This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to defeat the Wraith!

When Dr. weir was infected with nanites they went after the wraith DNA because it was in there programming. The wraith believe Atlantis is dead. They need to somehow make the wraith think they relocated to asuras and that there is a great feeding ground on the asuran planet so they will go there and be destroyed.

Originally posted by Origin1981
    When Dr. weir was infected with nanites they went after the wraith DNA because it was in there programming. The wraith believe Atlantis is dead. They need to somehow make the wraith think they relocated to asuras and that there is a great feeding ground on the asuran planet so they will go there and be destroyed.
    depends how many wraith go, if a huge fleet went the wraith may gain access to the advanced technology of the asurans...
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I don't think so. I think the asurans would never be defeated by the wraith. Plus the wraith are persistant. They would not think they were fighting machines that they could not feed apon and they would keep sending ships and those ships would get destroyed like the last.

Comment

Originally posted by Origin1981
        What makes you so sure they'd be destroyed? They wiped a whole GALAXY clear of ancients somehow. The Asurans are just slightly wankier ancients but their ships/weapons don't seem to be any better than the original.

There's got to be a reason why despite their programming the Asurans haven't actually tried to pick a fight with the Wraith in the 10,000 years between the time they were created and now.

They know about them, they still retain programming to destroy them apparently and yet they sit on that single planet and seemingly avoid confrontation with them. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
          What makes you so sure they'd be destroyed? They wiped a whole GALAXY clear of ancients somehow. The Asurans are just slightly wankier ancients but their ships/weapons don't seem to be any better than the original.

There's got to be a reason why despite their programming the Asurans haven't actually tried to pick a fight with the Wraith in the 10,000 years between the time they were created and now.

They know about them, they still retain programming to destroy them apparently and yet they sit on that single planet and seemingly avoid confrontation with them. Why?

Even though the Wraith wiped out all the Ancients, I don't think they could destroy the Asurans. The Ancients were only overrun by numbers. Everytime they tried to advance to gain some territory, they were overrun.

Now think about the Asurans. They've had over 10,000 years to grow and replicate. Didn't you hear Niam? They have a population of billions. And who knows, perhaps Asuras isn't there only world. And even if it is, how can Wraith fight someone who is made of metal? The Wraith's greatest advantage is their strength, numbers and the ability to suck out the life of people through their hands!

Asurans cancel out most of the Wraiths advantages:

1. How can Wraith feed of machines?
          2. How can Wraith be stronger than a collection of millions of nanites?
          3. The Asurans are twice as advanced as the Wraith, and by now must be much more advanced than the Lanteans were.
          If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago...

Spoiler:
          "I miss Thor..."

Baal: He's tiny - have him squeeze through the bars
          Teal'c: Assist us or I will squeeze you through these bars...

Oberoth: Lower your weapons.
          Lt. Col. Sheppard: [not moving] How much lower would you like ‘em?

[Zelenka gives, in Czech, a poetic description of the rising of Atlantis]
          Lt. Ford: You didn’t say anything that would require security clearance, did you?
          Dr. Zelenka: Security clearance?

Comment

it is so easy to lure the wraith ships to asuras

1. find a hive ship
            2.have a fight with it
            3.go into short hyperspace enough for the hive ship to detect you a few miles away
            4.the hive follow(i think)
            5. keep doing thAT til you get to asuras
            6.the replicators would detect thye wraith and attack whereas we just watch with long range sensors
            7.keep donig that til we get tired

well its just a theory might not even work
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tamilas Arrondil
              Even though the Wraith wiped out all the Ancients, I don't think they could destroy the Asurans. The Ancients were only overrun by numbers. Everytime they tried to advance to gain some territory, they were overrun.

Now think about the Asurans. They've had over 10,000 years to grow and replicate. Didn't you hear Niam? They have a population of billions. And who knows, perhaps Asuras isn't there only world. And even if it is, how can Wraith fight someone who is made of metal? The Wraith's greatest advantage is their strength, numbers and the ability to suck out the life of people through their hands!

3. The Asurans are twice as advanced as the Wraith, and by now must be much more advanced than the Lanteans were.
              I'd love to see the wraith try and take on the asurans, after SGA sent them to their planet, if SGA can take out some wraith, billions of asurans shouldn't have a problem pwning them due to all the reasons listed above. Will it happen probably not, its still funny to imagine.

Comment

The asurans have a populatiion of millions not billions and they're population is irrelevent seeing as the quite obviously have a much larger space fleet...

all your points apart from 3 deal with hand to hand combat, and point 3 can be countered by superior numbers, if the wraith stopped in fighting and sent everything they had at the asurans the asurans would most likely be annilated...

also even if they weren't the wraith would keep coming victory would only prolong the enevitable...
                Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

do you have proof of any kind that asurans are that advanced. or you are an expert in lantean tech and can tell instantly that asurans are twice as advanced as the wraith and thats much more than the lanteans were.

and you are most likely a sociologist to know that the population of asuran is in billions. niam said MILLIONS....

oooh now you're a strategist. how do you know the ancients tried to gain teritorry? and no....they werent overrun every time. in fact they could win almost every battle with the wraith. almost invincible. after a 100 years they got bored and annoyed by having to fight the wraith every single day. so they left for milkyway.

it was stated that the asuran (or whatever they call their ****ty planet) is their homeworld. and the only world. in fact they only have one city made of several atlantis type ships.

and most important...they can be brought down by energy and projectile weapons.

why couldnt the wraith be stronger??? they can withstand a powerfull gunfire from close proximity. and are still able to fight.

if a collection of nanites can ascend why couldnt it be fed upon??? they're organic afterall.

so mr.james bond think twice before shooting in dark. and most of all...imbarassing yourself with ridicouls statements.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980
                    oooh now you're a strategist. how do you know the ancients tried to gain teritorry? and no....they werent overrun every time. in fact they could win almost every battle with the wraith. almost invincible. after a 100 years they got bored and annoyed by having to fight the wraith every single day. so they left for milkyway.
                    i agree with most of what you said apart from this, the ancients were beaten they didn't simply run away because they got bored...

the ancients won almost every battle true but they still lost planets, over the course of a hundred years (shown in several episodes and the pilot), the wraith wore them down and ultimately defeated them i don't think the ancients had much of a choice...

the wraith had massive numerical superiority so basically any losses they sustained could be easily replaced but every ancient ship lost would severally damage the ancients forcing them to constantly retreat...

where as any wraith victory would tip their number advantage over the edge, a couply of victories and the ancients would be weakened and the wraith would have far more ships to throw at them the next time...

i see the war as the ancients fighting off fleets of hives only to have more show up, the ancients retreat unable to continue fighting forfeiting another world, eventually the ancients reached a point when they could no longer retreat and were forced to fight, but by then the wraith had to many ships and in the last stand the ancients where simply grinded down and tossed aside...

for many more years the ancients were sieged in atlantis but with no hope of victory they sunk the city and fled...

that is how i perceive the war based on the context of the show and whats been said (don't have a go at me because it makes perfect sense within the show to me anyway)

thats just my opinion of the ancient vs wraith war

Comment

I think this is a pretty obvious conclusion, the wraith think we are dead, the asurians are now the most advanced enemy of the humans in the pegasus galaxy, with the wraith following close behind.
                      instead of fighting both, pit them against each other, after all the wraith hate lantians, and the asurians are replicators trying to emulate thier lantian creators. and are also programed to destroy the wraith.
                      They are eventually going to clash, it is inevitable, the destruction of the wraith is literally writen in to the asurian base code. Sending the wraith a message saying " the ancients have returned prepare to meet swift retriblution for 10000's of ultimate power of the humans of this galaxy,*gate address sent to asuria* here is the homeworld of the lantians, we have assembled a army to fight to you and you will perish if you encroch on this territory"

The wraith attack the asirans and we are left with our two enemys fighting each other, the wraith will get their ass kicked by the asurians because they simply will. And then after the wraith are destroyed and the asuriasn are forced ( due to the agression thing) to eradicate them we move in with the replicator distrupor satalites and use the same 'dial every gate in the galaxy' trick and hit them all at once. We win.

Gd plan to me
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        I think this is a pretty obvious conclusion, the wraith think we are dead, the asurians are now the most advanced enemy of the humans in the pegasus galaxy, with the wraith following close behind.
                        instead of fighting both, pit them against each other, after all the wraith hate lantians, and the asurians are replicators trying to emulate thier lantian creators. and are also programed to destroy the wraith.
                        They are eventually going to clash, it is inevitable, the destruction of the wraith is literally writen in to the asurian base code. Sending the wraith a message saying " the ancients have returned prepare to meet swift retriblution for 10000's of ultimate power of the humans of this galaxy,*gate address sent to asuria* here is the homeworld of the lantians, we have assembled a army to fight to you and you will perish if you encroch on this territory"

The wraith attack the asirans and we are left with our two enemys fighting each other, the wraith will get their ass kicked by the asurians because they simply will. And then after the wraith are destroyed and the asuriasn are forced ( due to the agression thing) to eradicate them we move in with the replicator distrupor satalites and use the same 'dial every gate in the galaxy' trick and hit them all at once. We win.

Gd plan to me

realistically i think the wraith vs asuran war which is inevitably coming should (though won't neccessarily) be far more interesting that...

i agree the writers will probably do a 'reckoning' on us with the wraith getting battered then we come in with our disrupter tech and save the day at the last minute...

but the wraith/asuran war has the potential to be so much more, to show us essentially ruthless ancients and what the wraith can really do with huge fleets of hives etc...

i think they could either do it really badly or really incredably well, i'd prefer to see a more drawn out war personally...

but purely speculatorily i reckon the wraith would have the asurans (at the moment) if they threw everything they had at them but as we know from first strike...

Spoiler:
                        the asurans are rapidely building ships

but in reality we don't know enough about the asurans defenses to make a judgement, but agree with you in the sense that tptb will probably have the wraith being battered by the asurans...

Comment

The Asurans have one planet and if they had a space fleet they would have used that to attack Atlantis instead of lifting off their whole city. They also wouldn't need
                          Spoiler:
                          to build a new space fleet at the end of the season to attack Atlantis with.

The fact they're all trapped on one planet is hardly impressive either. The Ancients at one time controlled the entire pegasus galaxy, untilt he Wraith just showed up one day and then less than 100 years later THEY controlled the entire pegasus galaxy.

If they can kick the ancients out of a whole galaxy in less than 100 years they won't have a problem grinding down one planet. We don't even know if that asuran city is shielded other than the part that looks like Atlantis which was blown up. It certainly didn't seem shielded when the ancients flattened it the first time back in the day.

The wraith also have an extrmely high understanding of artificial intelligence and and freakishly effective hacking technology. The fact the Asurans are machines that can be comrpomised by the limited advanced knowledge of docter McKay working by himself tends to make me think that all the various 10,000 year old scientific minds of the Wraith civilization could probably rapidly come up with something that does a great deal more than just freeze them in place.

If I had to bet on it I'd say that was the reason they never attacked the Wraith. The ancients built a bunch of backdoors and governing rules into them so they could control them. Unforntunately these backdoors and control rules also made them vulnerable to Wraith hackers. They avoid confrontation with the Wraith because if they started something it'd likely only be a matter of time before some hivekeeper wrote some malicious program that made them all put on yellow party hats and run around crapping out their ears for the next 400 years.

Comment

The asurans probably have Drone weapons positioned all over the entire planet. Plus I'm sure they have nanite replicator drones which if it peirces the wraith ships will begin using the available materials to create replicators to infiltrate and destroy the wraith on the ships like what would happen on an asgard vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
                              i agree with most of what you said apart from this, the ancients were beaten they didn't simply run away because they got bored...

the ancients won almost every battle true but they still lost planets, over the course of a hundred years (shown in several episodes and the pilot), the wraith wore them down and ultimately defeated them i don't think the ancients had much of a choice...

the wraith had massive numerical superiority so basically any losses they sustained could be easily replaced but every ancient ship lost would severally damage the ancients forcing them to constantly retreat...

where as any wraith victory would tip their number advantage over the edge, a couply of victories and the ancients would be weakened and the wraith would have far more ships to throw at them the next time...

i see the war as the ancients fighting off fleets of hives only to have more show up, the ancients retreat unable to continue fighting forfeiting another world, eventually the ancients reached a point when they could no longer retreat and were forced to fight, but by then the wraith had to many ships and in the last stand the ancients where simply grinded down and tossed aside...

for many more years the ancients were sieged in atlantis but with no hope of victory they sunk the city and fled...

that is how i perceive the war based on the context of the show and whats been said (don't have a go at me because it makes perfect sense within the show to me anyway)

thats just my opinion of the ancient vs wraith war

yes, ancients lost the whole galaxy, but shown in the episode where they find aged weir in stasis she tells them that atlantis was wining every battle with the wraith. and that the atlantis was the last stand of the ancients who lost the war because they didnt want to use time travel to go back and fix things. so fighting off the wraith in atlantis looked hopeles for them so they retreted one last time (to mw).

and the asurans-wraith war would be similar to the 100year lantean-wraith war. the only difference would be that the asurans would never retreated or give up. so no matter the damage they sustain they would still fight. as would the wraith. eventually one would be defeated...the other one cripled. or...best case scenario both would be anihilated. we would only have to make sure no nanite survived.

i belive that only showing this war would take at least a few seasons.

also i hope that at least one ancient survives the replicator attack and he/she stays with the sga and helps out.

as for only killing the wraith...just clone ronon a 1000 times and you have a perfect killing machine....joke
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X