X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Stargate SG-1: the Alliance' Back on?

Just found This article, see it here

it is very interesting, apparently we should see in November wether or not this will resume. Good news anyway I suppose!

If they found a decent developer I'm all for it. If it's another no-name group, eh...
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

as far as i know Alliance isnt back on but there is a game being developed. Stargate: Worlds

Please correct me if im wrong

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Stargate Worlds is being developed, but according to the report Alliance is in talks with a new developer, so we could have TWO Stargate games soon!
        Last edited by SGFerrit; 28 September 2006, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I knew they weren't going to just let it go! Wahoo, hope its good news and not just "Heres the press release, sorry for the delay, yeah its cancelled."
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Woohoo! Here's hoping STARGATE SG-1 : The Alliance is back on! Having the MMORPG AND the PS2/X-box/computer game would be GREAT!!

Comment

I hope it will still come out. As pathetic as it may or may not be, I would still rather have a mediocre SG-1 game than nothing (excluding SG worlds of course). From all the snippets that came out at the time, I always doubted it was a quality issue, but rather a money issue. Everyone was like "It's going to be amazing!" and then all of a sudden it was cancelled. I rememebr the previews on the DVDs looked really good. Keep those fingers crossed. Hopefully it will be great.

Comment

well if you are indeed correct then this will be amazing!! i cant wait!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

That link is from a German site, can someone tranlate it to English please?

:16 Uhr, Marcel

Stargate SG 1 weiter in Entwicklung?

Nachdem MGM (Rechte-Inhaber der Stargate-Lizenz) im Januar 2006 dem Entwickler-Studio "Perception" die Lizenz zu Stargate entzogen hatte, wurde das fast fertige Stargate SG 1: The Alliance einem anderen (bisher unbekannten) Entwicklerstudio zur Überarbeitung und Fertigstellung übergeben. Diese Überarbeitung erwies sich als deutlich zeitaufwändiger als geplant und derzeit wird noch immer an der Fertigstellung des Spiels gearbeitet. Zusätzlich verzögern ausstehende Rechtsfragen zwischen Perception, JoWooD und MGM die Arbeit. Spätestens im November will MGM ein offizielles Statement zur Lage veröffentlichen.

Comment

Originally posted by pattirose
                    That link is from a German site, can someone tranlate it to English please?

:16 Uhr, Marcel

Stargate SG 1 weiter in Entwicklung?

Nachdem MGM (Rechte-Inhaber der Stargate-Lizenz) im Januar 2006 dem Entwickler-Studio "Perception" die Lizenz zu Stargate entzogen hatte, wurde das fast fertige Stargate SG 1: The Alliance einem anderen (bisher unbekannten) Entwicklerstudio zur Überarbeitung und Fertigstellung übergeben. Diese Überarbeitung erwies sich als deutlich zeitaufwändiger als geplant und derzeit wird noch immer an der Fertigstellung des Spiels gearbeitet. Zusätzlich verzögern ausstehende Rechtsfragen zwischen Perception, JoWooD und MGM die Arbeit. Spätestens im November will MGM ein offizielles Statement zur Lage veröffentlichen.
                    Translation (using Altavista):
                    Star gate SG 1 further in development?

After MGM (right owner of the star gate license) had extracted the license from the developer entwickler-Studio "Perception" in January 2006 to star gate, that became nearly manufactured star gate SG 1: The Alliance another (unknown) Entwicklerstudio for the revision and completion hand over. This revision proved as clearly more zeitaufwaendiger than planned and at present still on the completion of the play is worked. Additionally pending legal questions between Perception, JoWooD and MGM retard the work. At the latest in November MGM wants to publish an official statement to the situation.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I made note of the site too.

Comment

Very, very unlikely, I think ...
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Actually, it is VERY likely. Another spoof of info about the Alliance was posted on stargate-project.de. I think it's going to be finished.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                            Very, very unlikely, I think ...
                            Why do you think it's unlikely Darren?
                            sigpic
                            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

These things don't tend to happen. An unfinished game that the publisher (and likely MGM, since they didn't find a new publisher and continue) was unsatisfied with and refused to released. I'd be flabbergasted if this suddenly popped up as being finished by a totally different house for publication by a new publisher, especially with MGM now touting a much bigger title in development.

I could be wrong. Maybe they found someone to finish it and want to make up for some of their losses.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                              X