Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to cease from watching new episodes of SG-1 again?

Comment

After one bad ep? No. But if it looks as if the writers are back on their Stupid Pills full time, I may just do that.

I wanna see Prometheus Unbound. Just for Gary Jones. I may skip Sacrifices, though. And It's Good to Be King.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        After one bad ep? No. But if it looks as if the writers are back on their Stupid Pills full time, I may just do that.
        One bad ep? This from the person who feels/felt(?) Season 7 jumped the shark?

Try 4 1/2 (I'm counting New Order as one story) bad eps. And I don't see it getting any better with Covenant.

At least the first six episodes of Season 7 were entertaining. It was after Lifeboat that it started degenerating. Season 8 is turning into a disaster right from the start.

I wish it wasn't true but, IMO, the shark has brought his friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Mar9645
          One bad ep? This from the person who feels/felt(?) Season 7 jumped the shark?
          One bad ep this season. And maybe my standards have been lowered a bit after a year of no Stargate, but I've liked Stargate this season. Mostly. OK, actually, Avatar was pretty crap, so make that two bad eps. Still, it was more like four or five in a row that convinced me to stop watching last season. Covenant does sound very gimmicky. And then Sacrifices, which makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. *sigh* Guess we'll see.

Back on topic, I do like the reviews. I checked out a few of the others just to be fair (I'd only read the Affinity ones when I made my first few posts on this thread). I liked them just as much as the one for AFFINITY AND I didn't find them to be overly negative or whiney or too personally biased or anything.

Comment

I can't say that I don't agree 100% with the review. Though. that extra half a star was clearly unnecisary
            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE]
              Originally posted by ShadowMaat

All the good characters were completely good, all the bad characters were completely bad. There were no surprises, no variations, no excitement, no drama. It was cheap and fast and... well, that's pretty much it.
              It's a 44 minute tv show where the real plot was the Trust waiting for an opportunity to force Daniel(in this case) to do their bidding.

I look at these "cliche" characters(one of 2 overused words I wish I could erase from existence, BTW - the other being the word from which it sprang:stereotype. ) and think of Greek theater. (Only three actors played all the parts and simply changed masks to cue the audience to which character they were currently playing). Those, IMO, were the roles played in Affinity by the "good", the "bad" and the Trust.

You say there were no surprises, no variations, no excitement, no drama. Okay, fine. OTOH, I am not toeing any party's "line" when I say that I think that the ep was intelligent, funny, and tense, setting us up for some serious stuff down the road.

But then, I don't watch tv, so I'm not overfed on drama, excitement and all that other top quality stuff that apparently exists, somewhere in that 500+ channel universe.

I, too, can't believe that the government would allow Teal'c to live in such a neighborhood.
              I agree, and even though I found the ep, overall, to be a good one, there were plot points like this that grated on me. That being said, such things happen in the so-called up-scale neighborhoods, too.
              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Personally, I look to reviews to give me a sense of how the episode flowed. I may not agree with the reviewer's opinion on any one character or plot element, but the way the epsiode fits togeather is often clearly visible in a well written review. Even if I don't agree with the number of stars given.

Comment

Lowa , my english too (I'm from Quebec (Canada))
                  - Maybe one day you will learn, that your way, is not the only way.
                  - The very young, do not always do what they are told.
                  - The Nox

Comment

Working...
                  X