Grey's Anatomy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey's Anatomy Thread

Seriously? Seriously! I looked and couldn't find a thread devoted to my newest obsession Grey's Anatomy. Being that season three just started yesterday (OMG he said he loved her!!!) I figured I'd start a thread and see if there any fellow GA fans floating around GW. I know there are a few that are Stargate friends, my flist has GA references that pop up all over it and most of flist started with Stargate fans. So who's out there???

(and if there's a GA thread already started, someone please point me in that direction. I hate duplicate threads as much as the next GWorlder and don't want to be guilty of it. Thanks!

"Oh honey you just can't seem to walk into a room quietly can you?" -Michael Shanks Chicago Con 08

The Universe is Mad
    Photobucket

Huh, there's never been a thread for this before?! Oh, a gatehead GA fan here . The premiere yesterday was great. I think I'm still on squee high from that Mer/Der scene.

Comment

I' m a pretty big fan of GA but not as much as my fiancee. She's mad about it. I think she's starting to believe these people exist. Anyway what happend at the start of S3. I'm sure she'd love to know. She's just watching the end of season 2.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I have to say, yes i am a guy, and i do enjoy that show

Comment

I don't know if a Grey's anatomy thread has already been started , can't see it anywhere !!!!.

but I would like to discuss the show and read spoilers if possible .

Anybody else watching the show and what do you think about it ?!!

I like the medical aspect of the show .

I think there is too much ship but it's funny to watch . I wonder if Grey's antomy is not a big soap opera .. a ala Desperate Housewives!!!! .

Now I like all the interns specially Cristina , Izzie ,George and Alex but not too much Grey
          I don't know why but I find her a bit washy washy .

I like Derek Shepperd . He is a good doctor and at least he is trying to make his marriage work . I also like Addison , his wife .I think she is quite funny and I like to watch their angst on the screen , trying to make things work between each other . They both have made mistakes and it's nice to see a mariage got rotten , trying to survive , not the easy way .

I don't think it will work (Shame ) because everywhere I look on the net , I see Derek with Meredith Grey and I'm not too keen on those 2 to be together ..but nonetheless , it's a great show , which sometimes, makes me laugh , smile , cry , shout and the balance between the drama & the romance is well done .

Now, am I the only one who watches that show ?!

Caty

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=35682

there already is one

Comment

Originally posted by _WraithQueen_
              Thank you WraithQueen I'll go and read

Caty

Comment

Hi there ,

I just started watching season 2 here in the UK and I'm catching up on Season 1 . I already know what happened .

I like the medical aspect of the show .

I think there is too much ship but it's funny to watch . I wonder if Grey's antomy is not a big soap opera .. a ala Desperate Housewives!!!! .

Now I like all the interns specially Cristina , Izzie ,George and Alex but not too much Grey
                I don't know why but I find her a bit washy washy .

I like Derek Shepperd . He is a good doctor and at least he is trying to make his marriage work , well at least in season 2 . I also like Addison , his wife .I think she is quite funny and I like to watch their angst on the screen , trying to make things work between each other . They both have made mistakes and it's nice to see a mariage got rotten , trying to survive , not the easy way . I think the little scene on the ferry discussing sex was really cute .

I don't think it will work though because everywhere I look on the net , I see Derek with Meredith Grey and I'm not too keen on those 2 to be together .

May be Addison is better off with Mc Steamy but I haven't seen the episode in question yet .I may change my mind when I see Addison /Mc Steamy .It 's just a shame that they ( Addison /Derek) both decided to make the mariage work and everything seemed to be alright and Poof ..he
                Spoiler:
                apparently cheated on her beginning of season 3

..... but nonetheless , it's a great show , which sometimes, makes me laugh , smile , cry , shout and the balance between the drama & the romance is well done .

Looks like I'm the only one who does not like Derek /Meredith together !!!

Caty
                Last edited by Catysg1; 24 September 2006, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I have to say, i usually hte ships in shows like stargate but shipping is all that this show is

Comment

True . GA is all about ship , really . I don't know if I could watch it for many seasons but as I just discovered it , I give it a go .

I really wonder if Derek /Meredith will end up together but IMO I doubt it . I think Derek may well be a one night stand all his life .

I 'm not sure what the moral behind GA is . !!! I thought I had a good one earlier when Derek
                    Spoiler:
                    tried to patch up his mariage with Addison , in a very proper way, specially as they both agreed to it to make it work .
                    I thought it was a good idea to show that aspect as most couples, nowadays, give up to easily into their mariage and cheating has now become a way of life as it seems to be in GA ..but I was wrong with the moral of the show and apparently ,with the season 3 opener, it looks like mariage doesn't stand a chance and cheating is the easy way out .
                    Oh well , we'll see what that TPTB has in mind .!!!

I will keep watching for a while

Caty

Comment

Well Derek and Addison are definitely over.

Derek and Meredith seem as though they might be happy ... for a little while anyway

........By Day............By Night........

Comment

I think this thread is seriously in need of bumping.
                        Who went this discussion go to waste? Hm? It's the greatest show on TV!

Comment

*jumps in* I just started watching a few weeks ago, and I'm already hooked! I've been going back and watching from the beginning, and am about 2/3 of the way through season 2 so far... although I'm cheating and watching the season 4 stuff as it airs.

I absolutely love the fact that it can basically be a soap opera... but that it has the perfect blend of drama, comedy, romance, and medical stuff. They're doing a fantastic job with that! Love the character development, too - I'm such a sucker for that.

I would LOVE to see Derek and Meredith get together for good... but not until the very end, because experience (*cough*TheX-Files*cough*) tells me that more permanent resolution before the end is a Mood Killer.

Oh, and I gotta say - as a Seattlite? LOVE. XD Fantastic job portraying the city. Finally, a show that doesn't make my city look like it sucks! (Except please, for the love of god, stop calling them "ferry boats" ) Their locations have been VERY convincing. The only location shots that have made me headdesk are any aerial shots involving the Kingdome (which was imploded 8 years ago) and the one shot of Derek on the ferry where it was coming in parallel to the waterfront piers. The ferries don't work that way. /spent three summers working at the Seattle Aquarium there
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

I love this show so much! You'r right K, it is like a soap opera, but I always liked those as long as it has some other element to it... and saving lives is one hell of an element!! I love it!!!

Dude I hope they won't get together for good before the end as well, but I still scream at my TV every time they break up!!!

Comment

Ok, what was the freaking point of this week's episode? ( 2/26/15 - "Staring at the End")
                              The young Amelia Shepard gets on a podium and lectures about how awesome Herman's tumor is? What was that supposed to be, a self-pep talk?

I really am staring to think this show should have ended with the original batch of interns completed their education, season 9or 10, I think. They are seriously spinning their wheels this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X