Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should probably post something here . . . I've been a Stargate fan (as in watching it incessantly) for about a year now, though I saw a few episodes in syndication before I really got into it. I basically started watching on Sci-Fi on Monday nights last summer because I was working ten hours a day and living all alone in an apartment, so I didn't have much of a social life! A friend of mine really was the one who encouraged me to watch, and it got me through my otherwise boring summer.

So, yeah. Um, I'm a graduate student, studying microbiology. I'm a fan of sci-fi, though I never could stand any of the Star Trek shows. I am a fan of Quantum Leap (there's an old one) and The X-Files, and have been trying to find time to watch some of the newer sci-fi shows.

I've never been directly involved with an online fandom, but I do tend to lurk, and was so impressed with the new board layout I felt compelled to join. So that's that.

-Kay Brooke

Comment

Hello all! I am brand new to this forum, and I have no idea if I am doing this right, so bear with me please! I have only participated in one other BBoard and it didn't take me too long to figure that one out, so hopefully it will be the same case here! I have been watching SG-1 for about 2 years, I own them all on DVD so I have seen just about every episode! There are still a couple that sneak up on me that I have not seen! As you can tell by my screen name I am a Michael Shanks devotee! Lexa is such a lucky girl, isn't she? I am from Missouri and I have a 4 year old that keeps me pretty busy, as well as working a full time job! I will be a Mon-Fri poster as I do not have much of a chance to get on line away from the office. I look forward to meeting new friends here, I already recognize a couple names from the other BBoard! Thank you for all the warm welcomes!

Lexa
      Lexa

AWW Tartersauce! - Spongebob Squarepants

Comment

Hi! I love GateWorld but was never really fond of Delphi, the blinking adverts gave me fits... not literally.
        Saw the movie a 'few' times, if by few you mean 20. Saw the show in syndi a couple times but could never really get into it since I never quite caught an entire episode...
        Really got into it this season and now own a couple of box sets (more to follow when I have the $) and watch on Mondays and Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and well you get the idea... That is when I am not studying for Anthro finals and writing papers for my profs...

Later!
        "Now we wait for the Giaaant Alieens." - Nick Ballard

Comment

I am from Conover, NC, USA and work for the local Cable Company here. (Actually one of the largest Cable Providers in the US). I'm 33, married with 2 kids (that I am corrupting into SG-1 fans at a young age).

I have been a fan of Stargate since the movie and watched SG-1 from day one on Showtime. I am a big fan of all things Trek, Star Wars, B5, and most general Sci-Fi & Fantasy genres.

Oh and I did have TLW until CW stole it from me!!!

--Tom

*pout*
          Thomas G Sluder
          Smyrna, DE, USA

Comment

not corrupting kids... the Gruesome Twosome are not only fans, they're shippers!!
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
              not corrupting kids... the Gruesome Twosome are not only fans, they're shippers!!
              Gawd I love those kids!

And welcome to all the new members. Come and play with us. We don't bite. Much.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

hey just wanted to put out a big wave...the forum looks great. i changed my name on here so just to let pple know i was cute chipmunk on delphi before.
                check u guys later
                x ali x
                Huh?

Comment

I'm a newbie here! I've watched the show from the beginning and was immediately hooked! Hope to talk to all of you soon.
                  "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Hi,
                    My name is Cathy and I have been watching Stargate S G - 1 for about a year now. I have loved science fiction most of my life and I either watch or read what I can. This looks like a good place and I hoping I will enjoy myself her.

Thank - you

Cathy
                    The Timeline Continuum is steady and strong. Throw it off and everything goes wrong.

Comment

Welcome to GateWorld, Cathy!
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi All! Guess I should have posted here first? I posted a bit on the Delphi Forum, but got tired of managing it, so great job on the new forum format! Thanks!

Stargate fan from waaay back, here...Day 1 on Showtime. I live in San Francisco with my husband and various four-legged critters. We're currently rewatching S1-7 during the hiatus. Scary, it is...but loads of fun! Lots of comments from the peanut gallery.

Cheers,
                        mo
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Hi !
                          I'm from France and in the middle of watching Stargate's season 7.
                          I've been a fan since the beginning.
                          Please keep going with this friendly forum. Great job done here.

Lys
                          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                            Hi MC, thanks to Darren i can post here atlast! To all a little about me, loved sg1 from the start, from the UK and i workin a local museum. Speak to you all inother threads.
                            **squeals with joy, throws Tara to the ground in a big bear hug**

so very glad you made it!
                            sigpic

Comment

*wanders in*

*waves*

Well, I made it. Took me a while, but I'm here. Glad to see so many friendly faces have moved over from the Delphi Forum. I was a little nervous about moving into unknown territory, but I'm really finding it easy to navigate here. I'm keeping it simple for now, though, so as not to confuse myself!

See y'all around!
                              Always remember to smile. People will wonder what you're up to.

Comment

Hi everybody

I'm Lugal. I've only gotten into Stargate in the last few years (don't have Showtime). I used to hang out on the Scifi Channel Farscape boards, years ago.

As for me, I'm kinda like a real life Daniel Jackson, except the ascension thing, into ancient cultures, mythology and languages (the more obscure the better).

Comment

Working...
                                X