No announcement yet.

Further Instructions (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ep wasnt as good as the other 2 so far, but it wasnt bad. Charlie had a few funny lines, and it was nice to see the polar bears again. Desmond knowing about locke's speach in advance was quite interesting as well. Nice to see what happened to the bunker too...
    Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
      Oh yeah - and it was nice to revisit a bit of classic season 1 type stuff too (Polar Bear, Boone, Hallucinogenic creams ...)
      Yes, I've been meaning to say that another thing I especially liked was that this ep brought back more of the 'supernatural' element. Don't get me wrong, I like the psychotorturing Others, but it would be a shame if the writers made everything about the island mundane or explicable.

Comment

Exactly! Season two proved to be something of a victory for the science column of the science vs. faith debate over the show. Mr. Eko kept it alive though and now we're back to a more well rounded show, I think.
        Spoiler:
        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
          It wasn't. Eureka, California and the general area around it is a big place for weed farms and the like. It made sense.
          It's a joke.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

hope Eko makes it - he's one of my favorites

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
              It's like comparing a cheap wine cooler to Ouzo.
              Hey now! What's wrong with Ouzo (Other than that fact it tastes horrible and has the same alcohol content as straight vodka, and this coming from someone with a Greek family)?!

Originally posted by Gordo View Post
              One question: In the plot summary at the top of this thread it says; "Meanwhile, Claire is shocked to find Nikki and Paulo in Jack's tent." Did I come back from a coomercial break late, nod off or miss this while checking the score of the Mets game? Was this a pivotal scene?
              Yeah, I didn't see that either, anyone else miss or catch that?

Comment

It was not in the episode, no.

In all likelihood the idea was either a foiler (a spoiler planted by the powers that be to throw us off) or a scrapped idea or a deleted scene. I think that the producers are thinking of having Paulo be the other part to the rumored Charlie/Claire love triangle.
                Spoiler:
                Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                  It's a joke.
                  I know. I was just clearing it up for anyone who didn't think so.
                  sigpic
                  "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                  DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD View Post
                    Originally Posted by Gordo
                    One question: In the plot summary at the top of this thread it says; "Meanwhile, Claire is shocked to find Nikki and Paulo in Jack's tent." Did I come back from a coomercial break late, nod off or miss this while checking the score of the Mets game? Was this a pivotal scene?
                    Yeah, I didn't see that either, anyone else miss or catch that?
                    I saw a scene where Claire and Charlie were having a conversation and two new characters (nikki and paulo?) were searching (probably) sawyer's tent. I think it was just an intro of two new characters. Nothing big deal for the moment.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                      If you want to go back and get a closer look, I recommend going onto abc.com's lost site. They air episodes for free (!) and with limited ads in between (30 seconds really).
                      Which I find surprising. I thought they would implement some kind of IP block for European viewers, but all I needed was to reset my PC clock to a US time zone...

All in all I found this ep pretty forgettable, if it wasn't for Locke's amazing vision. I can't stop playing it over and over again, just to identify possible directions later in the season.

Originally posted by Gordo View Post
                      Originally posted by memnarch View Post
                      It was not in the episode, no.

In all likelihood the idea was either a foiler (a spoiler planted by the powers that be to throw us off) or a scrapped idea or a deleted scene. I think that the producers are thinking of having Paulo be the other part to the rumored Charlie/Claire love triangle.
                      There are promo pictures here (e.g. 4th and 5th image) of scenes that weren't shown in this ep. My best guess is they needed to cut some scenes for time. I also heard (don't know whether it's true) that abc was promoting to re-air the episodes later with deleted scenes to boost their ratings, so this could well be one of those cut eps.
                      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

I can't believe Said and Jin were so dumb as to let the enemy get the boat..

also Sun (sp?) let the rest get away while only shooting the woman on the boat before she jumped into the water.. that was bs...

====

I am watching the 4 episodes shown each Monday night, so I can catch up on the series..
                        My Story:
                        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Thank god,we can finally see something else than those stupid cages,sea and everything else.Still on John Locke's side.Writing this from the future.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                          X