• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which enemy should be the main enemy?

The Wraith

or

The Asurans

I'll ask a mod to make this into a poll.

Personally, despite how cool the Asuran's are and the concept behind them is...I think the Wraith should always remain the main enemy of Atlantis. Asuran's should just take the role that the replicators had on SG-1. As a secondary enemy.
    The Asurians
    29.00%
    The Wraith
    53.00%
    Other/I don't care
    18.00%
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

The wraith should be the main enemy, they've been here from the start and they're more original in the stargate universe, plus i really like hive ships...
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Well The Asurans are alot more dangrous than the Wraith so if they want the show to continue i would say the Wraith. Cause its gonna be hard to write storys in which we take down beings as powerful and advanced as the ancients themselves.

Comment

I don't want the Asurans to be the main baddies mainly because I don't want this to be like Voyager where were constantly beating off the seemingly super powerful foes every week.

Not to mention I find the Wraith more interesting in general than "Human Replicators Part II".
        sigpic

Comment

Wraith, Asurans are just a rehashed SG-1 idea...

Comment

Wraith. They are the original enemy of the SGA series. While the Asurans are an interesting and powerful enemy I don't think they're in the same 'ultimate enemy league' as the Wraith.
            //

O'Neill: Phasers?
            Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

I would say its time for a NEW Enemy ...

The Wraith are in a Civil War with each other .... Witch why include us on there WAR ..

Asrans are great , but we have weapons to beat then at this point ....

What we need is a NEW Enemy that is has better technology then Earth , maybe not as great as the Ancients technology , but almost as good ...

Comment

the furlings? ferocious little devils

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                  What we need is a NEW Enemy that is has better technology then Earth , maybe not as great as the Ancients technology , but almost as good ...
                  But the Wraith already fill that kind of position.

So far, we only got three central powers in the Pegasus Galaxy:

The Wraith
                  The Asurans
                  The Genii

Each have their own grudge againist the Ancients or Atlantis. Perhaps a race that has nothing to do with the Ancients would be a welcome change.
                  sigpic

Comment

I really beleive that the writers are making a mistake going down the Asurans route as the main bad guys over on Atlantis. I fear if the 2nd part of The Return + First Strike don't turn out well, then S4 may be the last as if it backfires & viewers don't like this new route they're going down. Then as seen with SG1, Skiffy won't have any hesitation in canning that as well.

On SG-1 we saw that they really were a wooden 2D enemy, they are machines & don't really have much substance to them. Compare them to the individualness of the Goa'uld & you'll see they are light years apart in terms of development.

When they announced that a new enemy was being brought in, I honestly thought they would be totally creepy alien dudes. Never in a million years will I have thought we'd be getting a rehash of the reps.

The Wraith started out great & creepy, epsecially in 'Rising'. However since then they've slipped to become more of a joke. Especially when you see Ford get taken up in 'Runner' yet somehow can escape back to land. (which has never been explained how he managed to do that). Then when they get captured we've seen Ronon pulls knives from his hair, toes & ass. Surely they will check a prisoner for weapons before chucking them in a cell.

They have been redeemed more to my liking in S3 with the way they've been portrayed so far compared to that of S2.

However there really isn't any way that the Wraith could have defeated the Lanteans either. All they had to do was stick a ZPM in their warships & their shields would hold out for ages. More than enough time for 1 Lantean warship to take out a dozen Hives with relative ease.

If I was forced to choose, then I'd go for Wraith. After all they were the ones that defeated the Lanteans & took control of the galaxy. The Asurans have stood out of it & done nothing over the millenia especially when they were programmed to take out the Wraith.

However Pegasus is really running dry of worlds, so in order to save the show. I'd like tosee them goto another galaxy.

Say in a year or 2. Both the Wraith & Asurans start to go toe to toe with the SGA expediton stuck right in the middle of it. It's getting too dangerous, so they are just about to be attacked by all sides when they find a stash of ZPM's. They plug them in & take off in the city. They are heading out, however they underestimated the Asurans hyperdrive capabilities, so can't outrun them. Therefore they launch an attack while in Hyperspace & destroy the ship. However the explosion of their drives causes them to get kicked out of subspace & they end up in another galaxy far far away. Maybe this one is so far away it takes the 9 symbols to dial back to the MW.

If they done this, they can escape Pegasus, while starting fresh froms crathc without starting a new spin-off all over again.

Comment

Wraith, for all the reason mentionned above.

There's just so much potential about them that is completely unexploited, and their power is just completely abherant.
                      So safe if they writers decide to really show some true badass Wraith, the big dudes, the really tough ones, then indeed, no matter how the Wraith were more original, they better drop them instead of being spoiled even more.
                      But that would mean that the show is already dead.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

The asurans are much more dangerours
                        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                          But the Wraith already fill that kind of position.

So far, we only got three central powers in the Pegasus Galaxy:

The Wraith
                          The Asurans
                          The Genii

Each have their own grudge againist the Ancients or Atlantis. Perhaps a race that has nothing to do with the Ancients would be a welcome change.

Who said the New Enemy has to come from the Pegasus Galaxy ... What cant thay come from a galaxy that is close to the Pegasus Galaxy ... Where it woud take about 4 or 6 days in Hyperdive to reach it ...

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Hunter
                            I really beleive that the writers are making a mistake going down the Asurans route as the main bad guys over on Atlantis. I fear if the 2nd part of The Return + First Strike don't turn out well, then S4 may be the last as if it backfires & viewers don't like this new route they're going down. Then as seen with SG1, Skiffy won't have any hesitation in canning that as well.

On SG-1 we saw that they really were a wooden 2D enemy, they are machines & don't really have much substance to them. Compare them to the individualness of the Goa'uld & you'll see they are light years apart in terms of development.

When they announced that a new enemy was being brought in, I honestly thought they would be totally creepy alien dudes. Never in a million years will I have thought we'd be getting a rehash of the reps.

The Wraith started out great & creepy, epsecially in 'Rising'. However since then they've slipped to become more of a joke. Especially when you see Ford get taken up in 'Runner' yet somehow can escape back to land. (which has never been explained how he managed to do that). Then when they get captured we've seen Ronon pulls knives from his hair, toes & ass. Surely they will check a prisoner for weapons before chucking them in a cell.

They have been redeemed more to my liking in S3 with the way they've been portrayed so far compared to that of S2.

However there really isn't any way that the Wraith could have defeated the Lanteans either. All they had to do was stick a ZPM in their warships & their shields would hold out for ages. More than enough time for 1 Lantean warship to take out a dozen Hives with relative ease.

If I was forced to choose, then I'd go for Wraith. After all they were the ones that defeated the Lanteans & took control of the galaxy. The Asurans have stood out of it & done nothing over the millenia especially when they were programmed to take out the Wraith.

However Pegasus is really running dry of worlds, so in order to save the show. I'd like tosee them goto another galaxy.

Say in a year or 2. Both the Wraith & Asurans start to go toe to toe with the SGA expediton stuck right in the middle of it. It's getting too dangerous, so they are just about to be attacked by all sides when they find a stash of ZPM's. They plug them in & take off in the city. They are heading out, however they underestimated the Asurans hyperdrive capabilities, so can't outrun them. Therefore they launch an attack while in Hyperspace & destroy the ship. However the explosion of their drives causes them to get kicked out of subspace & they end up in another galaxy far far away. Maybe this one is so far away it takes the 9 symbols to dial back to the MW.

If they done this, they can escape Pegasus, while starting fresh froms crathc without starting a new spin-off all over again.

Here here to your post. I voted for the Asurans for two reasons: First, the writers have made the Wraith about as interesting as a vanilla Pop-Tart. Put a little of that great Goa'uld attitude into the Wraith! Let's see more of the Wraith personality and quirkyness. We need to remember people that it was the Gou'ald storyline that made SG-1 work as a viable TV program, not the Ancient storyline that has significantly contributed to the decline, and now the end of SG-1. Give the Wraith a reason to be hated! Second, I believe the Asurans can be disposed of easily by a new creative/writing team allowing a new enemy to enter the scene.

My vote for the Asurans quickly becomes one for the Wraith IF we can tweak the Wraith a bit to make them a bit more interesting.

Comment

The Wraith should remain the main enemy. They're scary, tough to kill, interesting, and they're not really bad guys. The only reason why they're the enemy is because we're their food. There's great potential with the Wraith!

The Asurans are interesting, but let's not over do it. The Replicators on SG-1 worked, because they were described as the Asguard's ultimate enemy, worse than the Goa'uld! We only saw them once or twice a year, then after a year and a half of not seeing them, they returned for five episodes in one year leading up to their climatic defeat.

Obviously, we don't want to handle the Asurans like the Repliactors, but my point is that to keep the Replicators scary, they need to be used sparringly.

Comment

Working...
                              X