X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas to make StarWars 7, 8, 9?

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertain...14&p=yy5xzy5zx

Employees at Lucas's company Industrial Light and Magic have all been made to sign non-disclosure agreements to promise not to talk about the possibility of episode's seven, eight and nine being made.

Oh, I sincerely hope not. If the quality of eps 1,2, & 3 are anything to go by then it would just be sad. They're just gonna suck this franchise dry aren't they?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

oh yeah! that could be good news!! that would be great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
        Oh, I sincerely hope not. If the quality of eps 1,2, & 3 are anything to go by then it would just be sad. They're just gonna suck this franchise dry aren't they?
        It could be good as long as they cast the right people though... no more "teenage anakin's"... they need better actors than that.

Comment

Like I told Darren, maybe what Lucas needs is to get back with actors that can manage with his obvious absence of actor-directing

Comment

Originally posted by David
            Like I told Darren, maybe what Lucas needs is to get back with actors that can manage with his obvious absence of actor-directing
            lol... well put

Comment

Oh goodness no, NO, NO! Anybody but Lucas! Lucas should stick to producing...don't let him direct!
              Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
              O'Neill: Who doesn't?
              - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
              - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
              once done, cannot be undone...
              brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

The story is his, but you're right...he shouldn't be solely responsible for the screenplay and he shouldn't go near directing. He did get sole writing credit for 1 and 4...and so for for 3, but the man needs a bubble-burster.

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Personally i think he needs to leave Star Wars alone now and revisit Indiana Jones.

Comment

I have to give Lucas one thing, his CGI is flawless. Its so real looking.

As for 7,8,9.....eh....I'm not a HUGE SW fan, but I did like A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi, the best.

Also, how is he going to replace Mark Hamilton? You can't find another Luke...so I guess it means alot of makeup.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I guess Lukas took a look at the three prequals and figured he hadn't frelled up the franchise quite badly enough yet.

You know, six years ago this would have been great news. Now I'm fervently hoping that it's just an internet rumor.

Comment

I for one am looking forward to seeing this being made. True, the prequels haven´t been that great but still any sci-fi is better then none.

Pitty there is no way to rejuvinate the actors from the orignal trilogy and then do a Heir to empire movie trilogy, those books were really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                          Pitty there is no way to rejuvinate the actors from the orignal trilogy and then do a Heir to empire movie trilogy, those books were really good.
                          Like Lukas would ever be sensible enough to use Zahn's masterfull work.

No he'll insist on writing his own drivel. And probably also rewriting the original trilogy even more *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                            I for one am looking forward to seeing this being made. True, the prequels haven´t been that great but still any sci-fi is better then none.
                            Aiyee! Be careful what you wish for (Matrix Revolutions, Event Horizon, Killer Clowns from Outer Space...)!

Comment

If so, this is a real turn-around for him. He has always said "Absolutely not!" to doing 7,8,9. The original rumors 15 years ago centered around the fact that he had this story that he thought might take nine movies to tell, but he ended up telling the entire story in 6. That was the whole reason he allowed all the fiction to be written that takes place after 6. They actually follow the fiction storylines to make sure they are consistent and since he had no intention of doing anything after 6, fiction writers had a lot of license. In fact, I've seen interviews where he talks about the fact that he would love to get back to doing non-science fiction movies. He has always said that when he set out to do Star Wars that sci-fi was not his main intent - it just happened to be the setting of his story.

Oh, and he IS doing another Indiana Jones movie. Harrison Ford comes back and it is supposed to be an "aging" Indiana. In fact, I think the script is done. My understanding is that George and Steve are getting started on that as soon as 3 is done.

-tera'ngan
                              nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Working...
                              X