sub-level 10, Generators.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub-level 10, Generators.

The ground started to shake...it got worse and worse..

then..BAM, rocks and dirt came flying through the wall into the generator room, smashing into the infirmary's power the earth kept on going, smashing through walls, until it finnally stopped...

sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

bump
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

((So thats whats going on. ))
      Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
      LOVE HIM-> DT
      ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

<< from Control Room >>
        "The air's a lot better since last night. It was like trying to see through a dust storm." He turned away from the dirt piled in front of the door to the Emergency Generator room and walked to the ventilator room. "Before we can start anything down here, we'll have to get the fans running. It's already getting stuffy."

Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
        sigpic

Comment

Adria was the last one to come down like normaly. It was just her style to bring up the end. "Need any help with the fans?" she asked Captain Holland, walking up beside him.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

They didn't know it but, Holland was echoing Blue on the surface, "Nope, they're down until we get power. We thought of every contingency that could happen from above. We didn't plan on having the cables severed 10 floors below ground."
            He tipped his head back toward the emergency generators, "Doc needs to make sure those aren't damaged, then we can rig a power take off to crank up the fans."

sigpic

Comment

<Control room>

Rachael was right behind Holland when they emerged on sub-level 10, the air still smelt of rock and dust. She tried not to take to deep of breathe, everything she did she would resist the urge to cough. "I'll get right on checking them out."

She walked around the hall and saw the huge pile of rock that covered about one quarter of the level. "Looks like the main base ventilation isn't covered under several tons of rock. At least that is a start." She made her way over to the room and opened up the door.

As she walked in for the most part the room was in tact, there were some cracks in the wall and some cemet form the ceiling on the ground, "Captain, from the looks of it most of the damage in here is cosmetic. The fan system it will take me a few minutes to look them over."

She walked over to the computer and got the back up power on, the ventilation system has its own small generator in the room that will power the computer system but not the fans themselves, she worked on connecting her lap top to the system. She pulled up the schematic, and look them over than did an overview of the exterior, just to check for any visable damage. "Captain, I have gone over the fan system, they are completely fine, but the generator in here can't produce enough power to get the fans going. So well need one of the small naqudah generators. Once I get the ventilation system working I'll go check out the back up generators."
              sigpic
              Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

Adria watched the two talk back and forth wondering if they actualy needed her down here. She reached in her pack and took out some antihistamine for her algeries to dust. "Doctor, Captain I have a physics and a computer science degree from Flordia state university. So please tell me what I can do."

She looked at the fans and just as Dr.Ezekiel had said there was just cosmetic dammage nothing that she could see besides that. Then she had an idea and tunred to the other two. "What if for now we ran a direct line from the main generator room. It might work but it could also over load the fans, and since I realy dont know the bases scamatis that well..." she trailed off. "Could it work?" she finished.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Rachael look at Cap. Adria and said, "I am sorry I didn't know you had those degrees. But your idea won't work for one major reason, you noticed all the rock at the other end of the hall, Main Generator room is underneath those rocks. The base generators channel massive amounts of power, the fans could not take all that power, it would overload the circuit."

Rachael look at her laptop and pulled up the power schematics of the base, "You see these power lines, they supply power to the base, they were all severed. But the secondary generators should be intact for the most part, I hope anyway."

"If we use a portable naquadah generator it would supply enough power to get the fans working again. If I give you the insutruction can you hook up the generator?" Rachael said to Adria, than turned to Captain Holland, "What do you think?"
                  sigpic

Comment

Adria looked at the schematics and thought. "Ok so first of all we need the fans working. So to do that we need a naquadah generator which they have on the surface so I could go get one of thoses."
                    Adria started pacing back in forth, the way she does when ever she has a problem she can't fix easily. "Then I think we should focus on getting the secondary generators online and making sure everythign is ok."

She looked at the schematics again and thought. If the wires are completly severed we might need to rewire part of the base. Then she finaly said. "And doctor Ezekiel I am sorry if I was a little rude a few minutes ago."

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Rachael smiled at the eager Captain, "Its alright, sometimes I forget there are other people who can help. Before we start to do anything," she turned to Captain Holland again and asked, "we need to check in with the General, right."
                      sigpic

Comment

Holland looked over and released the radio microphone, "Talking to him right now. I'll fill him in."
                        He beckoned to two of his crew, "Kasim, take Giordano and bring a portable down here along with a power inverter. Hopefully, Tyler hasn't commandeered both of them. Anything thing else, Captain, Doctor?"

(( Go ahead and play Kasim and Giordano. Fix the fans but not the base wide power. ))
                        sigpic

Comment

Rachael thougth for a moment, "No, there is nothing else I need right now."

Kasim and Giordano nodded than went to retrieve the generator.

She than turned to Adria, "I want to go ahead and double check the whole fan system, to make sure everything is alright. Even though I believe most of the damage is cosmetic I want to make sure, before we go hooking up power."
                          sigpic

Comment

Jaime left the Captain and his little crew of base engineers, crossing the hall to the data center. The electronic key-swiper was, of course, deactivated and useless, but the door was shut and Jaime took that as an encouraging sign. She contemplated opening the door but dismissed the idea out of hand; the possibility of a pipe rupture of the fire-suppression system was too great. The room could be filled with halon gas, and opening the door would just let it into the rest of the level. Without ventilation, the gas vapor would just flow throughout the level and possibly cause dizziness and shortness of breath at the best; loss of consciousness and possibly death at the worst. The risk wasn't worth it until they got the fans going.

Sighing, she pointed her little LED flashlight through the safety-glass window and peered in. The racks of equipment were bolted securely to the floor at four corners, and although it was dark, from what she could see everything looked like it had weathered the quake fairly well. Only time would tell, however.

She made her way back to where Captain Holland, Dr. Ezekiel, and Captain Johnson were. A couple of SFs had shown up, toting a portable generator, and they seemed to be hooking it up to the ventilation system. Excellent.

"The datacenter looks good from the hallway," she informed Holland. "I'm thinking most of it made it through without damage, but we won't know for sure until the power goes on. I didn't want to risk the possibility of releasing halon vapor into the rest of the level, so I didn't open the door; once the fans get going that should alleviate that issue and we'll be able to go in and further assess the any damage."

She turned to Dr. Ezekiel. "What sort of damage are we looking at structurally? The datacenter looks good, but with that breach there's got to be some question as to the stability of the rest of the base..."

(( OOC: just a thought, but we may want to get some teams down here to start bracing ceilings and walls; I mean, technically, the entire base is sitting on the foundation of this level. ))

Comment

Rachael had been going over some of the base structure outlines. "To answer that, from what I can tell the main support on the NW side of the base is pretty much gone. I checked out the gym and the NW corner of it was taken out. That is something that concerns me, because it is not a main support, but a secondary support." She turned to look at Holland, "Once we get the fans working again we can bring down a team to put up a temporary support in gym."

She look over at the SF and saw that they were nearly finished in hooking up the generator. She walked over to the power converter and made sure everything was in order "Alright, everything looks good. I am going to start them up."

She started up the program and monitored the system to make sure everything went smoothly. "We should give them about 30 minutes before we bring down anybody else." She turned to Jamie Taylor and said, "I's say the same thing before you open the datacenter room, but you probably were thinking the same."

"I am going to go and check out the gym, see if there is anything else I can tell about the base structure damage from in there."
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X