This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori knew all along?

The Ori knew about MW galaxy being full of humans I believe. They chose not to bother with them because their followers knew nothing about them. But when Daniel and Vala presented themselves and the Doci, Priors and followers learned about them the Ori could no longer let it go. Because it would show that maybe they didn't create everything or that they were fallible in someway. I think because of their own free will daniel and vala showed up the ori knew that they had the ancients under their own rules.

Originally posted by Origin1981
    The Ori knew about MW galaxy being full of humans I believe. They chose not to bother with them because their followers knew nothing about them. But when Daniel and Vala presented themselves and the Doci, Priors and followers learned about them the Ori could no longer let it go. Because it would show that maybe they didn't create everything or that they were fallible in someway. I think because of their own free will daniel and vala showed up the ori knew that they had the ancients under their own rules.
    Hmm, that's an interesting concept. Sort of fits with a universal idea of how imperialism wasn't really controlling other people but getting more people to control you. The leader becomes the puppet and all that.

It's certainly an interesting idea, but I doubt they will go that way

Comment

If they knew, they would have know that the Ancinets had settled there are gone after the Ancients years and years ago. It's safe to say that if the Ori knew about the people in the MW they would have made a move. When you're power hungry like the Ori, you don't just leave a whole galaxy of people alone.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

The Ori aren't really power hungry, they just really hate the Ancient's.

Comment

The Priors cannot delve into people's minds. So the Priors wouldn't know anything. And if the Ancients can block knowledge from Ascended beings, I bet the Ori can block knowlege from reaching the Doci and the Priors should they choose to.

Comment

they knew along because they were shielded and if the ori infiltrated other galaxies then moved to the milky way they would think "why cant we get in to this galaxy oh yeah the ancients"
            sigpic

Comment

I remember that JM once said the Ori know Jackson since he was ascended.I wonder, why didn't they attack MW earlier?
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

I think the found out that Daniel had been ascended when he was standing in front of the fire. Not from when he was actually ascended.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

as soon as he went to celestis they knew who he was.

they thought they'd wiped out the alterans (well all humans ) whenthe alterans died, ascended and left for pegasus
                  A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

They knew of the Milky Way galaxy, just not that it contained humans who can be made to worship them.
                    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                      They knew of the Milky Way galaxy, just not that it contained humans who can be made to worship them.
                      Exactly! Maybe the Ancients just made it appear to be devoid of any life to the Ori.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Exactly! Maybe the Ancients just made it appear to be devoid of any life to the Ori.

Kinda like how Merlin made the Saangral planet disapear?
                        I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Dromag67
                          Kinda like how Merlin made the Saangral planet disapear?
                          Possibly something like that.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

merlin/morgan whatever hid a planet. the ascendeds hid only us. left an image of only planets etc. no life (well no life that can be made to power them)
                            Last edited by GreyFox; 30 September 2006, 06:48 PM.
                            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Merlin didn't hide any planet, Morgan Le Fay did. If the Ori had known about Daniel Jackson, when he was ascended, then their plan is definitely long term and has more to it than conquering a galaxy, or destroying the Ancient's.

Comment

Working...
                              X