Page 3 of 915 FirstFirst 1234561353103503 ... LastLast

Default Re: Welcome, New Members!

Hi, I'm new to the Gateworld forums since they have been revamped (they look great by the way). I am 16 and live in southern Illinois. I am the global moderator at Chevron Nine. It's a great site dedicated to the spinoff, Atlantis. Check us out sometime.

Probie

Well, I thought I would just give a shout out to all y'all. My posts on the old forums were few and very far between, but hopefully that will change here.

Hello All At Gateworld

well this isnt my first time at Gateworld has i have been an avid reader of this site for a long time, loving the new forum!!!!!!!!its sooo good.

Well i have been in to all things sci fi and other shows for a very long time now, i watched the x-files from when it first on the BBC over here and fell in love with it and have been a major big fan all the way through (even series 5,8,9) then i got into everything else like THe Next Generation, Quantum Leap, Buffy, ect (also Ref Dwarf!i know its a comedy to).

The i found stargate and loved that show from the beginning!!its a fantastic show, great acting, scripts, effects and all that. its a great whole 45 minutes of escapism (Sp???)

anyways, glad to be a member here and look forward to posting more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep up the good work Gateworld!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gillian x x x x

Yeah Sure You Betcha

Hi,

I thought I might introduce myself as well....I'm rather old compared to some of you, I'm 31 already....
    I'm working on my PhD right now, I'm doing linguistics and Egyptology, and I have to admit that Stargate (the film) was one of the reasons that finally made me make up my mind to do Egyptology as well...I know, that sounds weird

Some of my friends keep accusing me of sounding like Daniel sometimes...I know why I like him

Apart from that, I'm a thoroughbred geek girl, having been raised on Star Trek and such shows since I was about 5 years old (my mother's fault, she's into that stuff as well)

I also write and draw and take artsy photographs and delight in being a pain in the a**** (I once almost got kicked out of the cinema when watching "The Mummy" and I started complaining about the Egyptian they spoke )

Cheers,

Iskandra
    http://www.alexandra-velten.net/pix/iskandrasig.jpg
    Thanks to bling for the great sig!
    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Re: Welcome, New Members!

Wow... I like what you've done to the place.

Hello. I'm not new, well, not really. Used to go by the name of gaterscaper and lurked quite a bit in ye ol' delphi place.

I've been good and haven't looked up season 7/8 spoilers. (Okay, I did. Ages ago. But I've forgotten all about it now - honest - found out what happens in Heroes by accident. It's hard not to spoil yourself when you're the webmaster of an SG-1 music video site!).

Erm. I never have much to say and often babble. Sorry!
    (",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
    http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
    http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Quote Originally Posted by (",) Gater
    Wow... I like what you've done to the place.

Hello. I'm not new, well, not really. Used to go by the name of gaterscaper and lurked quite a bit in ye ol' delphi place.
    Gater!!! *waves & jumps up & down excitedly* You made it!

Nice to see you here!

Sis

You guys should know me pretty well by now and I've already put in a few posts in the SG folders. Still getting used to the new format but still hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by thelittlesis
    Gater!!! *waves & jumps up & down excitedly* You made it!

Nice to see you here!

Sis
    *jumps up and down excitedly as well*

I'll see you in the food fight thread! Mwhahahaha.
    (",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
    http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
    http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Thumbs up Re: Welcome, New Members!

Just gotta say its about time GateWorld expanded more.
    This format is also very spiffy.
    ====+
    Sg-1 fan since the beginning - till the end

Good to see all of you!

You might have known me before as "spazdance" on the Delphi Forums. I know that it's probably pretty difficult for anyone to see the resemblance between the two names, but try to humor me.

I like the format, felt a bit bombarded at first, but it was definitely in a good way. ;p

I'm an American, a younger one, and very... unique. Yes. We'll go with "unique." That's a safe word.

neverleftcrazy

Ah right Rope er Gate um place.. ya place is a good word. Anyway hi all I am on and posting for the first time I have always loved SG and probably always will. Anyway just thought I would anounce Myself.

trishabella

Hello all

Taking this opportunity to re-introduce myself. Used to play on the old forum many moons ago under the name Mehitabella

Haven't been following SG quite as fanatically as I used to, but I don't half miss the folks on here.

Hope to see ya'll more often!

Staff Sergeant

Talking Re: Welcome, New Members!

Hi everyone! *waves*

Still relatively new to the forum. In fact this is the first forum I've ever joined in so still trying to find my way around and not stepping into other regular forumer's shoes. I've posted up a few topics and replied to a few threads, but still pretty much in lurkdom and just happily reading other peoples post.

I'm from Australia, but not born here. I'm a mother of 2 and happily married. Been a fan of Stargate since the movie and the first episode of SG1 and will be till the curtain goes down and the fat lady sings! I will of course see what Stargate: Atlantis has to offer, if it will be showed in Australia, and reserve my judgement until then.

In the meantime, just want to say this place rocks! And I'll be seeing you all later.
    If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

MackErin

Lightbulb Re: Welcome, New Members!

Hello everyone. My name is Erin and I am from the United States. I live near where Stargate: SG-1 is filmed. Kinda. And I got interested in the show when it first came out. Though, it wasn't until recently that I decided to go on the internet and find fansites and information on the show. Wow, I had no idea that there were soo many fans! In all my friends, I am the only one who watches the show. My friends call me a nerd, but hey, if the shoe fits! No but really, I really love the show and the actors! By the way, Michael Shanks is hot! But anyways. If you want to welcome me, go right ahead, if not, your loss!

Go ahead and send me a message!

Hi, I'm Jeff, as my name may well imply. I live in Florida and I'm a huge fan of several prominent science fiction shows. My favorites are Farscape and Stargate. I'm sixteen years old and I'm glad to be here. My favorite character is Daniel. He's just so cool! I hope Atlantis has great characters and story development like SG-1!

Airman

Hi everyone! Been reading up on the news pages, but I've only just started to post here today. I've been watching Stargate for quite a few years now, and I recently got hold of the entire DVD collection.

FirestarXL

Cool Re: Welcome, New Members!

Hello all.

I just decided to register since I saw you had the shiny new vB3 forums. I've been into Stargate for ages now, and I've swung by the ole Gateworld site more than once in the past. I'm an experienced forum lurker in general, this username is my game/forum name so you may have seen it around in other places (this Internet thing ain't so big, when it really comes down to it ).

amy

Hi my name is amy. there's really not much to tell. but my friend got me to watch stargate about a year ago and lets just say im hooked. I can't wait for season 8 and stargate alantis it sounds like it could be good.

amy

Welcome Amy, Firestar, Icarus, Jeff, Erin, and the other zillion people up there who haven't been officially welcomed yet! We're glad you decided to stop by our neck of the woods and join up. We hope you have a blast, and let us know if you have any questions about the place.

We're now over 1,100 members! Woo-hoo!

GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - RSS
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Zat Re: Welcome, New Members!

Hello

I used to visit the Stargate site that had a chatroom type thingy, gave you a rank and missions to take part in and you could play a game where you shot down gliders that were attacking a Stargate and other such stuff (using a diff handle now tho') till "They" decided they didn't want us furriners in the system

So I'm new here, but I'm old when it comes to MB's and the like ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.