This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone and happy new year !

After a few tries, I finally created my account and I'm glad to be part of such a great community. I've been a silent reader of Gateworld since 2010 maybe, but with the possibility of a Stargate revival, I really wanted to be more in touch with the Stargate Community and talk about a brand new show would like.

But first, I'd like to introduce myself : French fan here, which explains my very very bad english ... But, I promise, I'll do my best to improve it ! So, please, excuse me if my posts are weird or awful to read !

I'm in my late 20s and when I'm not on Internet, talking about comics, Fantasy and SF, I teach French, Italian and European Litterature, from High School to College.

Obviously, like everyone else here, Stargate has been a huge part of my life and I was devastated when they cancelled the show, even if Universe was not really my cup of tea (I loved the story but the characters ? Not so much ...). I used to come here like every day, hoping to see an announcement : a SGA movie, a SGU season 3, anything Stargate related. Even the crappy games on smartphone. And then ... Then they sold the gate :/

I discovered this show (and the first movie) back in 1997, and it instantly became a ritual to watch the adventures of the SGC every saturday, times and times again, from Earth to the City of Atlantis, and I really hope to see a new show that can bring back the same feeling of pure joy, while we discover new planets, new cultures and new characters.

But enough talking for now ! I'll see you on the over side of the gate ... Or just on another topic I guess ...

Comment

Pounding on bars and chanting.. New meat!!!!

FH will begin figuring out how to serve you soon. What sauces and condiments go good with you?

Oh, and welcome.

Comment

Wow... it's busy in the newbie restaurant... But that's okay, we haven't had Newbie on the menu for a while!

Bienvenue chez Gateworld!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Wow... it's busy in the newbie restaurant... But that's okay, we haven't had Newbie on the menu for a while!

I'll have my secret rib sauce ready for you in a jiffy

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            What sauces and condiments go good with you?

Oh, and welcome.
            Let's go for some mayonnaise, with a bit of ketchup and if you've got soja sauce, that's even better !

Oh, and thanks a lot !

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            Merci beaucoup, c'est vraiment parfait !

Comment

FH: Are you slacking again? At the point in the process, the meal certainly shouldn't be able to speak.

Comment

FH: Are you slacking again? At the point in the process, the meal certainly shouldn't be able to speak.
                I thought it would be best to wait till after they given the sauce suggestions.

Comment

Hi everyone
                  It's been years I haven't been posting in a forum, so it's a little weird for me to do it now.

But thanks to the confinement in France, I have this lifetime chance to finally watching the whole series. Because I only watched the few last seasons of sg1 and the few first of Altantis.

I have to admit, I wasn't sure I was going to like it that much, but now here I am, having the urge to share my enthusiasm about that universe.

I just can't get enough of Teal'c attitude, low voice and his powerful yet calm little head bows.
                  Also I want that pair of thick round black glasses O'Neill possesses.

It's amazing to think of the fact that when that forum was created, the shows weren't done airing yet. I don't really know yet in which threads I will be participating.

Anyway, have a good day !

Comment

FH: Wake up! Time too cook a newbie. Better set the grill on high, though... 6 foot social distancing and all..

ps: welcome to the boards.

Comment

*scrambles the BBQ together and creates a 6 foot perimeter around it*

KEEP 1 VELOCIRAPTOR BETWEEN YOU AND THE NEXT PERSON PLEASE!!

Originally posted by Razibot View Post
                      Hi everyone
                      It's been years I haven't been posting in a forum, so it's a little weird for me to do it now.
                      Bienvenue! Welcome!

Originally posted by Razibot View Post
                      I don't really know yet in which threads I will be participating.
                      The episode threads -- you really can't go wrong with those. And there are always a few of us around to happily converse with you about your episode experience.

Comment

Thank you thank you !
                        Oh gosh, there's one thread for each episode, how very convenient !! Perfect. Because I almost always have a comment for each.

Comment

Welcome Razibot and have fun! I think discussing things on forums is so much better than having discussions on Facebook and the like (I wish that was a more popular opinion lol).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            Welcome Razibot and have fun! I think discussing things on forums is so much better than having discussions on Facebook and the like (I wish that was a more popular opinion lol).
                            Facebook sucks.

Comment

Facebook sucks.
                              Yes, it does. The reply/comment section of any post in most groups (and even some personal posts) no matter how innocuous the the original post, are usually filled with personal attacks and hate for one thing or another.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi, my name is Jeff and i am new to this wonderful site. Love a lot of classic shows and just getting back into Stargate.
                                I like a lot of tv and find myself watching them way more than movies. Especially now during this trying time. I am always open to suggestions if anyone has a show or two to recommend.

I am a huge fan of Fringe. I love that show so much. I've been trying to find out who owns the streaming rights. A friend told me Disney bought it and that i should wait for it to be added to Disney Plus instead of buying it. If anyone here knows if this is true or not i will be your bff for life.

Comment

Working...
                                X