X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some quick news bits:

Annabeth Gish has posted on her Instagram page that she'll be returning as Monica Reyes in the new season!

Veronica Cartwright told a fan at a recent convention that she'll be back in Season 11 as Cassandra Spender!

And, last but not least, according to IMDB.com, Kavan Smith (Lorne himself and the man in my avatar pic) has been cast in one of the next season's episodes!

With filming now underway, I'm starting to get pretty excited for the new season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
      Some quick news bits:

Annabeth Gish has posted on her Instagram page that she'll be returning as Monica Reyes in the new season!

Veronica Cartwright told a fan at a recent convention that she'll be back in Season 11 as Cassandra Spender!

And, last but not least, according to IMDB.com, Kavan Smith (Lorne himself and the man in my avatar pic) has been cast in one of the next season's episodes!

With filming now underway, I'm starting to get pretty excited for the new season.
      Absolutely overjoyed at the news of the return of Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes! Hoping that this season they'll give her some scenes with David Duchovny as Mulder!

Absolutely shocked at the news of the return of Veronica Cartwright considering how things ended for Cassandra Spender in Season 6! Will her son, Jeffrey Spender (Chris Owens) be returning too I wonder?

Roll on Season 11!

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Some quick news bits:

OOoooohhhhh
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Absolutely overjoyed at the news of the return of Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes! Hoping that this season they'll give her some scenes with David Duchovny as Mulder!

Absolutely shocked at the news of the return of Veronica Cartwright considering how things ended for Cassandra Spender in Season 6! Will her son, Jeffrey Spender (Chris Owens) be returning too I wonder?

Roll on Season 11!

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
          I know! The Cassandra Spender thing is a total curveball.

I'm glad Reyes will be back and I hope Doggett manages to join her.

Comment

X-Files Season 11: Production Start and Robert Patrick Open to Returning

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

TVLine.com is reporting that Robbie Amell ("Miller") and Lauren Ambrose ("Einstein") will be returning for Season 11 as well.

Comment

TVLine.com is reporting that Robbie Amell ("Miller") and Lauren Ambrose ("Einstein") will be returning for Season 11 as well.
                I had a feeling they would be returning considering how Season 10 ended. I just hope that Miller and Einstein get fleshed out as characters a bit more rather than being just another Mulder and another Scully and turned up to 10.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

I had a feeling they would be returning considering how Season 10 ended. I just hope that Miller and Einstein get fleshed out as characters a bit more rather than being just another Mulder and another Scully and turned up to 10.
                  Yeah, they're pretty much blank slates at this point, but the potential is there. I've liked Ambrose in other projects and she could probably bring more life to the Einstein character, given the opportunity. Amell is an attractive actor, but I find his performance as Miller to be fairly bland. Hopefully they both step up to flesh out their roles in the new season -- along with the writers, of course.

Comment

Yeah, they're pretty much blank slates at this point, but the potential is there. I've liked Ambrose in other projects and she could probably bring more life to the Einstein character, given the opportunity. Amell is an attractive actor, but I find his performance as Miller to be fairly bland. Hopefully they both step up to flesh out their roles in the new season -- along with the writers, of course.
                    Definitely agree that there is potential in the characters of Einstein and Miller. I just hope that Chris Carter realises they're both lacking depth and complexity and fixes that in S11.
                    I'm unaware of Amell's previous work nor do I know of anything I've seen him in before The X-Files but what little he had to work with playing Miller he made it work. He's a good actor.
                    Ambrose I have seen work before. I was very impressed with her in Series 4 of Torchwood (one of a short list of things to find impressive with the "Miracle Day" arc of that series). Like Amell, Ambrose is a great actor...they both just need really juicy material to develop their characters next season.

Comment

Definitely agree that there is potential in the characters of Einstein and Miller. I just hope that Chris Carter realises they're both lacking depth and complexity and fixes that in S11.
                      I'm unaware of Amell's previous work nor do I know of anything I've seen him in before The X-Files but what little he had to work with playing Miller he made it work. He's a good actor.
                      Ambrose I have seen work before. I was very impressed with her in Series 4 of Torchwood (one of a short list of things to find impressive with the "Miracle Day" arc of that series). Like Amell, Ambrose is a great actor...they both just need really juicy material to develop their characters next season.
                      Agreed.

I'd forgotten that Ambrose was in that last Torchwood series (which, you're right, wasn't the best -- but especially since it was following on the heels of "Children of Earth," a truly superb miniseries). I'm most familiar with her work on Six Feet Under.

Amell I know from that short-lived Tomorrow People reboot a few years ago and from playing Firestorm during the Flash's first season.

Comment

Agreed.

I'd forgotten that Ambrose was in that last Torchwood series (which, you're right, wasn't the best -- but especially since it was following on the heels of "Children of Earth," a truly superb miniseries). I'm most familiar with her work on Six Feet Under.

Amell I know from that short-lived Tomorrow People reboot a few years ago and from playing Firestorm during the Flash's first season.
                        OMG, don't I know it. The "Children of Earth" arc was amazing TV! I personally think that RTD was blinded by the almighty dollar when it came to Miracle Day that he lost sight of the plot and that there were far too many cooks in the kitchen writing/producing it that it was trying to please both British and American execs and audiences.

Anyway, I digress. Assuming everybody now accepts the existence of extraterrestrial life after the public appearance of UFO's at the end of S10 (unless there is mass memory wipes) I wonder if they should expand the X-Files Division beyond the basement office now that they've been validated and so it gives more purpose for Miller and Einstein to be working alongside Mulder and Scully... and perhaps Reyes too depending on what her role in S11 is.

Comment

OMG, don't I know it. The "Children of Earth" arc was amazing TV! I personally think that RTD was blinded by the almighty dollar when it came to Miracle Day that he lost sight of the plot and that there were far too many cooks in the kitchen writing/producing it that it was trying to please both British and American execs and audiences.

Anyway, I digress. Assuming everybody now accepts the existence of extraterrestrial life after the public appearance of UFO's at the end of S10 (unless there is mass memory wipes) I wonder if they should expand the X-Files Division beyond the basement office now that they've been validated and so it gives more purpose for Miller and Einstein to be working alongside Mulder and Scully... and perhaps Reyes too depending on what her role in S11 is.
                          I like that idea. A group of special agents investigating cases. Robert Patrick said he's open to returning as Doggett, so he could easily be added to the mix, too. Skinner's role could be much more substantial in this situation -- think General Hammond overseeing the various SG teams. This, of course, has spin-off potential written all over it.

For these ten episodes, though, I'd prefer the focus to remain squarely on Mulder and Scully. Maybe with the occasional assist from one or two of the others in an episode, but let them utilize Duchovny & Anderson as much as possible in what may be their final outing as the special agents. It would be kind of cool to just get references to the other characters and their whereabouts.

For instance, Mulder & Scully are looking into a monster terrorizing a small town in Montana and they mention in dialogue that Miller & Einstein are interviewing witnesses to strange lights in the skies over Detroit or Reyes is working undercover to expose the new Conspiracy of Men (#ReyesRedemption). That sort of thing. The actors themselves don't need to appear and it helps to suggest a wider X-Files universe is at work.

If their son William shows up on the show, maybe he could be incorporated into the "family business" of paranormal investigation.

Comment

NY Comic-Con Official Trailer: THE X-FILES | Season 11 | THE X-FILES

Comment

That trailer looks amazing!!

Thanks for posting it, Alan.

Comment

That trailer looks amazing!!

Thanks for posting it, Alan.
                                My pleasure! Very excited for Season 11!

Comment

Working...
                                X