• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further Instructions (303)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 303

After waking up in the jungle and having a vision, Locke sets out to rescue Mr. Eko from a menacing captor. Hurley returns to the beach camp to report on the fate of Jack, Kate, and Sawyer.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:07 PM.

I thought it was a good episode, because we saw more of the cast.

Next week's episode looks awesome.
    sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the episode too... Nothing really to say

Comment

so Locke is a past member of a commune that grew pot? unbelievable. still, it was nice to get a bit of his earlier backstory. He doesnt want Charlie to use, but hey, he makes a paste from nature and communes with the spirit of the island? Puleeze! And the man who was also part of the pot commune...the dude with the deep voice and wild hair...um...he reminds me of one of the Others....the older guy who always wore the fake 'tache/beard thingy. the man who gave Kate the pretty dress....yeah...that guy! hmmm not the best ep...prolly not the worst of the season to come...just not that many questions were answered...many more threads left hanging. Good to see Boone, if only in a drug induced haze.

next week previews look good. down right inhumane....

Comment

...does it make me a bad person that I'm looking forward to watching Sawyer get the crap kicked out him?

Anyway.

A question: during Locke's vision quest, who was it in the airplane captain's uniform that he pointed out? Was that Desmond? I didn't recognize him, and I recognized everyone else.
          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
          What have these years left to me?
          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
            A question: during Locke's vision quest, who was it in the airplane captain's uniform that he pointed out? Was that Desmond? I didn't recognize him, and I recognized everyone else.
            That was Desmond in the pilot's uniform surrounded by flight attendants. Boone said something like, "No, not him, he's helping himself." However way you want to take that.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

They left it looking as if Locke didn't shoot that undercover officer after the farmer/hunter scene, but then Ecki told Locke that he was a hunter and Locke looked really troubled.

Is he a cop killer? Because if he is, I will be throughly p'd off. I work in law enforcement & I hate cop killers at the best of times, but we just had an officer in my state get murdered and I am more sensitive than usual to the topic. To make a fan-favorite, one who has made a big deal out of morals & spirituality, be not only a hypocritical do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do pot grower, but also a cop killer would be a very bad decision on the part of TPTB.

Also, is Desmond clairvoyant? How did he know about Locke's speech before he gave it... and is someone going to give the poor man some underwear & pants (and maybe a cleaner & smaller shirt, lol)?

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
                They left it looking as if Locke didn't shoot that undercover officer after the farmer/hunter scene, but then Ecki told Locke that he was a hunter and Locke looked really troubled.

Is he a cop killer? Because if he is, I will be throughly p'd off. I work in law enforcement & I hate cop killers at the best of times, but we just had an officer in my state get murdered and I am more sensitive than usual to the topic. To make a fan-favorite, one who has made a big deal out of morals & spirituality, be not only a hypocritical do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do pot grower, but also a cop killer would be a very bad decision on the part of TPTB.
                Would that make Locke any worse than a killer cop? Or a Korean mafia enforcer? Or an Iraqi torturer? Or someone who killed her father and tried to make it look like an accident? ALL of our characters have some dark moments in their past, and the beauty of the way the narrative is constructed is that we get to know the characters before we know everything about them. So it can be quite shocking to see what the people we think we know are capable of.

That being said, I don't think Locke killed the cop. What we've seen of Locke is that he's almost childlike in his desire to do the right thing. I don't think he has cold-blooded murder in him.
                Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                What have these years left to me?
                Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Loved the ep, but, boy, what questions it gives rise to.

Who or what took Locke, Eco and Desmond out of the imploded bunker?

Why could Locke suddenly speak after his spirit journey?

Why wasn't Eco missing a few body parts? He's drenched in blood but I saw no wounds(ok, that could just be my shabby tv reception....)

Was the electromagnetic thingamaforce keeping the wild animals away? Will they be a danger to the survivors now?

How does Desmond know the future?

I'm tellin' ya, it's looking more and more like the movie Cypher. I think these guys are all strapped to gurneys on the mainland, experiencing drug-induced lives.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Great episode! Although of course, it raises even more questions. It's almost as if the Island is where the past, present and future collide. Least thats how I'm starting to see it. You can't help but feel bad for poor Locke. Loved Boone's appearance, very fitting. Also loved the Desmond and Hurley scene out in the jungle.

I give the episode *** on GW's scale.
                    sigpic
                    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Would that make Locke any worse than a killer cop? Or a Korean mafia enforcer? Or an Iraqi torturer? Or someone who killed her father and tried to make it look like an accident? ALL of our characters have some dark moments in their past, and the beauty of the way the narrative is constructed is that we get to know the characters before we know everything about them. So it can be quite shocking to see what the people we think we know are capable of.
                      Exactly. That's what I love about this show. It challenges your perceptions and shocks you with the reality.

That being said, I don't think Locke killed the cop. What we've seen of Locke is that he's almost childlike in his desire to do the right thing. I don't think he has cold-blooded murder in him.
                      I don't think Locke killed the cop. I think he wanted to because he felt betrayed but I don't think that he did, because I don't think it's in him to do so.

And I don't see Locke as a hypocrite because he lived on a commune and grew marijuana, and then when on the island challenged Charlie's drug use. I mean, am I a hypocrite, to tell my stepson who has a substance abuse problem that severely affects every aspect of his life that he has to stop and that it's wrong, just because I smoked pot and did drugs as a teenager. Or am I in a better position to tell him he needs to stop and that it's wrong because I've been there and done that and don't want him to go through the same things?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
                        ...does it make me a bad person that I'm looking forward to watching Sawyer get the crap kicked out him?
                        If wanting to see Sawyer suffer is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Here are my feelings about Locke and drugs. Yes, one could define his commune-stint (and island sweatlodge-paste) vs. his treatment of Charlie as hypocrisy and, thus, dismiss him outright. However, I think there are other interpretations that deserve consideration.
                        1. It could be that something about the commune disaster (and/or later events) caused Locke to be as strict as he is now.

2. It could be that the commune was raising marijuana for medicinal purposes. Didn't Mary say something about record books and such? Those folks didn't strike me as underworld drug lords; they looked more like a buyers' co-op farm.

3. Similarly, despite the implication of U.S. federal laws (which make little distinction re: criminality of the two), health science research has demonstrated quite clearly that marijuana differs from heroin in several important ways -- notably dependence liability and toxicity. It's like comparing a cheap wine cooler to Ouzo.

4. Finally, no matter the comparison, level of functioning should be considered. Charlie's heroin habit was out of control and his life was a gigantic mess. Even iff one could use heroin in the same controlled manner as marijuana or island-meditation-paste, the important thing IMO is that Charlie did not. Charlie knows that, of course, but he snarked at Locke because Charlie is (a) a recovering addict and (b) still very angry with Locke (who, yeah, was on a bit of a high horse before his belief in the island imploded).

Those are my thoughts. In other news, I liked the ep a lot. That airport scene was excellent! I do wish that Hurley would speak up. Doesn't he have a habit of not telling people about the weirdo stuff right away?

Comment

Overall I thought the ep was good. Glad to see the majority of the cast, even got to see Boone.

I seem to remember thinking early last season that things were moving a bit slow, but then they picked up and it was a great season. It seems that is what is happening now.

One question: In the plot summary at the top of this thread it says; "Meanwhile, Claire is shocked to find Nikki and Paulo in Jack's tent." Did I come back from a coomercial break late, nod off or miss this while checking the score of the Mets game? Was this a pivotal scene?

Comment

O_O @ Desmond's precog.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordo View Post

One question: In the plot summary at the top of this thread it says; "Meanwhile, Claire is shocked to find Nikki and Paulo in Jack's tent." Did I come back from a coomercial break late, nod off or miss this while checking the score of the Mets game? Was this a pivotal scene?

No - i don't believe so ... or at least I didn't see it either.

Overall - the season's getting better. The first episode,after the teaser was ... relatively rubbish.

The second one was much more interesting, and then this one was slightly better still ... mainly because we at the very least glimpst most of the cast - still, i always hate it when shows have two or, atm three completely seperate storylines, ESPECIALLY, when we don't get to at least progress at least one of the other storyline's in some small way as well as the main focus of an episode.

Oh yeah - and it was nice to revisit a bit of classic season 1 type stuff too (Polar Bear, Boone, Hallucinogenic creams ...)
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                              X