Alterrans (unascended). Ascended Alterrans might be a bit trickier, but the Time Lords would certainly match them.

Today though, with just the Doctor? The Doctor is good, no doubt about that, but the sheer power of all the Ascended Ancients might overwhelm even him. Unless their non-interference rule extends to the Doctor, since he's not technically ascended. In which case, the Doctor wins, hands down.

What do you think? Would the Ascended Ancient's "Prime Directive" extend to a Time Lord?

Comment

Considering the fact the timelords run their planet of a black hole....

Considering that their transportation technology has never been shown to have been affected by shields.

Considering the fact that the timelords have the ability to control stars...

Considering the fact that the timelords could throw a planet into a time loop...

Comment

ok people. i searched the gateworld race database but didnt find anything about the time lords nor the doctor. so who is he who are the reapers and who're this time lords. please explain cuz this sounds awsome.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980
                            ok people. i searched the gateworld race database but didnt find anything about the time lords nor the doctor. so who is he who are the reapers and who're this time lords. please explain cuz this sounds awsome.
                            Go onto Wikipedia and search Doctor Who.
                            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

thanks. but how are you able to compare him to the lanteans. like comparing two completly different things.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X