This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this be Hell?

everyone must remember Window of Opportunity where the SG team along with Earth & a bunch of other planets got stuck in a time loop - with ONeil & Teal'C being the "real" victims since they retained the memories of each loop

Now the loop repeated itself every 6 hours which at least left time for the victims to "live", as well as devise a means of escape...

...now imagine the same predicament, but this time with an interval of only 6 seconds (or less)
    Last edited by SoulReaver; 21 September 2006, 12:20 PM.

Bored today?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
      everyone must remember Window of Opportunity where the SG team along with Earth & a bunch of other planets got stuck in a time loop - with ONeil & Teal'C being the "real" victims since they retained the memories of each loop

Now the loop repeated itself every 6 hours which at least left time for the victims to "live", as well as devise a means of escape...

...now imagine the same predicament, but this time with an interval of only 6 seconds (or less)
      I thought it was ten hour loops...

And yes, every six seconds would suck.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Then you couldn't figure it out to reset it.
        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
        Zatnikitelman

Comment

I guess it would be Hell having to have a loop where every six seconds, you'd be back staring at Daniel's face doing that cute little face (I don't really remember, it's Daniel, I'm assuming it's cute)... ... ...

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell
            Bored today?
            Not today
            Last edited by SoulReaver; 08 March 2007, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
              I thought it was ten hour loops...

And yes, every six seconds would suck.
              quite sure it was 6...

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                I guess it would be Hell having to have a loop where every six seconds, you'd be back staring at Daniel's face doing that cute little face (I don't really remember, it's Daniel, I'm assuming it's cute)... ... ...
                and Teal'c would keep banging into the door every 6 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman
                  Then you couldn't figure it out to reset it.
                  Precisely - that's the hell part. Even suicide would be impossible for lack of time

(though I'm not sure if death would have allowed Teal'c & Jack to escape the 6 hour loop)

Comment

That would definantly suck. All you really could do was look at someone. Couldn't even kill yourself!! Or someone else you really really hate!!!
                    sigpic

GROOVY!!

<A href="http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=altonbrownrox">Play Trivia and Quizzes at FunTrivia.com</a>

Come and play trivia quizzes to your heart's desire!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver
                      and Teal'c would keep banging into the door every 6 seconds
                      I doubt it. Teal'c's in the mess with Jack at the start of the loop. So Jack would be staring dreamingly into Daniel's eyes while Teal'c looking at whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                        I doubt it. Teal'c's in the mess with Jack at the start of the loop. So Jack would be staring dreamingly into Daniel's eyes while Teal'c looking at whatever.
                        Nope, watch again: every time the loop restarts some guy with glasses opens the door just in front of Teal'c, who bumps into it - Teal'c himself tells Jack about it when he tells him he's not the only one who must "endure some discomfort" :|

Comment

Nope, watch again: every time the loop restarts some guy with glasses opens the door just in front of Teal'c, who bumps into it - Teal'c himself tells Jack about it when he tells him he's not the only one who must "endure some discomfort" :|
                          i'll never forget that part...

walks into door..

(randon guy) i'm really sorry!

you have said that many times the next time i will not be so forgiving

best stargate line ever

and yes 6 seconds would be hell, there'd be no escape for eternity...that would suck so bad i'd go insane
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
                            i'll never forget that part...

walks into door..

(randon guy) i'm really sorry!

you have said that many times the next time i will not be so forgiving

best stargate line ever

and yes 6 seconds would be hell, there'd be no escape for eternity...that would suck so bad i'd go insane
                            ...and the poor guy doesn't even know what Teal'c is talking about hehe...
                            at one point Teal'c also pushes the door sending the guy flying back into his room :|

not sure about "Eternity" though...the time machine only affected a defined region of space & the Tokra said they'd been trying to contact SG for 3 months or something - at some point later they or another species with advanced tech might have tried to break the time "bubble"
                            But if they failed then yeah it'd be Hell, capital H...no time to even vent out between loops
                            and no hope of even dying of old age (I take it the victims also returned to their initial age @ each loop)

EDIT: on 2nd thought I'm not sure about the aging part either...if the machine affected their bodies (possible since they were physically in the beam and they did retain their memories after each loop) then they would age...but if it only affected their "spirits" then it would be eternal Hell
                            Last edited by SoulReaver; 13 October 2006, 09:56 PM.

Comment

It would be hell.

One theory about life after death is you repeat the circumstances of your death over and over forever.

Imagine being stabbed.

Comment

Working...
                              X