Page 5 of 914 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105505 ... LastLast

Smile Re: Welcome, New Members!

Hi ladies and gentlemen

I'm Mike from the UK - I was a member of the old Gateworld Forum but due to exams and other events I have been unable to post on the new forum as often as I would like. As my exams are finished and I have the next three months off I will hopefully be venturing onto this forum more often.

I've just finished my last year at 6th form (college) and plan to go to University next year to study Interactive Media (Web Pages etc)
    I've been a fan of Stargate since the film and the premiere of Children of The Gods ages ago on Channel 4 and season 8 looks like its gonna b one hell of a season.

My favourite character is O'Neill and my favourite episodes are The Serpents Lair, Thor's Chariot, Secrets, The Fifth Race and well loads.

Smile Re: Welcome, New Members!

Hi all,

My name is Matt. I did not have the oppurtunity to post at the old gateworld forums, probably due to the fact that I didn't even know about this site. My favorite show now is Star Trek: Enteprise(ducks under gun fire), but SG-1 is in a close second. Hopefully SGA will come to tie ENT as my favorite show when it airs.

My favorite SG-1 character is O'Neill. My favorite episodes are Window of Oppurtunity and Lost City Pt. 2.

Destiny Angel
    (Moderator)
    Body: UK; Soul: NZ; Spirt: out among the stars

Default Re: Welcome, New Members!

Welcome Mike and Matt. I look forward to seeing you in the discussions!

Well, apparently I'm new....... But I've been a fan of SG-1 for awhile. I've been hanging around Gateworld for awhile as well, but never got up the motivation to join. But I finally did, being motivated by the fact that there will be even more to talk about with Atlantis coming up. Also, this seemed like a much better place to argue about Stargate, than yelling at Family members.

My favorite character is Dr. Janet Fraiser, and my favorite episodes would have to be "Window of Opportunity", "Beneath the Surface", "Upgrades", and "Tangent". As you can probably tell, I like Season 4 the best.
    N.I.D.

Cool Re: Welcome, New Members!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Welcome welcome, all you wacky new people!
    We're seeing a small flood of new members this week, with the big season premiere just hours away in the U.S. Thanks for joining up. (If you're still lurking ... join up! Post a hello here so we know you're there!)
    Hopefully between now and the Atlantis premiere next Friday our small flood will turn into a bone fide torrent!
    ...~-=*INCOMING TRAVELLER*=-~...

Hey ho hello, campers! Comtraya. Tek Ma Tay (or however you spell it). Be well. Greetings and Salutations...
    Thanks for the welcome Darren.
    Yes, I'm delurking! Why?
    1) I need a Stargate fix before this coming Friday - Stargate Heaven:
    Friday 16 July 2004
    6:00 PM
    FROM STARGATE TO ATLANTIS: A SCI FI LOWDOWN
    7:00 PM
    STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 8)
    NEW ORDER (2-HOUR PREMIERE)
    9:00 PM
    STARGATE ATLANTIS
    RISING (2-HOUR PREMIERE)
    11:00 PM
    STARGATE ATLANTIS
    RISING (2-HOUR PREMIERE)
    1:00 AM
    FROM STARGATE TO ATLANTIS: A SCI FI LOWDOWN
    2) I want to be part of the torrent influx of newbies.
    3) I like this board set up a whole lot more then Delphi.
    4) ...because... I'm delurking for Darren and everyone at Gatecon. Just because I couldn't go to Gatecon this year, doesn't mean I can't have fun elsewhere - including stargate forums... which may be slower than usual due to the 800+ people going to Gatecon.

A little about myself besides being a Stargate Fan and what you'll find in my profile:
    I'm shy, so be nice. I'm old enough to drink and drive in the States (not together of course). I like snowboarding and inline skating - and most sports for that matter. If you've seen me around at other forums, you probably know I like greeting newbies as well as helping them find their way around. Although I missed the Stargate Creation Con in Burbank and will be missing Gatecon, I'm hoping to catch the cast and crew at other cons and venues this summer (There's a lot more then usual this year!). I guess that's it for now. *puts back on the "mysterious" cloak*

I may not post much or lurk here often, but I'm sure you can find me elsewhere at various stargate forums... check the sig.

*stands up* Hello, my name is Jen and I am hopelessly addicted to Sci Fi. I love Stargate (obviously) and am anxiously awaiting the premiere of Stargate Atlantis. I've been watching Stargate SG-1 since 1999 I believe. I actually registered here a few days ago, but I'm really lazy so I haven't posted anything.

Airman

Hello children!

I'm a new guy. I think that about covers it.

Chief Master Sergeant Yu Huang Shang Ti's Avatar

Even though I've been a fan since I first started catching reruns in syndication (about a year before Scifi picked it up, I believe), I suppose it took the excitement of Atlantis to motivate me into registration. Looking forward to throwing in my two cents here and there!

Edit: It says I have zero posts, even though this is a post? Hrm...

Hi and Welcome to Gateworld! Always great to see new fans!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yu Huang Shang Ti
    Edit: It says I have zero posts, even though this is a post? Hrm...
    I think that posts in the Off-World section do not count towards post tallies, which would explain why my post count is low.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

hell everyone

My name is Joey. Been a fan of the site for a long time but never posted on the forum. Im a fan of all sci-fi including SG1, Trek, Farscape, B5 and so forth. Hope to some more discussion to a already great site

capt

Hey, I'm Erik, I recently joined Chevron Nine and figured I'd join here too as I'd been a lurker for a long time and thought it'd be a good idea to be able to reply to some things rather than just sit and hope someone else would reply in a similar manner that I would've.

As I mentioned over in the other forum, I'm a Physics major and also a mod of the Sci-Fi board over at www.tvshowboards.com/sci-fi We've got a Stargate theme this month which has been pretty fun so far.

-Bloodaxe

Hey all, I'm brand new here, and I was introduced to the site by a friend of mine - Rocket4477 - Just introducing myself, hopefully I will become a regular poster and get to know y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx
    Hey all, I'm brand new here, and I was introduced to the site by a friend of mine - Rocket4477 - Just introducing myself, hopefully I will become a regular poster and get to know y'all.
    So, mods, do we get anything for refering new members? Cash, bonus posts, free DVDs (of Stargate)?

Hahahah, Yeah nice, The referer should get something
    Video Game killa - Find me in UT2k4, Battlefield Vietnam, or Socom 2 and learn what "Schooled" really means!

Second Lieutenant

Hello, I'm pretty new, used to be Iloveosiris on the old board but didn't like Delphi, it was wayyy to hard to use and I like vB boards anyway. Love the new forum and Atlantis and can't wait for more Stargate!!!

Hello all, Im katy from Wales but Iam currently in Malta staying with family

Look forward to talking to you all

chalice76

Hello all! I have just joined the forum and thought I would get my first post under my belt!! Anywho, I am 27 years old and currently live in NE Ohio, although I am hoping to move to a warmer climate within the next year or two. As for Stargate, I have been obsessed for about a year and a half or so....even though it feels like I've been a fan forever! I think what got me hooked was the character of Daniel. Mainly the fact that he is so passionate about learning and so intelligent. It didn't hurt that he's so darn cute, too But his sheer excitement for learning new things is what brought me to the Stargate Universe in the first place. Now I can't get enough! Well, that's about it for me. I hope to be posting a little here and there, but I have a lot of threads to read!!! Ciao![COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
    Last edited by chalice76; July 22nd, 2004 at 08:01 PM. Reason: bad typer!!!!

DVDs Re: Welcome, New Members!

Hi all- just joined. I only recently got really into Stargate. I've watched old syndicated SG-1 off and on for a while and only really started watching late into season 7. I've been playing a little catchup (and amassing a DVD collection, so far I have seasons 1 and 2) So far I'm enjoying SG-1 season 8 and Atlantis

Hi, I'm new here. I've been into Stargate for quite a while and I love it. I'm just some 15 year old boy who plays games all day or watches stargate. That's me. I like funny stuff to! I think Colonel O'neill is really funny lol.

Can anyboby tell me how to get to my control panel?

Welcome to the zillions of new members who joined up in July! Our membership screamed skyward with the premieres of SG-1 and Atlantis. You are all most welcome. Make yourselves at home (just keep your feet off the coffee table!).

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com