X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients and an almost annoyed fan!!

<<<<<<<<Minor Spoliers inc in text >>>>>>>>>

Now im not one to moan, but I wanted to put my feelings across and hopefully someone will shoot me down with some excellent explanation and I will be happy and return to being SGA and SG1's number 1 fan Now SG1 I felt had come to its conclusion, and assuming its demise leads to a few tele-movies and then a 3rd possible series im all for it so it may not be entirely a bad thing, although I do hope they tie up all the loose ends before they close the doors for good! My Beef is with SGA, we spend episode after episode striving to improve the situation and we follow them all the way, getting involved and what for!! So we can loose the ZPM in a pointless venture, loose 3 ZPM's in a lets blow them up stunt!! (Why not take all 3, leave their city powerless and blow it to kingdom come!) We loose ship after bloody ship including a frigging ancient warship!! And to top it off, ancients turn up and repossess the city, only to loose it again!! and I bet, and ill put good money on this, that all the bloody ancients will be wiped out before we come back at the end of 'the return part II' and we will loose the ZPM they brought!! im just quite frankly getting pi%&ed off with it now, and each and every episode is grinding me down more and more into saying to my friend when he asks what it was like each time, and i reply 'yeah nothing special, same sh!t nothing I didn’t expect or amazed me'. Now feel free to have a go for my moan or lack of enthusiasm but im sure im not alone and maybe i have very high expectations but im sorry I should have!! Im a Fan! /moan ends

It wasn't that bad. So they lose a ZPM and a ship etc. It makes for interesting Television.

SG-1's standing orders were to search for technology and allies in defence of the planet but they lost technology for years.

Comment

Originally posted by thedoctor
      <<<<<<<<Minor Spoliers inc in text >>>>>>>>>

Now im not one to moan, but I wanted to put my feelings across and hopefully someone will shoot me down with some excellent explanation and I will be happy and return to being SGA and SG1's number 1 fan Now SG1 I felt had come to its conclusion, and assuming its demise leads to a few tele-movies and then a 3rd possible series im all for it so it may not be entirely a bad thing, although I do hope they tie up all the loose ends before they close the doors for good! My Beef is with SGA, we spend episode after episode striving to improve the situation and we follow them all the way, getting involved and what for!! So we can loose the ZPM in a pointless venture, loose 3 ZPM's in a lets blow them up stunt!! (Why not take all 3, leave their city powerless and blow it to kingdom come!) We loose ship after bloody ship including a frigging ancient warship!! And to top it off, ancients turn up and repossess the city, only to loose it again!! and I bet, and ill put good money on this, that all the bloody ancients will be wiped out before we come back at the end of 'the return part II' and we will loose the ZPM they brought!! im just quite frankly getting pi%&ed off with it now, and each and every episode is grinding me down more and more into saying to my friend when he asks what it was like each time, and i reply 'yeah nothing special, same sh!t nothing I didn’t expect or amazed me'. Now feel free to have a go for my moan or lack of enthusiasm but im sure im not alone and maybe i have very high expectations but im sorry I should have!! Im a Fan! /moan ends
      Because it would be stupid if we always succeeded and came home with tons of powerful weapons. We lost our ZPMs trying to perfect the Arcturus-device, which would've given us the equivalent of, oh, hundreds of ZPMs.

We didn't lose the 3 ZPMs of the Asuran city because, well, they were never ours to begin with. If we'd left them there, nothing would've stopped them from dialing their home world (because I'm assuming they have more than 1 gate) or at least radiong to them to hyperdrive to them with a ship for more ZPMs.

And what exactly what were we supposed to blow them to kingdom come with? Our small supply of drones?

We've lost two Earth ships, but neither was lost on SGA. They were lost on SG-1. On SGA, we've lost random puddle jumpers, a Wraith hive ship (severely damaged) and the Orion (severely damaged and with malfunctioning shields).

We have a new ZPM in "The Tao of McKay", so I'll bet you good money we're going to get to keep the Ancient ZPM.

Tell me, what fantasy/sci-fi based TV-shows have you been watching? What kind of moronic shows have taught you that all TV shows should be about the good guys always winning and always coming home with new and big weapons?

We don't want this to turn into Dragon Ball Z when there's at least 2 new and superpowerful villains every season and we beat them after a few tries because we keep getting stronger and stronger!

Because those kinds of shows are stupid! If we got to keep every weapon we come across, we'd have the Arcturus device providing us with unlimited power (unlimited shields), we've have the Orion and tons of drones and we'd have a hive ship to assist it.

Then where would the drama be?

Comment

well maybe he's upset because the assets were lost in petty ways without living up to any of their potential.

Comment

Well i do see what your saying about Atlantis ...

They have lost alot of technology and power supply becouse of stupid mistakes , Then you do get the Ancients for 5 Mins , and they dont tell us anything use full for SG-1 or SG-A , just to get out this is are home ...

Come on there is so much they could have done with the Ancients on Atlantis , There is only 100 or so of them ... Not anuff to really get there feet wet ...

It could have tooken years for the Ancients to rebuild Atlantis , or supply Atlantis with 3 ZPMs ....

We didnt even get the TRUTH about the Asurans , and why they had nothign in the Atlantis Data base about them ... That to me was a big deal when you think of the Asurans ... They didnt even OPEN UP the city to some c9ol new technology at all with Atlantis ...

Then you have the SG-1 side of it , the Ancients are the reason that the MW is at war with the Ori ... If the Ori found out about LIVING Ancients they would want to kill them as well , But what gets me is there is NO Back story of the Ori , more details on that , or even ONE Ancients coming to the MilkyWay Galaxy to give us a hand with the Ori ( Seeing how they knew Merlin and Morgan before they Ascended ) ...

Too me the Ancients on Atlantis should have been a bigger deal , but they made it look like they where KIDS , and that everthing we have been doing for Altantis , and the battle with the Ori want important to them ...

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
            Well i do see what your saying about Atlantis ...

They have lost alot of technology and power supply becouse of stupid mistakes , Then you do get the Ancients for 5 Mins , and they dont tell us anything use full for SG-1 or SG-A , just to get out this is are home ...

Come on there is so much they could have done with the Ancients on Atlantis , There is only 100 or so of them ... Not anuff to really get there feet wet ...

It could have tooken years for the Ancients to rebuild Atlantis , or supply Atlantis with 3 ZPMs ....

We didnt even get the TRUTH about the Asurans , and why they had nothign in the Atlantis Data base about them ... That to me was a big deal when you think of the Asurans ... They didnt even OPEN UP the city to some c9ol new technology at all with Atlantis ...

Then you have the SG-1 side of it , the Ancients are the reason that the MW is at war with the Ori ... If the Ori found out about LIVING Ancients they would want to kill them as well , But what gets me is there is NO Back story of the Ori , more details on that , or even ONE Ancients coming to the MilkyWay Galaxy to give us a hand with the Ori ( Seeing how they knew Merlin and Morgan before they Ascended ) ...

Too me the Ancients on Atlantis should have been a bigger deal , but they made it look like they where KIDS , and that everthing we have been doing for Altantis , and the battle with the Ori want important to them ...
            The Ancients aren't the reason the MW is at war with the Ori. Heck, if the Ascended Ancients hadn't been shielding us for millions of years, we'd been taken over a long time ago.

The Ori only know about the Milky Way because of Daniel and Vala, who in turn used the communications device Merlin left behind.

Comment

I don't disagree or agre with this thread. I will say this, it is a bit annoying that SG-1 and now Atlantis loses every single thing they get. I think what the writers are trying to do is demonstrate the near futility of the situation and how close to catastrophe they are. But I will say, it is VERY over used. Gaining and then losing something in 2 episodes is VERY annoying, and frustrating. How many times has SG-1 had a Goa'uld mothership, Al'Kesh or Tel'tek and then lost it by the end of that episode or the next, a dozen at least. It's NOT something I want Atlantis to continue. Please find some other way to take said item out of the picture for a while. It's getting way too predictable.

And while we are talking annoyances, please for the love of god, no more alternate dimension, alternate timeline plots. And please no more Lucious Lavin. For me, that episode is the worst SGA episode of all time. Irresistable marks the first time I EVER turned off an episode. I won't be even bothering to turn on the other Lucious Lavin episode. I also would like the episodes to start getting darker, but keep some of the light hearted comedy to balance it out at times. That is the one weak spot of SGA, and why I think SG-1 is better right now. But that's just my opinion.
              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

well i reckon they should get a piece of advanced tech or a ship but only with a problem with it like the hpyerdrive is broken and what i think is that TPTB dont want it too easy for the team.
                sigpic

Comment

I think they should keep something good. Right now, you can pretty much predict what is going to happen in every episode where they get something new. It will be destroyed in less than 4 episodes like
                  Spoiler:
                  'First Strike': The Apollo will be destroyed by the Asurans.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                  X