This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Tauri ship is very Powerful"what?[spoilers]

"In the Company of Thieves" one Ketan's lieutenants praises the Daedalus class a very powerful ship...yet it seems to get its ass kicked in every encounter...
    Last edited by Milleniumlance; 16 September 2006, 09:43 PM.

Most of those encounters are against multiple ships tho.

Comment

i think they are refering to its shields and hyperdrive as well as the beaming technology, which is superior to the goulds old stuff.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
        Most of those encounters are against multiple ships tho.

That is true. I'd really love to see how one Goa'uld Ha'tak mothership would do against two or three Daedalus class ships. I'm pretty sure that the Tau'ri ships would win, despite the fact the weapons aren't quite as good. The shield strength ought to make up for that, and put them on a more even playing ground in that area.

Daeadalus class: Weak weapons; Strong shields
        Ha'tak class: Strong weapons (relatively); weaker shields (relatively)
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

The rail guns are weaker than the Hat'ak's energy weapons, but the Daedalus class also has missiles, which help even out the weapons.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

The rail guns also seam to pass right through shields with no effect. That ability is lessened by rail guns limited ability to inflict damage, but if we could target key pionts on the ship, say gun implacements or the Pel'Tak (bridge), even just using rail guns would quickly give us the upper hand against a lone Ha'tak.

As for missiles, the x-301 was equiped with a new missile design that was supposedly capable of penetrating Gua'uld shield technology. Though we haven't seen proof that the technology works, it is likelly that this technology is incorporated into the missiles on our warships, which would make 304's (or even 302's if we wanted) more than a match for a small fleet of Ha'tak's, if one ever bothered to actually fight, instead of run. The real problem is the commander's are to afraid to scratch the paint on their fancy new toys.

Comment

Intergalatic hyper drive, beaming technology, nukes, very powerful railguns, F-302 which are "suppose" to carry hyperdrives (not sure if they do anymore)

yea id say powerful, remember in atlantis the daedalus did heavy damage to another hive with railguns alone
              Under the Ice of Antarctica....
              O'Neill: I cant go on....
              Carter: You spent 7 Years on MacGyver and you cant figure this one out. We got belt buckles, and shoelaces and a piece of gum build me a Nuclear reactor for crying out loud. You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimik but now your Mister MacUseless.

Comment

I would just love to finally win a battle.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

theoretically a 304 would smash a Ha'tak one on one, wouldn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Fox
                    Intergalatic hyper drive, beaming technology, nukes, very powerful railguns, F-302 which are "suppose" to carry hyperdrives (not sure if they do anymore)

yea id say powerful, remember in atlantis the daedalus did heavy damage to another hive with railguns alone
                    The hive already damaged by a nuke and the rail gun fire caused secondary explosions by hitting internal systems in the dart bay, one on one unless the deadalus can get several nuke impacts on a hive the hive is going to batter it every time rail guns seem to be ineffective against them unless hitting a weakspot, as for ha'taks i think one on one a deadalus would win hands down...
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

well the combined mw fleet versus ori battle at the end of season 9 the hatak vessels got pwned from one hit with the main guns, however the asgard and earth ships were able to take at one head on hit each.

Comment

Originally posted by cooky
                        The rail guns also seam to pass right through shields with no effect. That ability is lessened by rail guns limited ability to inflict damage, but if we could target key pionts on the ship, say gun implacements or the Pel'Tak (bridge), even just using rail guns would quickly give us the upper hand against a lone Ha'tak.

As for missiles, the x-301 was equiped with a new missile design that was supposedly capable of penetrating Gua'uld shield technology. Though we haven't seen proof that the technology works, it is likelly that this technology is incorporated into the missiles on our warships, which would make 304's (or even 302's if we wanted) more than a match for a small fleet of Ha'tak's, if one ever bothered to actually fight, instead of run. The real problem is the commander's are to afraid to scratch the paint on their fancy new toys.
                        Since when do railguns pass through shields, I have never seen that? Would've been one hell of an advantage during the Camelot battle.
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

i'm curious why we don't have energy weapons, for ten years we've had gould tech for energy weapons, i'm sure we could've assimilated that knowledge into our ships already along with projectiles and missiles..

Gelasius

Comment

Well, one, the only energy weapons (real life) that we've developed so far are laser-based systems. Systems which are best for use against fighters and missiles, but aren't powerful enough to do damage against capital ships.

Two, Felger's energy weapon is problematic at best. It's possible they've put it on the shelf or scrapped the project entirely and are working on something new, which, unfortunately, takes time.

And three, while the tech the Asgard have given us is very, very good, it's still underpowered, implying that we need better power generation systems before we think about mounting anything as power-intensive as directed-energy weapons on our ships.

Comment

Easy, Goa'uld weapons knowledge isn't worth it when we can ask the asgard for help building our own energy weapons and reactor systems that way we can actually win the battles we're able to win.
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X