This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Sounds like it might be worse than a crock pot. They don't leave any flavor either.
    hey I get plenty of flavor from crockpot cooking....maybe you're just not doing it right

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      hey I get plenty of flavor from crockpot cooking....maybe you're just not doing it right
      I don't actually use one, although I have 3 of the things collecting dust somewhere in the basement.
      I just remember my mother used one when we were growing up.
      She would put a chunk of perfectly good red meat into one, along with some sort of broth, and formerly growing plant matter, and 8-ish hours later, we would get served an utterly flavorless pile of food.

Comment

So basically you are saying your mother was a terrible cook. That's not the crockpot's fault
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Pretty much.

I love crockpot stews, they can have more depth of flavour than most foods out there.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

At least I didn't end up addicted to bacon.

Comment

I don't actually use one, although I have 3 of the things collecting dust somewhere in the basement.
              I just remember my mother used one when we were growing up.
              She would put a chunk of perfectly good red meat into one, along with some sort of broth, and formerly growing plant matter, and 8-ish hours later, we would get served an utterly flavorless pile of food.
              meat, broth, and veggies would be pretty flavorless...evidently she never heard of fresh garlic, herbs, and spices and condensed "cream of" soups or french onion dip/soup mix

I've made a simple crockpot meal with stew beef, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of condensed cheddar cheese soup, and a packet of french onion dip mix that had plenty of flavor and served it over egg noodles

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                meat, broth, and veggies would be pretty flavorless...evidently she never heard of fresh garlic, herbs, and spices and condensed "cream of" soups or french onion dip/soup mix

I've made a simple crockpot meal with stew beef, a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of condensed cheddar cheese soup, and a packet of french onion dip mix that had plenty of flavor and served it over egg noodles
                You can still be creative, Annoyed has no such sense.
                sigpic

Comment

Well hello everyone!

I was told you’re all a friendly bunch. I’m here for everything StargÅte

Comment

Originally posted by Iaw84u View Post
                    Well hello everyone!

I was told you’re all a friendly bunch. I’m here for everything StargÅte
                    Lies! All lies!

Someone wake FH up, she's on BBQ duty this week.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Iaw84u View Post
                      I was told you’re all a friendly bunch.
                      That would have been me... so don't listen to what Annoyed says. He's just kidding.

Lies! All lies!
                      I'm trying to lure them in... don't spoil it now.

Someone wake FH up, she's on BBQ duty this week.
                      It'll be a Spanish themed BBQ -- I'm in this region that is known for it's fish sauce. The Romans "invented" it.
                      I hear it's pretty good.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hi all, I suppose I should probably introduce myself as I'm new.

I'm Lindsey, from the UK and I've been a fan of Stargate since the first film. Currently doing a re-watch of both Stargate and Atlantis, currently working my way through S1 of Stargate, and part way through S4 of Atlantis. I've paused S4 of Atlantis for the moment because that's my fave season of Atlantis. I'm rewatch both mainly because it's been awhile and I met Connor Trinneer about 3 weeks ago so wanted to have a rewatch.

As well as Stargate I also love Star Trek, Star Wars, Chicago PD, Outlander, A Discovery of Witches, Chicago Fire, Marvel. And various other films and tv shows. I love to read, and I also write fanfiction, I'm currently on some ideas for a couple of Atlantis fics. One of which will probably be a crossover with SG.1. I'm not a huge fan of Stargate Universe, but I do like it.

Anyway, that's all for now.
                        sigpic
                        He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Welcome to the BBQ, just hop on a rack and we will deal with you shortly
                          sigpic

Comment

I haven't smoked meat in a long time
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Welcome to the BBQ, Sassenach!

Looking forward to the main course.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                I haven't smoked meat in a long time
                                Have you seen the new barbecue ? Uses phasers instead of wood for heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X