This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casanova
    ONLY 5 stars? Our Chief of Defence Force is an Air Chief Marshal. That's 7 stars, above Air Marshal and Air Vice Marshal.
    Well, I'm not 100% sure how it works in Commonwealth nations. . . but I'm fairly certain that the notion of seniority is the same as what we use in the US.

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is operationally senior to all active-duty military personnel, but he still only has four stars. I think the same goes for your Chief of Defense Force.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
      Well, I'm not 100% sure how it works in Commonwealth nations. . . but I'm fairly certain that the notion of seniority is the same as what we use in the US.

The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is senior to all active-duty military personnel, but he still only has four stars. I think the same goes for your Chief of Defense Force.
      What I'm surprised about was that there are no Marshals in the US Military Command. Our CDF (ACM Angus Houston) is not on the Joint Chiefs, but is a separate, higher office. We have our Joint Chiefs, but they all answer directly to the ACM, and then the ACM to the Governor-General, who is Commander-in-Chief. It's Ironic the Prime Minister has no constitutional authority over the CDF though. I think there's an international standard for 'stars', it's just odd General Pace is lower in rank than ACM Houston, Australia being a Regional power rather then a Global power like the US is.
      Sometimes the truth........
      Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
      Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
      - General George S. Patton

Comment

What I'm surprised about was that there are no Marshals in the US Military Command. Our CDF (ACM Angus Houston) is not on the Joint Chiefs, but is a separate, higher office. We have our Joint Chiefs, but they all answer directly to the ACM, and then the ACM to the Governor-General, who is Commander-in-Chief. It's Ironic the Prime Minister has no constitutional authority over the CDF though. I think there's an international standard for 'stars', it's just odd General Pace is lower in rank than ACM Houston, Australia being a Regional power rather then a Global power like the US is.

no... there is no international standerd for "stars" as many nations dont even use them as insginia... how ever differant nations have varying sized militaries and as such dont have as High ranks... her is a bit of an example for flag ranks from my knowlage ( flag ranks being genrals , admirals etc) and thier equels

from lowerst to highest

Brigader (general ) (one star in the US)- Commador - air commador

Major general ( two stars in the us) - Rear admiral - air vice marshel

LT general (three stars in the us)- Vice Admiral - air marshell

General (four stars in the us)- admiral- air chief marshell

General of the army ( 5th star us)/ Field Marshell ( UK and others) - Fleet Admiral ( US) / Admiral of the fleet ( OK and others) - Marshell of the Air Force (UK ) General of the air force ( US )
        (6th star - US ONLY) Genral of the armies - admiral of the navy (in the UK it is presumable that the reigning monarch actually holds this equivialnt)
        Have a thirst for galactic conquest??
        Join the Battle

http://uc1.GamesTotal.com/?tft=cf20

Comment

Originally posted by LunchBoxWpg
          General (four stars in the us)- admiral- air chief marshell

General of the army ( 5th star us)/ Field Marshell ( UK and others) - Fleet Admiral ( US) / Admiral of the fleet ( OK and others) - Marshell of the Air Force (UK ) General of the air force ( US )
          (6th star - US ONLY) Genral of the armies - admiral of the navy (in the UK it is presumable that the reigning monarch actually holds this equivialnt)
          The rank of Air Chief Marshal is equal to Field Marshal in Australia. Traditionally the rank of Marshal has been held in high esteem. Australia's Field Marshal is the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip, although his role is purely ceremonial.
          Sometimes the truth........
          Spoiler:

..........Is stranger than fiction.
          Click Here>>>>>>My Myspace Page<<<<<<<Click Here

Losing people sucks but......"It is foolish and pointless to mourn the men who have died. Rather we should rejoice that such men lived."
          - General George S. Patton

Comment

The rank of Air Chief Marshal is equal to Field Marshal in Australia. Traditionally the rank of Marshal has been held in high esteem. Australia's Field Marshal is the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip, although his role is purely ceremonial.

are you sure about the air chief marshell being equel to the feild marshell? it wou seem to me to be a demotion is stature, that and from what I understood Australia used the same structure as the UK ( and other commenrwelth nations)...and by the sounds of it why would a non royal be held in equel standing to a royal in military rank outside of war time? I could be mistaken (N as I am not australian) how ever let us both check our info so see if it is correct? wikipedia here I come lol
            Have a thirst for galactic conquest??
            Join the Battle

http://uc1.GamesTotal.com/?tft=cf20

Comment

Working...
            X