Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. I'm a late comer to this campaign but I just bought a t-shirt and sweatshirt from the Save Carson website. They've got loads of great stuff, have a look!

sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone,

for those who haven't spotted the headlines, I have bad news. Season 5 is confirmed as Atlantis's last. MGM and Sci Fi have agreed to a DVD movie to be made after the 5th season ends in January.

GW Headline here: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...si_cance.shtml

Topic Thread here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=57950

I am not sure how this will look for Clone Carson as a narrative character. The two SG1 movies haven't had much room for manouvere for supporting or recurring characters, bar brief cameos.

(We REALLY need a crying Beckett smilie!!)
      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

» Well, in discussion with some of my other peeps, we were considering a campaign to get a movie centreing around the 'original' Atlantis family -- Carson, Elizabeth, Shep, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon, plus Radek & Lorne also. This would also call for minimal Keller, Carter, and Woolsey involvement. Because, heck, we really deserve it -- this is the cast I and many others fell in love with, and I don't want to see it tossed away in favour of a subpar dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird 2 View Post
          (We REALLY need a crying Beckett smilie!!)
          The angry Beckett seems more appropriate to my mind.

Come to think of it, I do still need to do some art for around here. And, our little Carson will be born Tuesday, unless labor happens naturally before then. Pictures to ensue!
          Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
          http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            » Well, in discussion with some of my other peeps, we were considering a campaign to get a movie centreing around the 'original' Atlantis family -- Carson, Elizabeth, Shep, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon, plus Radek & Lorne also. This would also call for minimal Keller, Carter, and Woolsey involvement. Because, heck, we really deserve it -- this is the cast I and many others fell in love with, and I don't want to see it tossed away in favour of a subpar dynamic.
            That... would be a dream come true. After season 4 and now what we've seen so far of season 5 I miss Elizabeth like nothing else. I miss the REAL Atlantis.

If you do decide to go through with that campaign, count me in.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

» I've recieved support on mostly sides of Elizabeth and Carson fans but of course I'm going to have to go out into general fandom and discuss it there.

Comment

Short and sweet:

Our little Carson Rex was born today at 1:49, weighed in at 5 pounds, 9 ounces (just like his big sister two years ago), and measured 18 inches. He and his mother are both healthy and happy, if substantially exhausted, and a wee bit on the petite side of the bell curve.

I'll post something a little more substantial when I have some good pictures. In the meantime, many thanks to the SCB crew, and the many well wishes that we've received, both public and private.

We have several reasons for naming him as we did, but truth be told, the fine character of Carson Beckett, and the excellent work of Paul McGillion are a big factor. Thank you, Paul, for giving us a look at a man with a huge heart, who isn't afraid to show it. Would that our little one can grow up to be such a man.

...fully cognizant of the cautionary tale of that little retrovirus thing, we are...

sigpic

Comment

Oh, congratulations on the little Carson's arrival. That is just the coolest news! Well done, mom, dad, Carson, and big sister. And let's not hear of retroviruses, nor clones either.

While I'm here, I interviewed Paul and Rachel today. The interview is here:

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1540

Comment

Originally posted by Silverwings View Post
                    Short and sweet:

Our little Carson Rex was born today at 1:49, weighed in at 5 pounds, 9 ounces (just like his big sister two years ago), and measured 18 inches. He and his mother are both healthy and happy, if substantially exhausted, and a wee bit on the petite side of the bell curve.

I'll post something a little more substantial when I have some good pictures. In the meantime, many thanks to the SCB crew, and the many well wishes that we've received, both public and private.

We have several reasons for naming him as we did, but truth be told, the fine character of Carson Beckett, and the excellent work of Paul McGillion are a big factor. Thank you, Paul, for giving us a look at a man with a huge heart, who isn't afraid to show it. Would that our little one can grow up to be such a man.

...fully cognizant of the cautionary tale of that little retrovirus thing, we are...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! To all of you, and welcome to the world to your little 'beloved son'. I'm sure Paul will be thrilled at the accolade!

****HUGS****

Comment

TJUK as the first Scotswoman has beaten me to it Silverwings, so let me be the first Scotsman to say, - congratulations to you, your wife and both the little ones!

I am not a parent myself, so I can only imagine the pride you and the missus must have in the kids. This news is def the high point of my day! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics of the wee man!
                      Last edited by Thunderbird 2; 27 August 2008, 01:27 PM.
                      Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                      Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Congratulations Silverwings & family!!!!!!!

Comment

» Congrats Silverwings!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS SILVERWINGS! That is wonderful news.
                            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Update on our little Carson. First, many thanks for all of the well wishing and congratulations! We've seen some very kind words, and we're honored and humbled that you all would take time to send us a wee bit of kindness.

My wife has put together a family blog here, with pictures of our little clan:

http://faithandtaylor.blogspot.com/

A week or so before our Carson's birth, we received a package from the very kind TJuk, which held a few SCB gifts for our wee ones. We've gotten a few pictures of the kids in them, but we're still looking for the perfect one of Carson and his sister together. Two year old children are... difficult... to photograph.

Even so, this is one of my favorite shots of Carson:

In addition to the kind words that you of the community have sent our way, we received a mysterious package from some random place in Canada. I asked my wife if she knew anyone up there, since I didn't. The parcel was addressed to wee Carson... but I didn't put two and two together until I saw this (spoilered for size):
                              Spoiler:

I have a sneaking suspicion that this, too, is at least partially TJ's doing.

...I'm not sure that words can express quite how much this series of kindnesses have meant to our little family. To the SCB crew, thank you for your kindness and unwavering faith in the character that we've come to love, as well as wishes and congratulations for our little one's birth. To TJuk in particular, thank you very much for your kindness in speaking to Paul McGillion and for the adorable SCB onesies, bib and toddler shirt.

To Mr. Paul McGillion, thank you very, very much for portraying a wonderful character, a man that we would be honored for our little one to look to as an example. Thank you personally for taking time to send us the picture and write a wee message to our wee little one. It may be just a simple gesture on your part, but it is a reaffirmation of the kindness and class that you have embodied for us as a family and within the SCB campaign. That simple gift of time and consideration means more to us than anything else we've seen from anyone in the entertainment world, and we wish the very best for you.

Our little Carson gave us his first genuine smile today, and his first definite laugh. It's a good day, and we're honored to have been able to share a bit of it with you all.

sigpic

Comment

Aww, enough to bring a tear to one's eye. Again, congrats Silverwings! With a man like that for a role model, he'll know just how to break all the ladies' hearts when he grows up.

Comment

Working...
                                X