Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Mitchell contradict canon and the show's history?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does Mitchell contradict canon and the show's history?

Okay, I've seen a lot of people saying whilst Cam-bashing that his position on and as leader of SG-1 contradicts the show's canon and history.
    How so?

he does'nt
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

I haven't seen anyone say that? The only thing I can think of which could make that true is the fact he was appointed leader of SG-1 despite having no special SGC training or ever going off-world.
      //

O'Neill: Phasers?
      Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by Carl
        I haven't seen anyone say that? The only thing I can think of which could make that true is the fact he was appointed leader of SG-1 despite having no special SGC training or ever going off-world.
        Apparentely he was the pilot who played the largest role in keeping the Al'kesh carrying SG-1 and Bra'tac alive during the battle in "Lost City". As a reward, Jack told him he could have anything he wanted (career-wise).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
          Apparentely he was the pilot who played the largest role in keeping the Al'kesh carrying SG-1 and Bra'tac alive during the battle in "Lost City". As a reward, Jack told him he could have anything he wanted (career-wise).

However, he got his ass shot down fairly early in the fight and didn't help at all, yet what happened was played out as if he was the hero of humanity.

That's the only problem with his position as leader of SG1, he didn't do anything to deserve it yet O'Neill was throwing offers like Mitchell made a difference rather than just leading the F-302s into battle. There is no canon issues or alter the history, unless the PTBs went back and completely redid the events to make him more of hero.

sigpic

Comment

I don't see him contradicting anything. In fact, the writers have gone out of their way to tell us that he has read up on old files and is fully aware of situations with all races. I think he fits in well.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Which has always seemed ridiculously weak to me. They should have at least made out that he'd had some prior experience within the SGC itself. Jack has saved the world god knows how much more than Mitchell as has every leader of every SG team below that of SG-1. I find it hard to believe that he'd be given charge of SG-1... has way too much of a "kid in a candy store" feel to it. Most definately one of the weakest points in SG-1 history.
              //

O'Neill: Phasers?
              Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                However, he got his ass shot down fairly early in the fight and didn't help at all, yet what happened was played out as if he was the hero of humanity.

That's the only problem with his position as leader of SG1, he didn't do anything to deserve it yet O'Neill was throwing offers like Mitchell made a difference rather than just leading the F-302s into battle. There is no canon issues or alter the history, unless the PTBs went back and completely redid the events to make him more of hero.
                That battle lasted for quite some time relatively speaking and to be fair, he kinda got shot down only by the end of it, when the drones came out to play.

Originally posted by Carl
                Which has always seemed ridiculously weak to me. They should have at least made out that he'd had some prior experience within the SGC itself. Jack has saved the world god knows how much more than Mitchell as has every leader of every SG team below that of SG-1. I find it hard to believe that he'd be given charge of SG-1... has way too much of a "kid in a candy store" feel to it. Most definately one of the weakest points in SG-1 history.
                Let me remind you all that SG-1 was no more when Mitchell was brought into the SGC. He was the one who reunited them!

Comment

That battle lasted for quite some time relatively speaking and to be fair, he kinda got shot down only by the end of it, when the drones came out to play.
                  From the state he was in, it looked to me as if a lot of time had passed by, as it appeared he had more than a few minutes of frost on him. The fight itself a relatively short one, so it's not like anything could have happened to make him a hero.

sigpic

Comment

Well it was daylight when he was shot down, and as SaberBalde said, had quite abit of frost on him.
                    On that note. it was daylight in 'Lost City' when the drones came out.
                    Though in 'Avalon', it was night time when the drones came out.

Let me remind you all that SG-1 was no more when Mitchell was brought into the SGC. He was the one who reunited them!
                    Yeah, that's another problem, as if the SGC wouldn't find new personel for the team.

I'm not a Cam basher but they really screwed that one up.
                    Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                    O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Actually, I think it does fit in perfectly. Think of the real world we live in and then think of the ramifications of a woman being made the leader of SG-1. I'm not saying that it's right or politically correct, but I think if this were real, it's entirely likely that the outcome would be the same. This happens routinely in the real US millitary, so I don't see why it should be ignored on the show. Afterall, the premise of the show is a 'what if it were real' based on the current time in history. At the same time, it's obviously not the show's fault that this is how things are. Ask women in the military if they think this is how it would work out.

Or, maybe he really is Jack's son.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth
                        Actually, I think it does fit in perfectly. Think of the real world we live in and then think of the ramifications of a woman being made the leader of SG-1. I'm not saying that it's right or politically correct, but I think if this were real, it's entirely likely that the outcome would be the same. This happens routinely in the real US millitary, so I don't see why it should be ignored on the show. Afterall, the premise of the show is a 'what if it were real' based on the current time in history. At the same time, it's obviously not the show's fault that this is how things are. Ask women in the military if they think this is how it would work out.

Or, maybe he really is Jack's son.

ok...if that is true, why was Sam leader of SG1 in season 8?

Comment

Because Jack was at the SGC and we didn't need anyone to replace him until S9.

Plus Jack was still like the 4th member of SG1.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by senordingdong
                            Well it was daylight when he was shot down, and as SaberBalde said, had quite abit of frost on him.
                            On that note. it was daylight in 'Lost City' when the drones came out.
                            Though in 'Avalon', it was night time when the drones came out.

Yeah, that's another problem, as if the SGC wouldn't find new personel for the team.

I'm not a Cam basher but they really screwed that one up.
                            SG-1 was no more. He was told he could lead a SG-team. So he decided to reunite SG-1.

And about getting shot down and whatnot. The fight itself didn't just last for only a few minutes, that should be obvious to anyone. For one thing, they had to melt a few miles of ice, which takes a while, ring in, face holo-Anubis, explore a bit, fight off a few Kull warriors and then have Jack Bring in the Drones.

Obviously, the battle lasted longer than what we got to see.

Comment

Obviously, the battle lasted longer than what we got to see.
                              Yeah obviously, I never said otherwise. And you saying so doesn't contradict what I said.

SG-1 was no more. He was told he could lead a SG-team. So he decided to reunite SG-1.
                              Yeah, and it is ridiculous to think the SGC or Air Force would just leave their flag team un-manned.
                              Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                              O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Working...
                              X