X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanja Droverson View Post
    I'll be 45 this year!
    Old in Stargate years?
    Yeah, I don't know... I think I meant that it seems like ages ago since Stargate first aired on TV here (here being Belgium) and how time flies, and it reminds of our long gone youth...

...and I'm going to shut up now.

Anywho, welcome!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Yeah, I don't know... I think I meant that it seems like ages ago since Stargate first aired on TV here (here being Belgium) and how time flies, and it reminds of our long gone youth...

...and I'm going to shut up now.

Anywho, welcome!
      Thanks!

Comment

Hi, I am Alfie, nurse, mother, grandmother, I thank my parents everyday for introducing me to the world of Science Fiction, starting all those years ago with a British icon, Dr Who, still loving it by the way, I came across the Stargate worlds when they were first aired in the UK all though years ago and my love and enthusiasm has not diminished, so its nice to be apart of this forum, thanks for the welcome and looking forward to participating xx????????????

Comment

Hello,

New to the Forum. I'm a Canadian that is currently going through a Stargate re-watch on my DVD's (on Season 9 of SG-1 and 2 of Atlantis). I remember watching both series when they first aired, but have forgotten a lot of the stories. I'm really enjoying the re-watch and am happy to have found this site/forum.

I'm also a huge action figure collector and have started adding to my Stargate collection again -and it's not cheap!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            Hi, I am Alfie, nurse, mother, grandmother, I thank my parents everyday for introducing me to the world of Science Fiction, starting all those years ago with a British icon, Dr Who, still loving it by the way, I came across the Stargate worlds when they were first aired in the UK all though years ago and my love and enthusiasm has not diminished, so its nice to be apart of this forum, thanks for the welcome and looking forward to participating xx????????????
            Originally posted by Medic1849 View Post
            Hello,

New to the Forum. I'm a Canadian that is currently going through a Stargate re-watch on my DVD's (on Season 9 of SG-1 and 2 of Atlantis). I remember watching both series when they first aired, but have forgotten a lot of the stories. I'm really enjoying the re-watch and am happy to have found this site/forum.

I'm also a huge action figure collector and have started adding to my Stargate collection again -and it's not cheap!!!
            Welcome to both of you *places bowl with cookies" have yourself some of those and enjoy your stay here

Comment

Newbies!!

*runs to start the BBQ*

Welcome! Welcome!

Comment

How do I find ( My control Panel ) on Gateworld for iPhone.. I’m trying to change password so I can open profile on a Laptop.
                CRAZY IRISH GUY :

Puddle Jumper Pilot- Sheppard - Asmir
                Scientist - McKay - Shirt n' Tie
                Scientist - Zalenka- Bar
                Cook and able body - Ronon - Master Bray Tack .
                Crazy Irish Guy Was Here .

Spoiler:
                Are we Geeks or Nerds

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
                  How do I find ( My control Panel ) on Gateworld for iPhone.. I’m trying to change password so I can open profile on a Laptop.
                  It's under user settings now.

Comment

If you are logged in, tap your username on the new stripe at the very top of any page, then choose "User Settings" from the drop-down menu.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi all, I will not be here long so no need to light the barbie Falcon.
                      Darren, New Posts is now down to 45 over 4 pages, but only 16 are actually new.

The "You do not have authorization to view this page" is because I was being Moderated on the previous incarnation of Vbulletin, & now I am not given this box & allowed to post.

I hope this helps you understand the problem & sort it out.

PS, I went into my profile as Knight Owl & was able to get my own Avatar (as a probie). Whether it shows up is another thing

Comment

Originally posted by Knight Owl View Post
                        Darren, New Posts is now down to 45 over 4 pages, but only 16 are actually new.
                        I've been attempting to optimize the settings here, and "New Posts" is now set to retrieve posts made in the last week. It isn't restricted to your unread posts. Unread posts appear bold in the search results.

The "You do not have authorization to view this page" is because I was being Moderated on the previous incarnation of Vbulletin, & now I am not given this box & allowed to post.

I hope this helps you understand the problem & sort it out.
                        I have been revamping the forum permissions for six different usergroups for days. It would help if you can tell me what forum folder or thread you are in, and where you see the authorization message (or attach a screeenshot) so that I can track this down. I also need to know the username you are viewing it under so that I can confirm the usergroup.

Everyone other than banned users should be able to see the reply box at the bottom of a thread (unless the thread is closed). If you can't it doesn't mean you are banned, or that your current moderation status has changed ... just that vB5's creators conspired to take my whole damn week away from me.

Comment

I understand you & feel your pain, honestly. A straight forward upgrade has proved to be anything but. And I know you are getting complaints all over the place, & of course it is all your fault (the buck stops at the top). I blame Vbulletin for everything, not you. But that is little consolation because it is you who has to sort it all out.

OK, I already worked out that actual 'New' posts were bold, as opposed to the rest which appeared greyish (I sent you an email to that effect, but Who Knows) and now I can get banned for having 2 accounts.

Pretty much all the forums I have visited tell me I am not authorized to view what I have already viewed (which gives me a chuckle, but I know it is serious) I tried opening the original 1st post of threads (first page 'Not Authorized ....') then going to the last post/page (Still "not Authorized....)

The user name I am viewing these problem in ... Well, Who Knows. Tell me, because I really don't know, can I log in as Who Knows, take a screen shot & print it as Knight Owl on the forum.
                          Who knows could post on the old forum, but could not post PMs/Notifications, which also amused and frustrated me.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Please do not ban both of me for trying to help, just delete Knight Owl once this is sorted out. The light is still on at the end of the tunnel, if only the workers would stop moving the end further away.

Comment

Yeah, I hoped the upgrade would take a week of my life, and it's been three. vBulletin changed a ton of stuff in version 5, including adding and moving permission settings, and didn't do much to tell me when I purchased and downloaded the upgrade.

I am continuing to work my way through permissions (again), but hopefully the banned message is gone under your main account now. If not, please let me know over in this thread.

Comment

Well I now have the box (obviuosly, because you are using t. Doh )
                              Now lets see if the Mods still have to watch me, or can get on with helping you to sort the site out.
                              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Hi all, I will not be here long so no need to light the barbie Falcon.
                                Who Knows is a (k)night owl? Who knew...

Comment

Working...
                                X