X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6. Aragorn - 3rd Vote
    7. Kaylee - 3rd Vote

looks like we only need 8 more heroes before we hit 50, yay!
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Round 0

8) Sam Backett (Quantum Leap) <--2nd vote

Comment

Only 8 to go. Come on guys: Quatermass may be a long shot, but Eowyn? Romana? Inigo Montoya?
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Round 0

9. Sam Backett (Quantum Leap) <--3rd vote
          46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
          sigpic
          Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

... Green for anyone who votes Kosh!! (or Sisko... or Jeffrey Sinclair for that matter.) Also, more than willing to take it out in trade. (vote for votes, just to clarify.)

I've got 5 votes burning holes in my pockets...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              Only 8 to go. Come on guys: Quatermass may be a long shot, but Eowyn? Romana? Inigo Montoya?
              Inigo's already through.

8. Eowyn (Lord of the Rings)

There's no one else on the list that I want to push through and I suppose it's too late to add more. *sigh* But I will anyway....

9. Paul Atriedes (Dune)
              10. Vincent (Beauty and the Beast)

Is it just me, or does it seem like it's the same six or seven shows that get the bulk of the nominations in these tourneys. It's a little frustrating and a bit myopic. It would be nice to see a wider variety--perhaps from older shows, or movies or TV shows that don't have quite the cult following, but are just as good. Just my opinion....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
                ... Green for anyone who votes Kosh!! (or Sisko... or Jeffrey Sinclair for that matter.) Also, more than willing to take it out in trade. (vote for votes, just to clarify.)

I've got 5 votes burning holes in my pockets...

10. Kosh

Spoiler:
                Since you probably can't green me... aintright needs a heal.
                46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                sigpic
                Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                  Is it just me, or does it seem like it's the same six or seven shows that get the bulk of the nominations in these tourneys. It's a little frustrating and a bit myopic. It would be nice to see a wider variety--perhaps from older shows, or movies or TV shows that don't have quite the cult following, but are just as good. Just my opinion....
                  I totally agree, but I just can't think of anyone. I know when we get about a week into this I'm suddenly going to remember all the great heroes I loved when I was a kid. Oh well, my aging brain and I will just have to deal with it.

Comment

3. Buck Rogers (Buck Rogers) <-- NEW
                    4. Arthur Dent <-- 3rd vote
                    5. Vincent (Beauty and the Beast) <-- 2nd vote
                    6. Spiderman <-- 2nd vote

I'm dittoing Callista - my brain seems to have gone into blank mode for this tourney
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

9) OK, Thunderstorm, I'll second Buck Rogers (I used to love that show!)

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                        Round Zero

#1 John Crichton (Farscape) *Through*
                        #2 Malcom Reynolds (Firefly) *Through*
                        #3 Jayne Cobb (Firefly) *Through*
                        #4 T-800 (Terminator 2: Judgement Day) *Through*
                        #5 Buffy Summers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) *Through*

#6 G'Kar (Babylon 5) *Through*
                        #7 Benjamin Sisko (DS9) <------- 3rd vote
                        #8 Eowyn (Lord of the Rings) <------- 3rd vote
                        Last edited by LoneStar1836; 17 September 2006, 02:07 PM.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          Not bad, but, technically, that's not Spike. Personally, I think this one sums him up better:

"You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll fight and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other 'til it makes you quiver, but you'll never be friends. Love's not brains, children, it's blood. Blood, screaming inside you to work its will. I may be love's *****, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."
                          I'm going to have to agree with KMiller on this one. That may make him a good guy or a semi-romantic, or honest, but that doesn't make him a hero.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
                            I'll admit to being out of touch, but how is that heroic? I do hope we're not going to have another, "it's my favorite show so I'm voting for it no matter what the category is" tournament.......

Definition of "hero"

American Heritage Dictionary

1. In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.
                            2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.
                            3. A person noted for special achievement in a particular field: the heroes of medicine.
                            The reason I put my quote of Spike's recitted poem in 'Not Fade Away' is that was the last poem William aka Spike wrote before he's turned into a Vampire, and that's also the poem he recite on his (what he believe of) last night as a Vampire (with a soul).
                            It's actually a journey for him, from a nobody, to a ruthless villain without remorse, to a vampire with a nagging consciense.
                            To quote your AHD description, Spike knows that Angel has ask everyone of them a next to impossible tasks, to kill their enemy that is so strong & evil with no real hope to get out alive, it's practically an impossible mission but they have to do it because nobody else would do it (or even know about it), so it is an unpopular war.
                            That is the reason for me to nominate all Angel's friends as heroes, I would put Gunn/Lorne too but Gunn did really bad on Fred/Illyria thing & Lorne left at the end, so less hero-ism for them.

My 10th nomination :

River Tam (Firefly/Serenity, 'I ate a bug' , I would quote what she said to Simon before she went out to fight, but I don't know the real words )
                            sigpic
                            sig.by : lilferret

Comment

9. Superman

Cannot belive he isn't in it yet

EDIT: Did a search and I believe it to be the 2nd Vote for the Hero!
                              Last edited by jazz!; 18 September 2006, 11:16 AM.
                              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

4. Romana (Doctor Who) <- 2nd vote
                                5. Kosh (Babylon 5) <- 3rd vote
                                6. Data (ST: TNG) <- 2nd vote
                                I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X