No announcement yet.

X-Files Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah you just know Walter will be back to normal enemy of the X-Files next episode and it'll never be mentioned again.

Then again, they seem to be doing a good job this season of subtlety linking the episodes to the overall story with little titbits here and there, so maybe there's hope.

Comment

Here Are Your TXF Season 11 - Episode Titles: Part Deux
      By Avi Quijada
      On February 14, 2018

http://xfiles.news/index.php/news/latest-news/1571-here-are-your-txf-season-11-episode-titles-part-deux

Here we go, guys. Gather round, because we finally have the FINAL episode order, titles and log lines for the last four episodes of Season 11!

“Rm9sbG93ZXJz,” airing Wednesday, Feb. 28 (8:00 PM-9:00 PM ET/PT)
      Plot: In a world of ever-increasing automation and artificial intelligence, Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) find themselves targets in a deadly game of cat and mouse. Episode written by Shannon Hamblin & Kristen Cloke; Directed by Glen Morgan. #XFRm9

“Familiar,” airing Wednesday, March 7 (8:00 PM-9:00 PM ET/PT)
      Plot: Mulder and Scully investigate the brutal animal attack of a little boy in Connecticut while suspecting darker forces are at play. Episode written by Benjamin Van Allen; Directed by Holly Dale. #XFFamiliar

“Nothing Lasts Forever,” airing Wednesday, March 14 (8:00 PM-9:00 PM ET/PT)
      Plot: While investigating human organ theft, Mulder and Scully uncover a mysterious cult consumed with macabre rituals. Episode written by Karen Nielsen; Directed by Jim Wong. #XFNothing

“My Struggle IV,” airing Wednesday, March 21 (8:00PM-9:00 PM ET/PT) — Season Finale
      Plot: Mulder and Scully rush to find an on-the-run William (guest star Miles Robbins) while the Cigarette Smoking Man (guest star William B. Davis) pushes forward with his ultimate plan. Mitch Pileggi also stars. Annabeth Gish, Joel McHale and Barbara Hershey guest star. #XFMyStruggle4

Check out the new trailer for "Rm9sbG93ZXJz" and stay tuned for our usual breakdowns, upcoming promotional pictures and many other goodies to come.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Reminder for UK X-Philes: Just wanted to remind you / make you aware that tonight (Monday, 5th March) starting at 10pm (GMT) on Channel 5 it will be a double-bill of The X-Files Season 11 episodes Ghouli and Kitten so please don't change that channel.

For those that aren't able to watch live please make sure that your recorders (DVD, Freeview, Sky, etc.) have the second episode set to record at 11pm (GMT) as well. Thank you.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

When Channel 5 start moving series around and putting it on an hour later since last week and now putting another one on at 11pm makes me wonder if they will dump it like they did with Gotham. I have no faith in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumper View Post
            When Channel 5 start moving series around and putting it on an hour later since last week and now putting another one on at 11pm makes me wonder if they will dump it like they did with Gotham. I have no faith in them.
            6 episodes into a 10 episode season? I highly doubt that Channel 5 are going to be dumping it only a little over halfway into its run.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              6 episodes into a 10 episode season? I highly doubt that Channel 5 are going to be dumping it only a little over halfway into its run.
              Yes I don't mean they will just stop it mid season, if they mess around with when it's on any more I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pick it up again if a new season is announced.

Comment

Yes I don't mean they will just stop it mid season, if they mess around with when it's on any more I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pick it up again if a new season is announced.
                If that happened then I would dearly love for a potential Season 12 to go back to the BBC. I still can't get used to the ads after having watched 9 seasons worth of episodes with zero interruptions.

Comment

It's been put back to 11pm next Monday. Screw Channel 5.

Comment

Isn't that what they did last year to bring the last episode up to only being a day after its US debut?

The last US episode was funny for me as an avid drone flyer since I have the exact same model they used for the little swarm, I often dream of tormenting people I don't like, like that lol

Comment

It's been put back to 11pm next Monday. Screw Channel 5.
                      I know. And completely agree. They're handling The X-Files as badly as they handle the football coverage which I've resorted to recording just so I can fast forward past all the chit-chat and ads. Unfortunately I can't do the same with The X-Files. I've watched every episode live since Season 1 began in the UK all those years back and that's how I'll continue to do it adverts or no adverts.

So Channel 5 is the best we've got...for now at least.

Comment

Good episode this week. Creepy and unsettling...and I don’t want to spoil our UK friends so I will say no more
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Beware of spoilers for X-Files S11 finale ---> The X-Files Finale: Creator Talks Scully's Shocking Ending and Where the Series Goes Next

X-Files reruns will be returning to BBCAmerica: https://twitter.com/BBCAMERICA/statu...38635579432960

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Series finale was pure and unmitigated garbage. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves and barred from making TV ever again. Holy god, this hot pile of crap actually managed to make the original show’s series finale — which itself was crap — actually look halfway decent. Holy hell.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Series finale was pure and unmitigated garbage. Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves and barred from making TV ever again. Holy god, this hot pile of crap actually managed to make the original show’s series finale — which itself was crap — actually look halfway decent. Holy hell.
                              Don't blame the cast and crew for carrying out the creator's garbage. Chris Carter is the one who should be banned from working on his own show ever again.
                              sigpic
                              The Return of King Arthur
                              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Well that final was crap.

Last season final was descent and at least move the world and X-Files onward, imagine season 11 twist the X-files are mainstream and Scully and Moulder finally have a whole team of operatives working for them. This just left it stagnant.

An really Moulder kills the smoking man by shooting him, this is the guy that got burnt alive and still survived. An chucking both of their bodies in the river was clearly just a way for them to bring them back if they decided to do a season 12.

I did like the way kid wasn't exactly good nor was he evil but somewhere in between.

An this episode could and perhaps should have started straight after episode 1, at least that way the audience would remember who these character are. An we know there another 8 episodes left to explore the effect of taking smoking man and the bloke behind the desk has on their respected conspiracies because surely both are bigger than just two men.

Comment

Working...
                                X