X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.C.
    What did everyone think of the first The X-Files movie?

I loved the x-files movie..It was easy to understand even if you were not an x-files fan ...Some people said it was like 2 episodes stuck together but I disagree with that. I think the editing was extremely well done ..and I watched the DVD many times actually....

I also loved the hallway scene (Damm ...bee )..
    Also I'm a fan of the Landeau's ....therefore Martin Landeau from Space 1999 ...was a bonus for me. ...( made a few videos for Space 1999.... Commander John Koenig & Doctor Helena Russell were so cute together)..Shame that Martin and Barbara are now separated .

Anyway I just hope the x-files movie 2 will be a real blockbuster ...They had enough time to think about a smashing script.

Caty

Comment

Forget the shippy hallway scene. What about the awesome sky scraper explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by kneon light
        Met Gillian Anderson a few weeks ago in London.

Got photos and autographs.

Just thought I'd share that.
        Not trying to make anyone jealous are you? .

Lucky you. Was that at her new play? I hope you had a nice time meeting her!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by gpguk
          Hi

didnt read any of the other posts cause i was so excited about this and i didnt know if anyone else had posted it, but i got the new SFX today and there was a tiny piece on the x-file movie thats ment to be being written or being about to be written and dd said that chris carter (a brilliant man x the biggest number in the world) has come up with an idea and should start shooting next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and there is going to be a new villan and the film should appeal to new fans and hard core fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very giddy when i saw that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Well I knew that there were talks about XF 2 movie and that CC has a good script in mind but I didn't hear that they would start shooting next year! Very cool ...well just as long as it is a good standalone episode and is nothing whatsoever like most of season 9, then it should be ok!

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
            Forget the shippy hallway scene. What about the awesome sky scraper explosion.
            I like both . The shippy scene was great (yes I am a shipper in XF and in Stargate ) ...the scraper explosion was brilliant too...very intense. Loved how Scully shouted 'there's no time' and then they get into the car and boom!

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              I also loved the hallway scene (Damm ...bee )..
              Also I'm a fan of the Landeau's ....therefore Martin Landeau from Space 1999 ...was a bonus for me. ...( made a few videos for Space 1999.... Commander John Koenig & Doctor Helena Russell were so cute together)..Shame that Martin and Barbara are now separated .
              How did I know that you loved the hallway scene too . Yes that damn bee. It could have bitten her a few seconds later just after they had a little kiss!

I have watched some of your space 1999 videos btw, and although I am not a fan of Space 1999, I did enjoy the videos. You just have a real talent . Have you every thought about doing X Files music videos?

Btw... I have downloaded your latest Sam and Jack videos and will watch soon . Have to savour these ones if you are not doing anymore for a while .

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Damn the bee indeed

Well I've never made any secret of the fact that I absolutely and completely and totally adore The X-Files movie...... that film's got absolutely everything, action, intrigue, shippiness, and it really was different from the episodes somehow. The soundtrack is fab, the acting was amazing, it really cleared some things up in my mind (I get so confused about the mythology) It would've been perfect if only it had Krycek in it. I just think it's great for new fans and old ones, I was a new fan when I first saw it and I must've watched it 6 times in 2 days as soon as I'd seen it. Even now, every time I watch it I see something new.

plus, every single time I watch it I'm convinced that *this* time they'll kiss! Damn that bee. I love the whole thing with the Well Manicured Man, because considering his part up until then had been relatively small (compared with CSM anyway) they really built him up. I was also a big fan of urm, the doctor guy whose name I can't recall. He was wacky

Watched Redux 1 + 2 and Detour today. I'm on a roll! How is it possible to forget how amazing these classic episodes are?!

Eek gotta get to bed
                Sat

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                  How did I know that you loved the hallway scene too . Yes that damn bee. It could have bitten her a few seconds later just after they had a little kiss!

I have watched some of your space 1999 videos btw, and although I am not a fan of Space 1999, I did enjoy the videos. You just have a real talent . Have you every thought about doing X Files music videos?

Btw... I have downloaded your latest Sam and Jack videos and will watch soon . Have to savour these ones if you are not doing anymore for a while .

~Tracey~

Oh yes , I have my x-files video page ready to roll....but no videos yet in it..
                  I'll make one soon ..then will follow from that ...Any song ideas for Mulder and Scully perhaps!!!!!I've used soo many songs ..I want to start with a smashing one too for them .

The problem is ..I used to know the DVD's by heart but because I haven't watched any episodes for 1 year ...I may not remember where the scenes are (I could find a few cuz I was an addict)...So any help on that would be greatly appreciated too. Thank you...Send me Private messages for any help...or e-mail me at [email protected]

By the way do you go the the x-files idealist Haven Forum ?(It's a huge forum excatly like the one we 're in at the moment....around 4000 fans in there)sometimes cuz I used to post tons in there ...not so lately although I tried to introduce Stagate sg1 through my videos saying that if they liked the x-files , they would love stargate sg1 ...but apparently they don't wanna know Strange!!!I'm puzzled

Caty aka ShipDiva

Comment

Originally posted by Satori
                    Damn the bee indeed

Well I've never made any secret of the fact that I absolutely and completely and totally adore The X-Files movie...... that film's got absolutely everything, action, intrigue, shippiness, and it really was different from the episodes somehow. The soundtrack is fab, the acting was amazing, it really cleared some things up in my mind (I get so confused about the mythology) It would've been perfect if only it had Krycek in it. I just think it's great for new fans and old ones, I was a new fan when I first saw it and I must've watched it 6 times in 2 days as soon as I'd seen it. Even now, every time I watch it I see something new.

plus, every single time I watch it I'm convinced that *this* time they'll kiss! Damn that bee. I love the whole thing with the Well Manicured Man, because considering his part up until then had been relatively small (compared with CSM anyway) they really built him up. I was also a big fan of urm, the doctor guy whose name I can't recall. He was wacky

Watched Redux 1 + 2 and Detour today. I'm on a roll! How is it possible to forget how amazing these classic episodes are?!

Eek gotta get to bed

The doctor guy... was it kershaw (Martin Landeau)?I really like that actor...Missiom impossible with his wife Barbara Bain and Space 1999 together too.
                    I had never seen 2 married actors playing together all the time ..so I was very interested and intrigued in those 2 ...and they were so in love ..it shines through the screen

Shame she was not in the x-files movie for a cameo?! They even could have mentionned Space 1999 or Mission Impossible.. the shows... like they did with Mac Guyver in Stargate sg1..That would 've been funny ...LOL

Caty aka ShipDiva.
                    Last edited by Catysg1; 14 May 2004, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      Oh yes , I have my x-files video page ready to roll....but no videos yet in it..
                      I'll make one soon ..then will follow from that ...Any song ideas for Mulder and Scully perhaps!!!!!I've used soo many songs ..I want to start with a smashing one too for them .

The problem is ..I used to know the DVD's by heart but because I haven't watched any episodes for 1 year ...I may not remember where the scenes are (I could find a few cuz I was an addict)...So any help on that would be greatly appreciated too. Thank you...Send me Private messages for any help...or e-mail me at [email protected]

By the way do you go the the x-files idealist Haven Forum ?(It's a huge forum excatly like the one we 're in at the moment....around 4000 fans in there)sometimes cuz I used to post tons in there ...not so lately although I tried to introduce Stagate sg1 through my videos saying that if they liked the x-files , they would love stargate sg1 ...but apparently they don't wanna know Strange!!!I'm puzzled

Caty aka ShipDiva
                      So you do have an X files video page! That is great . Can't wait to see some of your videos when you do them. Like I said, you have a real talent for them (especially Sam and Jack ). Ok so I am trying to think of some good songs but it is so hard, I don't know how you think of what songs to use for your others. Let me think some more and I will see if I can come up with any good ones.

No episodes for 1 year? Yeah no problem, of course I will help you (where I can ). Well I guess the later seasons (4-9…well only a select few in 8&9) are the ones with the shippiest scenes in them. Thanks for your email addy. I will think about scenes and will mail or private message you!

No, I have never been the x files idealist haven forum. Would you believe, Gateworld was my first ever (and only) forum that I have been on . I have been on here for over 1 year and a half. I found the XF thread and started to post there, so I never ventured to an XF forum!
                      Really? So not many of them like Stargate? A lot of people I know who like Stargate, liked X files too. Very strange indeed!

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Sabaideeeeeee to you all (that's Lao if anyone's interested, lol!)

Just, urm, really, checking that everyone's still alive out there!

I've been watching loads of XF in the past few days, and today got into some season 6..... The Un-Natural and 3 of a Kind..... the first of which is one of my favourites!! That Josh Exley, wow, there's just something about the smile on that man that can't stop be being amazed at the possibilities of life. It even makes me want to play baseball and that's something Also saw All Things yesterday, one of my very very top favourites (see they're all favourites so I've got to give them different catagories)

Oh how I love this show!

Please, someone stop me.... I'm talking about The X-Files in the X-Files thread!!

My suggestion for a music video - tried and tested but almightily effective - "Lean on Me"

Robert Patrick has facial hair and glasses. Interesting guy, he said he thought that he was happy when he got the part on XF because he thinks Gillian's hot. Hmm.

And I'm walking......
                        Sat

Comment

Woo hoo...someone has actually posted in this thread (it was looking a little quiet) and I am glad it was you ((((hugs)))).

Sabaideeeeeee to you all (that's Lao if anyone's interested, lol!)
                          Still on your language kick! And of course I am interested .

Yep, I am still alive (sent you a private message...read it soon...it's about us meeting up) and glad to see you are too. Work is pretty much taking up a lot of my time but I do try and get on here everyday. I haven’t posted because no one else had...it was all lonely .

Cool about watching loads of XF and season 6...that is your favourite season isn't it? . Hehe, yeah his smile is very nice and that episode is just great...David wrote a good episode there! Oh All things is a good one (that is in season 7 isn't it?) love the end scene! I watched an XF today; it was season 3 'The alk'. I hadn't watched that one in ages...it is so evil that the little boy dies!

Please, someone stop me.... I'm talking about The X-Files in the X-Files thread!!
                          ROTFL oh I know...it is so strange isn't it? Do you think we are coming down with a fever? Well you could always start to tell us about what you did for the 4 months you weren't here .

Robert Patrick has facial hair and glasses. Interesting guy, he said he thought that he was happy when he got the part on XF because he thinks Gillian's hot. Hmm
                          Wow...so did he look a lot different from Agent *ahem* Doggett *cough*? He 'thought' he was happy? Ok so a strange guy...but at least he has good tastes, Gillian is pretty .

((((((((((huggles)))))))))))))

~Tracey~

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

Well, the three parter of X-files was on last night on TNT from 1-4 in the morning...and yes I was up for 2.5 of the episodes, and it was the Anasazi ones...x-files at its prime.

Did anyone ever watch Earth 2? I loved that show--hopefully It'll come out on DVD some time, but I doubt it.

speaking of the x-files, what ever hapenned to the ship off the coast of Africa? Did they just leave it there? And what are everyone's opinion of the show turning more and more religious as the show progressed?

Phil
                            Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                            Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                              Well I knew that there were talks about XF 2 movie and that CC has a good script in mind but I didn't hear that they would start shooting next year! Very cool ...well just as long as it is a good standalone episode and is nothing whatsoever like most of season 9, then it should be ok!

~Tracey~
                              Im hoping that it will be more dd and GA and less doggett and rayes, but it is ment to be a story that people who have never seen it before can go in and watch and understand, and with cancerman dead (or is he cause no one is really dead in the world of the x-files) he needs a decent bad guy!!also some shippy stuff to!!!!!!!!

also carnt remember who posted it, but i did to watch Earth 2 and really enjoyed it!!!!!!if i see it on dvd or anyhing i will post where it is, cause i am sure that they released it on DVD.
                              Gillian x x x x

Yeah Sure You Betcha

Comment

I'm really looking forward to the second X-files movie, but I hope it has some mythology stuff tied in...I don't really want a monster of the week movie...

Phil
                                Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                                Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Working...
                                X