This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla's Fighting Style

What is the origin of Teyla's fighting style that we saw a glimpse of in "Suspicion"? Did these skills come about as a need to defend her people from the Wraith or were they passed on to her by her elders?

All I can say is that that was an awsome fight scene.

Comment

They haven't said yet what it's origin is among her people, but the earth origin appears to be Philipino stick fighting. It has to be one of the more beautiful martial arts to watch...

Comment

Stick fu?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I belive its just a slighty modded form of Kali the "philipino stick art" mentioned before.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
            What is the origin of Teyla's fighting style that we saw a glimpse of in "Suspicion"? Did these skills come about as a need to defend her people from the Wraith or were they passed on to her by her elders?
            from scifi.com

""So I'm learning kali, which is a form of Filipino martial arts [stick fighting], and now I'm learning a bit of kung fu and … boxing and hand-to-hand and knife [fighting]."

Comment

knife fighting! does that mean theres going to be a drunken bar fight?

Comment

Whatever it was, I want to see more of it. It was very graceful in addition to being powerful. I thought it fit well with her physique.
                "You're creepin' me out, Mc Kay." Carter

Comment

Originally posted by rihannsu
                  Whatever it was, I want to see more of it. It was very graceful in addition to being powerful. I thought it fit well with her physique.
                  Yes, I agree, but 'wraith' beats 'stick' every time.

Comment

Wraith would for sure beat stick every time. I was impressed at Teyla's bravery level to even challenge a Wraith without the use of bullets within reach. The amount of death the Wraith had continually placed on her people must burn her up inside. I look forward to seeing her show off more of her skill in the future. TEYLA ROCKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rihannsu
                      Physique is right!!! What a speciman! How does one go about getting in that kind of shape?! She must live in the Atlantis training facility.Whatever it is that keeps her looking like that, she should keep doing it because............wow!

Comment

It was very pretty, but I'm getting sick of seeing a fight scene between enemies trying to kill one another where the opponant politely waits for his/her enemy to finish a neat and nifty spin before attacking them.

You do a spin to gather force for a blow, unless your opponant is recovering from his/her own move, they simply hit you in the back before you complete the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Wilde Irish
                          It was very pretty, but I'm getting sick of seeing a fight scene between enemies trying to kill one another where the opponant politely waits for his/her enemy to finish a neat and nifty spin before attacking them.

You do a spin to gather force for a blow, unless your opponant is recovering from his/her own move, they simply hit you in the back before you complete the move.
                          Any spinning that I remember in that fight was either during an attack or, like the opening, at a distance. It was very fast paced, with very little wasted movement. The fact that the actress, Rachel Lutrell, was performing the motions herself was impressive enough, let alone the speed and accuracy. Any waiting that was done was obviously the Wraith's arrogance regarding the cattle's ability to do him any real damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinmyownvoid
                            knife fighting! does that mean theres going to be a drunken bar fight?
                            Spoiler:
                            Teyla will be knife fighting with Sora in The Eye

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM
                              Physique is right!!! What a speciman! How does one go about getting in that kind of shape?! She must live in the Atlantis training facility.Whatever it is that keeps her looking like that, she should keep doing it because............wow!
                              Yea, Weir should take the hint.

Comment

Working...
                              X