This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Book of Origin

I thought it might be cool if we compiled all the lines in the show that quote the book of origin so we can get a better idea of what its all about.

I'll us started with the one from the quest part 1:

"The truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes"

I know there are more so feel free to post any you remember dont worry if one has already been posted there are gonna be doubles no matter what.

Originally posted by The_Fonz_Solo
    I thought it might be cool if we compiled all the lines in the show that quote the book of origin so we can get a better idea of what its all about.

I'll us started with the one from the quest part 1:

"The truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes"

I know there are more so feel free to post any you remember dont worry if one has already been posted there are gonna be doubles no matter what.
    The Book of Origin is just the writing teams' way of mocking the Old Testament and the Koran.

Archer: Lieutenant Mayweather tells me we'll be arriving at Kronos in about eighty hours. Any chance he'll be conscious by then?

Phlox: There's a chance he'll be conscious within the next ten minutes... just not a very good one.

Comment

Well that particular quote looks like something out of Buddhism or Confucianism...
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

The quote is actually very tru.

Comment

Originally posted by Brigadier General Pants
          The Book of Origin is just the writing teams' way of mocking the Old Testament and the Koran.
          I don't think so. None of the quotes resemble the Old Testament.

Anyway if you translate the Ancient "Parchment of Virtues" document from The Quest part I, the lower right hand portion of text contains some of the 23rd Psalm.

I think they were just making up the book of Origin to sound like those old proverb-like sayings, just to sound "authentic". I don't think it was "mocking" them,

Comment

Originally posted by TheAncient1
            I don't think so. None of the quotes resemble the Old Testament.

Anyway if you translate the Ancient "Parchment of Virtues" document from The Quest part I, the lower right hand portion of text contains some of the 23rd Psalm.

I think they were just making up the book of Origin to sound like those old proverb-like sayings, just to sound "authentic". I don't think it was "mocking" them,
            You don't think it was mocking when the 23rd Psalm was hacked like that.

I HATE the Ori, death to the Ori!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, anyone know where I can get a copy?? My Dad wants one like mad.

"Yeah well a lies not a lie till somebody tells the truth you know. Thats why you can't ever impress anyone, your always to busy being honest."

Comment

Working...
              X