No announcement yet.

Exodus, Part 1 (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I get the feeling we're missing something here??

Spoiler:
    "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
    ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
      Why do I get the feeling we're missing something here??
      Excellent question

Thoughts, anyone?

Comment

This is frakkin' driving me nuts.....

How can your resources be limited when you have 5 frakkin' basestars in orbit? What resources? They're talking about controlling the insurgents (by some means other than executing them) and Six says that their resources are limited. They must be talking about "personnel", either skin jobs or Centurions, right? The Centurions are mechanicals, shouldn't be an issue there, so it's something to do with the skin jobs, there's some limitation there......and I'm back to numbers of originals, limitations on number of downloads, willingness to risk death and have to be downloaded, something.....

Spoiler:
        "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
        ---Bill Adama

Comment

No, not models, I know there are 12, but there must have been a finite number of each model originally created. Those originals each have the capability of downloading into a new body at death, unless prevented. So if you start off with, say, 100 of each model, and they are losing numbers by being prevented from downloading.....you get the picture? You could have an infinite number of bodies available, but you have to have something to download into them.
          Well if the Cylons are so technologically advanced I would think they would have "backups" of all their skins personalities that they could simply restore if the current consciousness is lost. They are a computer based society, I'm sure they are familiar with the phrase "Backup your files and do it often"

Comment

i dont think they have backups. i mean remember in downloaded they talked about putting sharons memories into cold storage becuz she was becoming 2 human. now if they had backups they couldve simply used one of her backup memories when she wasnt so human and permanently kill the sharon with the memories that make her 2 human

Comment

Originally posted by desertrat23 View Post
              Well if the Cylons are so technologically advanced I would think they would have "backups" of all their skins personalities that they could simply restore if the current consciousness is lost. They are a computer based society, I'm sure they are familiar with the phrase "Backup your files and do it often"
              Then why bother downloading at all? Just load the backup consciousness into a new body. No, there has to be more to it than that....

Spoiler:
              ---Bill Adama

Comment

I loved the ending....bangbangbang!!! lol, soz gettin carried away...

I can't say whether it seemed rushed or not coz his is the 2nd full episode I've ever seen....They should get Ronald D Moore to write the last ep of SG-1 to get an ending like that.
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Then why bother downloading at all? Just load the backup consciousness into a new body. No, there has to be more to it than that....
                  Here's a fun idea for a fic: take a cylon (like a Boomer or a Six) and force a download of a new ("uncorrupted") personality onto the existing personality. Sit back and watch.

Comment

What do we have here?

1. Ellen is almost certainly a scratch.

2. Boomer was always going to be a wildcard given the situation with her kid.

3. Interesting play between Baltar and Caprica.

Overall, step dpwn from last time out that that was to be expected.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

hi, could someone please explain to me how the chiefs small rebel force took out the 5 cylon toasters that were about to open fire on the prisoners, there appeared to be only 3 or 4 of them and they only had light weapons.
                      I thought that you needed rpg style weapons to take out a toaster let alone 5 of them. I might have missed it but I only seemed to see them shooting the traitor guards and not blowing away the toasters.
                      They also appeared to be quite far away, again another problem when using light weapons....
                      Or am I taking this too frackin seriously.... just that I like things to be slightly believable
                      regards to all.

Comment

Not too much to say about this ep. Don't get me wrong - I loved it! Maybe I was just too caught up in it to write, haha...

Interesting moment with the Three and the oracle. I find the mythology of the show fascinating; I enjoy the story that they weave through this season, and Three plays a large part in that.

If there's one thing BSG's good at, it's taking time for the little things. Such a nice touch adding that scene with the crews of the two ships and the table salt tradition. And then the exchange between Adama and Lee... between EJO's performance and McCreary's beautiful "Admiral and Commander", that scene always gives me goosebumps.

Cottle!! He's always a joy to see. His appearance was brief, but I always love his scenes.

Spoiler:
                        Oooooh! Laura's line about how Hera "may very well be the shape of things to come" Holy foreshadowing!! Love it!

Finally, Adama's epic frakking speech! For a while there part of it was in my sig... coming from any other actor, it would sound corny and hammed up. But from EJO, it feels nothing but genuine.

Lots of set-up, but a great ep, nevertheless!
                        "We still commit murder because of greed and spite and jealousy, and we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything we've done. [...] Its not enough to survive... One has to be worthy of survival."
                        ~William Adama

All this has happened before. All this is happening again.

Comment

Working...
                        X