• Show
Clear All

Well, they are pretty weird over there.

Comment

It's gonna be salty -- that's for sure.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We'll see how the newb tastes. If it is too salty, we just won't let the British cook the newbs anymore. We'll make the Belgians do it.

Comment

Waffled noobs, loverly
          And I missed the turn off for the Channel Tunnel
          sigpic

Comment

Get me some calamari while you are in the water
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

No probs, does one BBQ that, and if so, what does it taste like, I have had it fried once
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                But a lot are damn close though -- depends how much resources were available.

The downside of having studied history (archaeology and assyriology) is that sometimes (read: most times) it ruins a good entertaining film or series (see Knightfall).
                The movie industry loves its "artistic license" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by unscheduled traveller View Post
                  The movie industry loves its "artistic license" lol.
                  LOL, yeah they do.

Oh my goddess, you should have seen me and my sister (who is an Assyriologist) when we went to see Troy. We cringed through the entire film.

Comment

You should of brought BBQ
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      LOL, yeah they do.

Oh my goddess, you should have seen me and my sister (who is an Assyriologist) when we went to see Troy. We cringed through the entire film.
                      Every time I see Cecil B. DeMille's Ten Commandments parting of the Red Sea and think, it;s the sea of reeds, a swamp, not miles of very deep sea.

Comment

Every time I see Cecil B. DeMille's Ten Commandments parting of the Red Sea and think, it;s the sea of reeds, a swamp, not miles of very deep sea.
                        But it makes for better drama....

Comment

Actually according to wikipedia the Red Sea is over 200 miles wide at its widest point and its maximum depth is over 3000 meters. It does have a lot of shallow shelves. Don't forget that Moses was leading people out of Egypt. We don't know which part of the sea they were trying to cross to get out of Egypt....they could've been going to a part of what is today known as Saudi Arabia back then to escape from Egypt. they very well could've been crossing a very wide and very deep part of the sea. Guess the only way to know for sure is to scour the sea's floor and see if any remnants of Pharoah's chariots can be found (though its possible that after that many millenia the chariots might have decayed and rotted). Just sayin'

Comment

Well once the sea dropped back it would have pummeled the beejeezuz outta everything as well
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi ! I'm new here, don't know why I hadn't register before ... I've been a lurker for years (fanfiction topics)

I'm not original but I've been addicted to this show since it was first broadcast here (1998, every sunday evening)

As I grew older I became (of course ) a Sam&Jack shipper ....

On a more private side I'm from France, south of France actually, 2 dogs, 1 cat following me everywhere

Glad to be among you

Alexandra

Comment

Warm up the BBQ!

(Translation: Welcome to the boards)

Comment

Working...
                                X