This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill the show, but DO NOT kill the story

IF, they really intend to follow up with axing StarGate SG1 and not change their minds then FINE.

But do not kill the story that is in SG1. True with 1/2 of the original SG1 team being gone, SG1 technically is no more. Change the title, but not the story...

However, the Ori storyline... THAT must continue.

I won't be satisfied with a miniseries. To think an enemy who are basically, "evil Ancients" can be defeated within a miniseries it just plain ridiculous. It took us 8yrs to take down the wimpy Goa'uld. But 2 seasons and a miniseries to take down the mighty Ori? PAH!

New series with a new premise? I think that was what they intended to do anyway... so go forth with...

STARGATE COMMAND

And for those "give it up" people....

As Sam would put it... you can "reroute power". Power = story, primary conduit = SG1, alternate conduit = SGC ....
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

I agree and carry over Cam and Vala to it so they can actually be fleshed out and not put up with well developed characters for a change.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
      I agree and carry over Cam and Vala to it so they can actually be fleshed out and not put up with well developed characters for a change.
      Yeah, but then they'd have to write some exits for the other characters.

Teal'c could become the new "Bra'Tac" and be in command of the Free Jaffa Nation... or one of the FJN factions.

Sam... she can either remain on the team (why not have two girls on the team?) -or- she could be reassigned to somewhere else. Maybe commanding a new class of Earth ship or an upgrade of the DSC-304s or she can be in command of the Odessy

As for Danny boy... we already know whats gonna happen to him with regards to Adria's statement of the Ori having "plans" for him.

That leaves Cam and Vala, and they could muster up a new SG1 team to work in the new location for StarGate Command.
      http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
      http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I'll happily take a mini-series after Season 10 comes to a close. Better that than nothing IMO. But after that, I would love for the story to continue in some way.

The Ori are too much of a threat to be dealt with so easily. And I really like how Mitchell and Vala have developed since last season. Be it a new show or whatever, I'd be more than open to that. We'll just have to wait and see.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
          Yeah, but then they'd have to write some exits for the other characters.

Teal'c could become the new "Bra'Tac" and be in command of the Free Jaffa Nation... or one of the FJN factions.

Sam... she can either remain on the team (why not have two girls on the team?) -or- she could be reassigned to somewhere else. Maybe commanding a new class of Earth ship or an upgrade of the DSC-304s or she can be in command of the Odessy

As for Danny boy... we already know whats gonna happen to him with regards to Adria's statement of the Ori having "plans" for him.

That leaves Cam and Vala, and they could muster up a new SG1 team to work in the new location for StarGate Command.
          Sam is a MUST, she and Vala although we haven't seen much of them together yet, are really great and the writers just can't waste it.
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I so disagree with this. Let's just pretend that season 9 didn't happen and forget the Ori.

The previous 8 seasons are based on an elbaorate theory found in chariots of the Gods, The theory has historical roots and even some evidence to make it interesting and connected to our own history.

The Ori are a sick abberration from fantasy land. They are not Sci-fi. They are offensive to many of the viewers and one of the reasons the show went south.

Kill it and let it die......

Comment

This is how I feel about any transferring of characters:

Mitchell - He needs more seasons, the guy was great in Season 9. Season 10, I don't really know what they were thinking when they toned him down. He continues being leader of SG-1.

Daniel - Highly unlikely. MS obviously has other plans for the future. I have no idea how they'd write him off.

Vala - Without Daniel, I really don't know. Shes shown some interesting interactions with both Sam and Cam. And theres her entire past thats worth exploring still but...hmm...

Sam - Well if they can get her to do more than just spout technobabble every so often and AT is willing then go for it. I've never been a big fan of Sam, still not but hey, I don't know anyone good enough to replace her.

Teal'c - Done. Over with. Teal'c has been used as far as he should be. Send him off to lead whats left of his people.

It'd be nice if Jonas would replace Daniel's role on the time but of course, its unlikely.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                I so disagree with this. Let's just pretend that season 9 didn't happen and forget the Ori.

The previous 8 seasons are based on an elbaorate theory found in chariots of the Gods, The theory has historical roots and even some evidence to make it interesting and connected to our own history.

The Ori are a sick abberration from fantasy land. They are not Sci-fi. They are offensive to many of the viewers and one of the reasons the show went south.

Kill it and let it die......
                Oh brother, another one of "Those" people. Offensive to many viewers? Why? Because it has a religious undertone? If you ask me, the Ori act just like Conservative Christian Evangelicals, if you don't believe like they do, then you are evil. The Ori and Conservative Christian Evangelicals both tend to act like a fascist movement. So the Ori story line is a huge reflection of what is really happening in the US, not to mention others. It seems that religious fanatism is on the rise in real life, and the Ori reflect this. So the only people that would be offended by the Ori characters and plots, are Conservative Christian Evangelicals.
                The other perspective is this; they are the bad guys, you are supposed to be offended by them! That's why they are called the antagonists. And the Ori are SciFi, they are basically the Anti-Ancients. As the SG world grew and the knowledge of the characters grew, so did the need for the bad guys to be "bader". What would you wanted to happen? Do you wish the SG universe continued to plod along with the Goa'uld for everything, and the humans were just as unknowledgable after 9 years as they were on day 1? That would have been boring to the point of being tortuous. I for one, love the Ori plot. As someone has said, it's like we are starting all over again. The only thing I wish there was, and we haven't seen it, yet atleast, is a ground battle between the Ori and Earth forces. Since Season 9, SG-1 is basically a new series. SciFi wouldn't let them rebrand it as a new series, that much we know as fact. I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about season 9, but season 10 is MUCH better. If SG-1 offends you so easily, there is one quick and easy solution, change the channel. Nothing irratates me more than people who find a TV show offensive and then try to kill it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Don't try to control what I watch and like, just because you disagree with it. It just amazes me that some people think it's their duty to dictate what is "appropriate" for TV based on their own sense of morality. This all reminds me of the Janet Jackson fiasco. "Some people" were screeming bloody murder about it and used it as an excuse to impose a conservative religious set of standards into censorship. And the thing is, the JJ fiasco was all about nothing. You couldn't really see anything; infact you see more on a National Geographic TV show.

I just don't agree with you kmiller1610. The Ori plot involves a lot of elements from human history. King Arthur, Merlin, the San Graal (proper spelling) and such. It is using European mythology and history in the plot instead of Ancient Egyptian or Ancient Greek. European mythology is not my favorite, but they are doing a good job at weaving a story, with some plot twists as well. I say, don't kill the show OR the story. That's what I think, and it's only my opinion.
                Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
                  Oh brother, another one of "Those" people. Offensive to many viewers? Why? Because it has a religious undertone? If you ask me, the Ori act just like Conservative Christian Evangelicals, if you don't believe like they do, then you are evil. The Ori and Conservative Christian Evangelicals both tend to act like a fascist movement. So the Ori story line is a huge reflection of what is really happening in the US, not to mention others. It seems that religious fanatism is on the rise in real life, and the Ori reflect this. So the only people that would be offended by the Ori characters and plots, are Conservative Christian Evangelicals.
                  The other perspective is this; they are the bad guys, you are supposed to be offended by them! That's why they are called the antagonists. And the Ori are SciFi, they are basically the Anti-Ancients. As the SG world grew and the knowledge of the characters grew, so did the need for the bad guys to be "bader". What would you wanted to happen? Do you wish the SG universe continued to plod along with the Goa'uld for everything, and the humans were just as unknowledgable after 9 years as they were on day 1? That would have been boring to the point of being tortuous. I for one, love the Ori plot. As someone has said, it's like we are starting all over again. The only thing I wish there was, and we haven't seen it, yet atleast, is a ground battle between the Ori and Earth forces. Since Season 9, SG-1 is basically a new series. SciFi wouldn't let them rebrand it as a new series, that much we know as fact. I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about season 9, but season 10 is MUCH better. If SG-1 offends you so easily, there is one quick and easy solution, change the channel. Nothing irratates me more than people who find a TV show offensive and then try to kill it. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Don't try to control what I watch and like, just because you disagree with it. It just amazes me that some people think it's their duty to dictate what is "appropriate" for TV based on their own sense of morality. This all reminds me of the Janet Jackson fiasco. "Some people" were screeming bloody murder about it and used it as an excuse to impose a conservative religious set of standards into censorship. And the thing is, the JJ fiasco was all about nothing. You couldn't really see anything; infact you see more on a National Geographic TV show.

I just don't agree with you kmiller1610. The Ori plot involves a lot of elements from human history. King Arthur, Merlin, the San Graal (proper spelling) and such. It is using European mythology and history in the plot instead of Ancient Egyptian or Ancient Greek. European mythology is not my favorite, but they are doing a good job at weaving a story, with some plot twists as well. I say, don't kill the show OR the story. That's what I think, and it's only my opinion.

Very well put
                  www.AlexReekie.com

Comment

If you don't like it, don't watch it.
                    And so many thousands followed this advice and lo and behold the show was cancelled.

You know the series used to appeal to wide audience but now it doesn't. I'm happy some people still enjoy it but I wish it still appealed to a wide range of people because then we would all be probably looking forward to another season instead of it being cancelled.
                    -

Comment

I havent posted in ages and im not that into it, but I had to come on hear and take a look at what people are saying and it seems to me that if a show decides to paraody christianism it goes all bellly up. Yet if a show has a version of other religions its fine. This may insult some but it seems like religious fundamentalism is growing and hipocrity (spelling) is rife especially in america in terms of religion in my opinion.

Comment

Not only yours. Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                          This is how I feel about any transferring of characters:

Vala - Without Daniel, I really don't know. Shes shown some interesting interactions with both Sam and Cam. And theres her entire past thats worth exploring still but...hmm...
                          Excuse me... what BUT?

Comment

You guys/gals are killin me with this anti-Christian BS. First, if the Ori represent any earth religion, it would Islam. Isn't it Islam that believes they must kill all the infidels? Second, if Christians were offended by the show, you would be hearing about it.

I know many Christians that are huge Science Fiction fans, and especially Stargate fans. And the Ori arc hasn't changed that at all.

I think some of you might be letting your anti-American and/or anti-Christian issues roll over into your frustration with SG1 being cancelled. You cannot blame Christians and/or President Bush for everything that is wrong in the world.

Stop drink the crazy liberal Kool-aid and come back to reality!

Comment

SGC Maybe but isn't it time we take the fight to the Ori. Instead of us siting safe on earth hopeing the Outpost will protect them I'ts about time we form a new cammand on a new planet because if you recall when Sg-1 went to the future 1978 they were in a stargate cammand that looked closed down. The fact is because of the cost to run Stargate cammand we have stoped exploreing. I say lets start on a new planet maybe one in the asgard galaxy like it could have been a base keeped by the asgard to remeber the Alliance they made and that the Ancient gene is needed to run. So Put Jack in charge (the asgard won't mind Oniel) put carter on another planet inwich her, Earth Scienest, and Asgard to research stuff to help against the Ori. I agree that Teal'c could lead the jaffa if you think about it he is probley the only one who could. Daniel can stay on the base as a Translator of the Ancinet Database the asgard would insert into the bases outpost plus help out when Ancient stuff is found on ori Worlds. Micheal and Vala can form a new team maybe see if Clone Oniel can join and some jaff.

I'll let you guys name
                              Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                              Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                              new enemy of the Ori
                              At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Working...
                              X