This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep The Lion Rampant - SAVE CARSON! Sunday Spoilers

Before I start.... MODS: PLEASE DO NOT merge this thread with another...

So the end-of-season rumour mill has done more than go into overdrive. Everywhere, we are seeing signs of Dr Carson Beckett's demise in Atlantis. Whether it is reports from an "extra" on the show having filmed a scene with a Scottish flag on a coffin, or reports that Jewel Staite has said she is appearing in Atlantis season 4 as "the doctor", this seems to be one rumour that doesn't want to go away, no matter how much we would like it to.

As such, with shooting almost at an end for the season, and many of the major decisions for season 4 no doubt either made or being finalised right now, there is NO better time for fans of Carson to speak up and let The Powers That Be know just HOW much we want to see the character in the show for the rest of its run!

DON'T be quiet about it - shout from the rooftops how much you want to see Carson/Paul in season 4!

LET TPTB know just how much you feel it would damage the show to lose him!

POST your support for both Carson AND Paul in this thread - share the Scottish love!

Mods: please, this appears to be a serious piece of information doing the rounds, which many of the fans are unhappy about. Please let us show our support for Carson/Paul in this way - it might be the only way to get our feelings across, and your help in this would be much appreciated.
    Atlantis : Revolutions - an AU "Stargate: Atlantis" RPG

I reall, really, really, REALLY hope they don't kill off Carson. He's one of my favorite characters! I don't wan to see him go!
    Make it spin!

Comment

He's such a good character with an immensely broad appeal. It's actually very rare to see anyone write anything bad about him, because he appeals to different aspects of different people.

I honestly feel the show will be poorer if they do get rid of him, and it will suffer in the long run.

Comment

I don't even think the creators are dumb enough to kill him off, but nothing they do surprises me.

If he dies then I'm done with Stargate unless they fire the "writers".

Comment

It actually begs the questions as to WHY they wouls bump him off in the first place, as he is SO damn popular. Ratings boost? Maybe for one ep - then I think things would backfire terribly. I, for one, would be HIGHLY unlikely to watch if they do this.

However, as it stands, if it IS true, as they are still shooting season 3, it's NOT too late to do something about it, thank god!

Come on, TPTB, LISTEN to your fans!

Comment

I honestly can't see anyone being able to replace Carson. We lost Ford very early in the show but they did find an excellent replacement, something that wasn't hard to do since Ford wasn't all that developed. Carson on the other hand has been there longer, his character has gotten stronger over the seasons and I could no more see anyone being a good replacement for him than I could see a good replacement being found for Teyla, Sheppard or even minor characters such as Zelenka.

Carson like others has made a big impact, but I could see these being only rumours because no way Altantis would kill off their doctor because we saw how great that worked out with SG1, which has failed to get a new doctor who was as enjoyable to watch as Teryl Rothery.

sigpic

Comment

Erm, don't you think you're jumping the gun just a little bit? I mean, we don't even have any really solid rumors, much less any proof. I'd wait for something a bit more substantive before I went on the warpath over Beckett just yet.
              I do not believe you are well. You called me... "Lucy"

Comment

Even if this is 'jumping the gun'...

Aren't we best supporting the character and the actor just in-case?
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Thing is, as with Fraiser being offed in SG-1, if we waited until we had solid proof, it would be WAY too late. However, by letting TPTB, and, by extension, Paul, know how we feel about the possible exclusion of Carson from future episodes, it is possibly less likely to happen.

And personally, I'd rather light a candle than sit and curse in the darkness.

Comment

Carson is too awesome to kill off! Why do they always seem to want to kill off the doctors? It wouldn't be Atlantis without him!

Comment

Unfortunately, the death of a well-loved character is often used as a ratings grabber, with little regard for how it will impact the fans, or the show as a whole in the long run. This isn't confined to just sci-fi, but is seen across the board, with producers and writers often seeing it come back to bite them on the bum after a short time.

I honestly hope that TPTB are smarter than that on this occasion - it would be seriously etrimental to get rid of a character who displays such range of emotion, and has such wide appeal, especially as the team dynamics are only just settling down.

Comment

No way! No freeeeeeekin' way! Whether it's jumping the gun or not... don't even THINK of killing off Beckett! When they killed off Frasier and promoted Hammond in SG1 that's where it all went wrong! Beckett is absolutely fundamental to SGA, as are all the others! NO MORE KILLING MAIN CHARACTERS!!! IT SUCKS!!!

Seriously, take Paul McGillion out of the equation and I will refuse to watch SGA... see the ratings plummet into the Atlantean ocean.

Yours, very upset.

Comment

It all goes back to the cancellation of SG1. Mark Stern, Idiot Director of Programming, wants to dump what SciFi feels are the least fav characters on SGA and bring over a few of the popular SG1 characters. Their warped thinking tells them this will satisfy fans of both shows, but all it will do is anger everyone!

What fans need to do is to write to SciFi, NBC, MGM, and tell them how you feel. If SG1 stays on the air, no one needs to push someone out of a job on SGA. If Paul and one or two others get fired, a lot of the SGA fans will stop watching and SGA will die too.

Save both shows! Get all the addresses, fax numbers, email addys, at www.savestargatesg1.com. SG1 fans need to express what they want, SGA fans need to let their feelings known, and fans of both shows need to let the "Suits" know they need to keep both shows going.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It all goes back to the cancellation of SG1. Mark Stern, Idiot Director of Programming, wants to dump what SciFi feels are the least fav characters on SGA and bring over a few of the popular SG1 characters. Their warped thinking tells them this will satisfy fans of both shows, but all it will do is anger everyone!
                            Seriously?!

How could anyone be so stupid to think this would actually work. It seems like they did it before, they had some success with Farscape, so they decide to bring over it's main male and female lead, but do this with Atlantis? SG1 took a nose dive after they brought over the farscape actors and I can't see Atlantis fairing any better by bringing in SG1 characters.

It's not like they'd all fit, Daniel possible but Teal'c has no reason to be there, replacing Rodney with Sam would kill one of the better aspects of Atlantis and like it or not, Vala and Mitchell (especially Vala) has did more damage to SG1 that RDA and Hammond leaving.

If that was to happen, some should give that guy a swift and painful kick in the head.

sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately if it's true, then they already have filmed it, then he's gone. After that there really isn't nothing that can be done, other than to pester the life out of them to do a DJ & have his ascend etc. Most would see this as a cheesy way to have him go & be brought back but it's realistsically the only way.

I did read about him doing 16/17 eps this season. However one of those may have been him filming the scenes for S4. What I don't get though is if they kill him off, then replace him with JS as the new regular doc then I'm sure she'd want main cast billing as well. Will she add lots of new fans, especially the ones that stop watching like myself if they do it. I seriously think not! Therefore what's the point to it all.

The only 1 character that could even accept replacing Beckett would be Carter. Any others & it's a complete cop out. If Sci-Fi want to dump SG-1 characters onto SGA, then Beckett would be top choice to kick out because he's not on the actual main team that goes through the gate on missions every week. After that it's Teyla. The others I can't see going. Ronon could be, but if they did that, then tons of people would be on at them to admit they were wrong & bring Ford back. The others being McKay & Shep..Nothing will ever kill them off. As far as they go, they are indesructable in the writers eyes.

Does anybody actually have a source to where this whole coffin/flag thing originated from? As well as what exactly was said when ones of the stars (can't remember who it was) said there would be cast changes next season?

Comment

Working...
                              X